Why I'm not playing T2

There's one thing wrong with T2, it's just wayyy too complicated for public play. T2 requires teamwork, this has already been established. But the teamwork required to get any satisfaction from the game will be a rare sight on pubs. This is a shame, what is a game without fun pubbing? It's not like T1. You could pop on a pub and have a good time, sure thats good. but this was only possible because the way in which T1 was played rarely changed, tactics were the same and thus people could fit themselves into pub games with no problem.

I'll be honest, I get satisfaction from playing T2 matches, but pubs.. urgh, I'd honestly rather play CS. Because it's simple. I think match wise, T2 really is going to kick ass, So much scope for tactic variation, it's great. But the good old days of great pubbing are gone imho. So having said that, I predict that one of these will develope overtime:

Established servers will appear, rotating the small, fast maps. Quagmire, beggars run, minotaur, damnation and perhaps riverdance. Why those maps? Because they're simple and in the end people will be able to fit themselves into a position on those maps just like on SH in T1.

Or, people get sick of pubs, it's just too complicated and not worth the hassle -> move onto new games -> forget T2. T2 dies quicker than expected.

I think that T2 cant be fixed, it's gone past no return and people just need to accept this fact. Dont pub and just play matches or just quit entirely. It's shame that things will turn out like this, i'm pretty sure one of the above will happen, perhaps even a mixture of both.

T1 was great, and I thank those that made it, it was truely awesome and will always be THE #1 game to me, thanks. :/

Void|deadjawa said:
I agree that its sad that all these people are quitting. However all this shit about "There are no heros" and "The defense is less skilled" is crap. It still takes a lot of skill, if not more, to do a lot of things in T2. The MA sniper uber LD is still around. There are still a lot of heroes. I think the only reason some of these people are quitting is because they want to be the best right away. They cant handle not being the best any more (and having everyone worship them). Natural is a prime example of that. Everyone worshipped him in T1, and i really dont think he can handle not having that any more in T2.

Hmph.

And you sir are a prime example of a fucking idiot. Has it ever occurred to you that the reason people dont play T2 is not because they want to be good right away...but instead...maybe because they just hate the fucking game. I mean are you so in love with this new game that you can not even fathom the possibility that someone else could not like it. Jesus Christ. Yea your right...Everyone that was good in T1 and that now does not like T2...do not like it because they suck at it. Heh...this argument was used a long time ago...when the game first came out, and you can pretty much take a crap on it because I think the domination of Top 10 T1 teams on the T2 ladder as of right now...proves that good in Tribes is good in Tribes...Universally. You will now be logged under my "AKA-PanamaJack Dick sucker" list...Fucking idiots.

Reguardless of how long Natural has been away from Tribes he was a big part of it and has always shown that he cares about the community. He is just answering a question I am sure he gets asked quite a bit.

Polaris said:
not for nothing, but hasnt Natural been out of tribes for well over a year now? I mean, I would be more apt to listen to Bluenose or Daunt and consider their opinions as cannon.

Yea Polaris. I can understand that. But the thing is...even if it were Daunt or Bluenose...these Dynamix dick sucking faggots would still be in here insisting that these proven Tribes veterans were wrong...and that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the game. I hate them!

About the netcode, it is much improved. No, you don't see a lot of sub 30 pings. Where it helps is modem users. I've recently returned home from the summer, and where I live, there is no chance in hell of getting broadband (it's the sticks).

For the past 9 months, I've been on DSL. I'm very used to playing with 60-100 ping. I was pretty worried about how T2 would treat me on my modem. Well, suffice to say, T2 on a modem feels like T1 on DSL. There's hardly any trigger lag, and you hit where you aim. Very rarely do you jump around, missing some of the action. Hell, I was even able to chain fairly well on a modem.

For the most part, this netcode levels the playing field between LPB's and HPB's. There isn't as much of a difference as was noticeable in T1. And if you really need your sub 30 T1 ping (which feels about the same as sub 100 ping in T2), then maybe you need to reevaluate why the game sucks. Maybe it's just you.

All you peep's that attack nat for (maybe hes just not uber at t2 bullshit that u spew outa your mouth) are just full of shit looking for excuses to justify your like in this slow ass game, and your tiny ego's.

T1 had JUST as much teamwork, just on a scale that most couldn't see, at the pace the games went, its easy to see the teamwork when it goes as slow as t2, many if you are not playing on the top teams in t1, and just watched the demo's it was easy to miss warnipple 90% of the time coming in 10 seconds before nat clearing mines and biting a inc snipe for nat to zoom in from the other side never getting hit, and of course u never even see nipple on the demo, or u never saw hose suicide on the roof of IR, owning 2 ld before they knew what hit them, to die on the flag to have nat fly off a second later with the flag in hand and off to the races, or to have special tail a capper as the flag drops to be gone with 10 seconds left in the game to tie it up in the last second(now that was fun).

These things ARE the pinnacle of teamwork, there just so fast that if you are not one of the people at that lvl, u missed seeing the teamwork.

I haven't posted on this board.. From the time t2 came out, this is my first post, as of right now, i DO still have t2 install, i wont go get my money back, i DO play it once or twice a week, i honestly like the game SOME, its ok to play when i get home late, but the urge is nowhere near t1 that i want to play it a ton.

Heroism is gone from the game, theres also no confusion anymore , there's no need for fast thinkers where you need to make split second choices, to save/get a flag, now its all slow, and thought out(which isnt always bad in RL, but i find lacking in a game.)

I'm sure ill get flamed just like nat is, well bring it, i won't care about anyones flame that didn't earn my respect in some way in t1, so half u guys flaming nat with your tiny ego's about maybe him not being good in t2 is the only reason he doesn't like the game, are just mad you play t2 for the same hours the rest of us played t1 and still suck.

laters

LoLnOw of EQ <-owned nat

Last edited:
DipStick said:
And you sir are a prime example of a fucking idiot.

Thanks. Obviously so are you.

The only fucking arguement being laid forth in this whole thread against T2 is "wahhh i cant do the same stuff i was able to in T1". That translates into "Wahhh im not god like i was in T1, so im gonna go play it instead".

The only people that are bitching are people who are comparing T1 to T2. And, the only people comparing T1 to T2 are people who are bitching because they cant ski or HO as well as they used to. And so, the only people bitching are ones who wont play T2 because they are not as good at it.

Its thinking numbnuts. Do it before you post.

Some of you people crack me up. I have played with most of you and you can't touch Natural when it comes to this game. I myself completely stopped playing T2 for pretty much the same reasons as Natural. People like bounty who say that if they load up they could cap on anyone. HAHAHAHA. Not if there are decent d players playing. You couldn't cap before. What makes you think you can cap now? I respect Natural and agree with him for the most par.

Void|deadjawa said:
I agree that its sad that all these people are quitting. However all this shit about "There are no heros" and "The defense is less skilled" is crap. It still takes a lot of skill, if not more, to do a lot of things in T2. The MA sniper uber LD is still around. There are still a lot of heroes. I think the only reason some of these people are quitting is because they want to be the best right away. They cant handle not being the best any more (and having everyone worship them). Natural is a prime example of that. Everyone worshipped him in T1, and i really dont think he can handle not having that any more in T2.

Hmph.

Not being the best anymore?? Who are you to say that? It DOES take less skill for much of T2, sniping is easier, MA's are easier, and these guys' skills are just as applicable as they were. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. People are quitting cuz the game sucks, not because they can't still own it.

I'm on DSL right now and I've noticed an increase in ping times. Maybe T1 and T2 register ping times differently but all I know is that on Darkside my ping used to be sub 40 for most of the time. If I get 50ms these days I consider myself lucky. It's still a low ping but I'd like to know why the difference is there is all. :)

It just seems to me that all pings are globally a bit higher. 5150, Cheaters and any other converted servers are all higher. Cheaters Wayside T1 server is still solid pingwise also btw. Thoughts anyone? :hrm:

eM.Einsteinium said:
About the netcode, it is much improved. No, you don't see a lot of sub 30 pings. Where it helps is modem users. I've recently returned home from the summer, and where I live, there is no chance in hell of getting broadband (it's the sticks).

For the past 9 months, I've been on DSL. I'm very used to playing with 60-100 ping. I was pretty worried about how T2 would treat me on my modem. Well, suffice to say, T2 on a modem feels like T1 on DSL. There's hardly any trigger lag, and you hit where you aim. Very rarely do you jump around, missing some of the action. Hell, I was even able to chain fairly well on a modem.

For the most part, this netcode levels the playing field between LPB's and HPB's. There isn't as much of a difference as was noticeable in T1. And if you really need your sub 30 T1 ping (which feels about the same as sub 100 ping in T2), then maybe you need to reevaluate why the game sucks. Maybe it's just you.

Void|deadjawa said:
And furthermore you may "Just not like the game" but give a better arguement besides "It was better in T1".

Holy Fuck...why do any of us have to give a "better" argument as to why we dont like a game. I dont think there is any reason for Nat, I or anyone to have to justify why we dont like a game...its simple as that...we dont like the game. I think the ridiculous thing about your argument is that you proclaim yourself right in your thinking. Saying WE dont like the game for reasons that you THINK we dont like the game. Yes, we dont like the game...partially because it is SO much different than the original...but mainly..we dont like the game...because the game istelf is not fun to us. I dont see any other reason to not play a game than that.

Last edited:
DipStick said:
Everyone of you that say there are still heros in T2 well...DONT HAVE ANY FUCKIN CLUE AS TO WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. Heroism is when a guy can outrun, outsmart and outplay the opponent. You got plenty of this in T1, and ESPECIALLY from a guy like Natural. Yea...Its a cowboy style of play...But dont you even fucking dare say that cowboy play is only about 1 man. Its about the team working in unison. O clearing the flag...destroying the LD...killing turrets...and paving a way for the grab...Then you are half way there. Now you have to look at the D...5 other guys keeping your flag home...or safely guarding it in the field...SO that when your "cowboy" capper comes home( because he basically ownd your whole fuccin defense) he can cap the flag.

You dont have this in T2...Instead you have a guy that is home turreting..a flare throwin fatty on a bommber..a bunch of guys doing a specific task that they HAVE to do in order to even touch the flag. Unlike T1 where you just had heavies flyin to the otherside, and utter chaos around the flag...Honestly...have you ever seen 7 green arrows...and 7 red arrows...dog-fighting around the flag in T2? NOPE! You do all the time in T1. Spare me.

I am so sick of you faggots trying to tell me that T1 was a non-team oriented game. That is a crock of bullshit. You never played an organized match against "GOOD" opponents..otherwise you wouldnt have that opinion. So please stop trying to brainwash the newbies that read these forums into thinking Tribes2 is a much better TEAM based game...and Tribes1 was all about 1 man. Bullshit.

You all should take a second and think about who you are bad mouthin...This is [IE] Natural. Probably THE GREATEST capper of all time. You need to start treading more lightly...If this man has formed an opinion on T2...whether it be after 8 hrs or 8 fuccin weeks...I am gonna listen because he knows his shit more than any of you assholes. You can say its a different game...which it obviously is, but when I first loaded up the game...I realized that so much T1 skill automatically transfers over...so basically...I could play the game and pretty much tell you how it was gonna be played competitively. And if I can do it...You better believe [IE] Natural can do it 10 x better.

SO before you fucking Dynamix dick sucking faggots come at and say waaahhh...this is a new game..waaahhh...dont play it if you dont like it. Realize this. Natural does not need your blessing to not play T2. If he's not gonna play it..he's not gonna play it. And he definitely does not need you faggots coming in here telling him he is wrong about the game because YOU think he is wrong. I do remember the topic being...Why <B><I>I'm </B></I>not playing T2. Not...why YOU ALL shouldnt play T2..So do yourself a favor..and tread lightly cuz this is Tribes history making a statement...and you need to respect that...

This post is so disgusting I can feel vomit creeping up my throat. If someone can do anything 10X better than you, then you suck and should give up at whatever that it is you're doing. Are you saying that because someone was good at Tribes that we can't give our honest opinion on a statement they made in a public forum? That's ridiculous, you have heard too many fairy-tales about Natural or something, you are just the kind of guy I make fun of in my posts about riding the coat-tails of great players, because you can't think big enough of yourself to imagine that you could be that good. It's pathetic, you should really have more respect for yourself. "Tribes history making statement" that is what really makes my throat burn. Anyone that decides whether or not they are going to play T2 based on some guys opinion on the game should :stab: die, and from what you sound like, that's you :stab:. MAYBE YOU GOT AUTO OPS IN #IE!!!!

Last edited:
Polaris said:
not for nothing, but hasnt Natural been out of tribes for well over a year now? I mean, I would be more apt to listen to Bluenose or Daunt and consider their opinions as cannon.

I may be wrong here, but I believe Bluenose and daunt have said much the same thing. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Void|deadjawa said:
Thanks. Obviously so are you.

The only fucking arguement being laid forth in this whole thread against T2 is "wahhh i cant do the same stuff i was able to in T1". That translates into "Wahhh im not god like i was in T1, so im gonna go play it instead".

The only people that are bitching are people who are comparing T1 to T2. And, the only people comparing T1 to T2 are people who are bitching because they cant ski or HO as well as they used to. And so, the only people bitching are ones who wont play T2 because they are not as good at it.

Its thinking numbnuts. Do it before you post.

Another PJ syndrome. Someone call a doctor.

Back