Disc Launcher in -- anything else goes. Any guesses on their crazy ideas? by Sir Lucius - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Disc Launcher in -- anything else goes. Any guesses on their crazy ideas?
Page 2 of 3
Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 04-08-2003, 10:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeri0us
How bout something along the lines of something you need to use when your actually touching another player which you place on them that sorta works as an attachable elf. Drains all their energy for like 5-10 seconds. Would be awesome tool for lds or someone trying to stop a HO.
No, no, and NO. Did I mention no? EMP is the gayest thing a mod ever came up with.

Sponsored Links
Kizzak
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 04-08-2003, 10:10
The additional plus which could be the single use for a melee weapon that the lance had was the ability to screw all air vehicles with one hit (flip them, whatever, it just basically crashes it unless its really high or a good pilot). It took a bit more skill because at the speeds the vehicles were going it would be a little more difficult predicting where the vehicle would be. One shocklance couldn't kill a shrike or bomber(shields), but it could severely **** it up and was a slight counter against vehicles.

Tani
VeteranX
Old
23 - 04-08-2003, 15:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by R@ND0M
A melee "smash" type weapon which gibs the enemy (Light armor) after being hit 3 times.
Each 'reload' has a 1 second cool time for the weapon reloading.
Plasma Modification: Shots to the ground/wall with the plasma will allow you to wall-climb like in Quake 3.
Perhaps a plasma which fires faster, and takes off less (although I love the T1 plasma as is, apart from against heavies).
Signed :|

Ben Reed
VeteranX
Old
24 - 04-08-2003, 16:25
I'd still like to see a Duke's Mighty Foot-style melee kick attack.

Think of the possibilities:

- Comes standard-issue with the armor, it's got crappy range and not-so-hot damage, but it doesn't take up a weapon slot and can be used to increase the effectiveness of weapons and conserve ammo.
- Could be used in the air, on the ground, underwater, anywhere
- The different armors would have different kicks...light armor kick comes out fast and can be repeated quickly, but does little damage, heavy armor has a big-ass kick that hurts like hell but comes out slow and can't be used as quickly, and medium armor, as always, strikes a balance between the two.
- The kicks could be used to set up for a weapon strike...kick the enemy capper, which stops him dead and stuns him for about a second and a half, and nail him in the head with your weapon of choice. (Maybe somebody could script a fighting-game-style hit counter for kick/weapon combos... )

Thrax Panda
God Complex4
Old
25 - 04-08-2003, 16:50
How about a big-ass bat that knocks people down. Very little damage, but absolutely knocks you flat on your ass for a second. Then you could get a group of people around somebody and just beat the tar out of them for a long time and keep dropping them like a sack of *#$% every time they got up. Call it the "Whats-a-matta-fa-you Bat".

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 04-08-2003, 18:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by [-mIze-]
I'd like to see something like the Renegades detpack return in a base release.
okay, you're banned from posting anymore.

Ragnafrak
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
27 - 04-08-2003, 19:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax Panda
How about a big-ass bat that knocks people down. Very little damage, but absolutely knocks you flat on your ass for a second. Then you could get a group of people around somebody and just beat the tar out of them for a long time and keep dropping them like a sack of *#$% every time they got up. Call it the "Whats-a-matta-fa-you Bat".
if it worked in midair and slammed the person into the ground would be sweet

Locke355
Sexy Bitch
Contributor
Old
28 - 04-08-2003, 19:50
All water in the next tribes should be filled with sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.

MST3K-rules
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
29 - 04-08-2003, 21:59
Those would cost too much to render. To save money they'll have to take mutated sea bass from Dynamix's earlier fishing titles and use those in the water.

Ceiling_Fan
Forum Ranger++
Contributor
Old
30 - 04-08-2003, 22:19
Then we could have fishing poles and deployable bait stations!

Rabid Poop
Veteran++
Old
31 - 04-08-2003, 22:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Lucius
How about a net?

"ono anet"
a net you could use to stop cappers, OR potentially set up so a capper could grab the flag, you set up the net, and they bounce off it on to their route with increased speed from the elasticy of the net@#$!#!@%$@#$!@$#!!23

Thrax Panda
God Complex4
Old
32 - 04-09-2003, 00:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke355
All water in the next tribes should be filled with sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads.
Right. That's in. Done.

SonGohan
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 04-09-2003, 02:21
I think there should be "Nerdy" Tribesmen who watch tons of anime and try to dress as their favorite characters, like Gohan! He'd charge for 24 minutes of the match, and have that last minute to save the world.. which of course he will delay for 5 or so matches before doing so.

MST3K-rules
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
34 - 04-09-2003, 03:30
Okay. So how about this melee weapon works like this: hit the head from behind and it takes away like 90% of a light's health, but hit it anywhere else and it's more of a 3-hit weapon as originally suggested.

I'm just saying, even with future innovation in strategies, I don't expect anyone with a jetpack to let another player hit them three times up close with a stick.

R@ND0M
VeteranX
Old
35 - 04-09-2003, 04:38
i fricken love the sharks + fricken laser beams idea

R@ND0M
VeteranX
Old
36 - 04-09-2003, 04:41
"the ugly stick"

no matter how you balance your shocklance idea, it'll be flawed mst3k
people will always get better, and a year down the line it could become a really unbalanced weapon which is far too easy to use (look at how easy shocklancing people in the back is)

[-mIze-]
VeteranX
Old
37 - 04-09-2003, 10:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis?
okay, you're banned from posting anymore.
Uh-huh, blow me. I wasn't talking about the fags that ctrl + k'd on heavies using a detpack, it had strategic value and any good team didn't let it explode in front of their faces while they were on invs. How far fetched is a frickin timed bomb hundreds of years in the future?

Thrax Panda
God Complex4
Old
38 - 04-09-2003, 10:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by [-mIze-]
How far fetched is a frickin timed bomb hundreds of years in the future?
This arguement holds no water (in any discussion of Tribes) as we're making a game not a technicaly realistic projection of the future. We're talking jetpacks and laser beams here, reality doesn't really count.

[-mIze-]
VeteranX
Old
39 - 04-09-2003, 11:31
I was saying that more in defense of the comment the moron above me made, but we're all kind of throwing out ideas here. Simply saying, in some ways, Renegades was practical with the ideas it came out with (a rifle that fired bullets, timed explosives, shrikes with missiles, dumbfiring, etc.), but was also horribly under-developed with the gameplay and fairness issues. A one-shot weapon that could kill you from 1000m with full health was ridiculous, and the Borg armor/Vulcan made the game pointless. Anyway, I'd like to see more of that practical gameplay but on a balanced scale.

Azra3l
TWS Champion++
Contributor
Old
40 - 04-09-2003, 11:44
Attention mIze: Satchel pack.

Good day sir.

Page 2 of 3

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Disc Launcher in -- anything else goes. Any guesses on their crazy ideas?

Social Website Bullshit