Think the tribes 3 engine will allow tunneling?

I want network to be as fast as possible (defaulting to T1), using only minimum resources, anti-cheat encryption and other required features

I think t2 had far too much informations, the ping times were around 50ms higher than t1 in game to servers in the same location

Thrax Panda said:
in order to update all of their terain data would kill any hope of good network performance
nuff said, i'll never mention it again*.

*(unless you somehow lose your minds and make a single player game upon which i'll haunt you in this life and the next asking "where the fack is my deformable terrain??") :grimreape

Upgrade the network protocol and allow it to update small patches of the terrain dynamically, then just send an update for the bit of terrain affected :p

Of course if the terrain is still a 2d grid you really couldn't tunnel, it'd be more like terrain morphing. Might make for some nasty hpb artifacting too.. hmm maybe it's not a good idea after all

I didn't know a good way to come up with a word for "true 3d" landscapes. By terrain deformations I ment through weapon damage -- I didn't intend that in my original post.

Back