Low flying jumbo jet near Manhattan freaks out thousands by Icey - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Low flying jumbo jet near Manhattan freaks out thousands
Page 8 of 9
Wiggle!
VeteranX
Old
141 - 04-28-2009, 00:36
in summary, it was stupid and i would have freaked out. that's like the pilot and flight attendants acting like we're going to crash our plane so they can take pictures of us. don't worry about it. we're crashing soon.

i think it's even dumber our president flies in a plane that clearly says the president will be flying in this plane. you know what? i bet he's shooting rockets off in the fighter jet next to it. i would be. how glorious.

anyway

Sponsored Links
Bad_CRC
Linux Tribes++
Contributor
Old
142 - 04-28-2009, 00:38
god damn new yorkers are pussies.

jets fly low over my house all the time, like anytime it's cloudy or if they don't want to go the normal route to the airport which isn't even near here.

Wiggle!
VeteranX
Old
143 - 04-28-2009, 00:52
never forget [registered trademark symbol]

Tribalbob
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
144 - 04-28-2009, 01:29
I just want to be a tool, and point out that it's only actually Air Force One when the president is actually on board.

so stop calling it air force one.

apollod
VeteranXX
Old
145 - 04-28-2009, 01:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribalbob View Post
I just want to be a tool, and point out that it's only actually Air Force One when the president is actually on board.

so stop calling it air force one.
No **** sherlock.. But if everybody in this thread called it VC-25A SAM 29000, nobody would know what the **** we're talking about

ZOD
VeteranX
Old
146 - 04-28-2009, 01:38
I find it amusing that not only did it turn into a cluster **** but we paid for it

Your tax dollars at work people.

Tribalbob
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
147 - 04-28-2009, 01:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOD View Post
I find it amusing that not only did it turn into a cluster **** but we paid for it

Your tax dollars at work people.
ctrl-c

ctrl-f "iraq war thread"

ctrl-v

Wiggle!
VeteranX
Old
148 - 04-28-2009, 13:40
Official who OK'd N.Y. flyby accused of 'felony stupidity' - CNN.com

felony stupidity

cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
149 - 04-28-2009, 13:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
What's amazing is the department of homeland security was only created a few years ago, and already it's up to 200k people. Think about that, 200k people.
United States Department of Homeland Security - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
On March 1, 2003, DHS absorbed the Immigration and Naturalization Service and assumed its duties. In doing so, it divided the enforcement and services functions into two separate and new agencies: Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Citizenship and Immigration Services. Additionally, the border enforcement functions of the INS, the Customs Service, and the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service were consolidated into a new agency under DHS: Customs and Border Protection. The Federal Protective Service falls under Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Icey
VeteranX
Old
150 - 04-28-2009, 13:47
It's not so much the photo-op that galls me, Mr. Caldera, it's the fact that you explicitly told local authorities not to disclose this information to the public. Snap all the photos you want, but Jesus Christ tell someone about it in advance if you're going to fly a massive jumbo jet low over the financial district in Manhattan!

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
151 - 04-28-2009, 13:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
What's amazing is the department of homeland security was only created a few years ago, and already it's up to 200k people. Think about that, 200k people.
United States Department of Homeland Security - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The department was established on November 25, 2002, by the Homeland Security Act of 2002. It was intended to consolidate U.S. executive branch organizations related to "homeland security" into a single Cabinet agency. The following 22 agencies were incorporated into the new department:[7]

* Customs Service – Treasury
* Coast Guard – Transportation
* Secret Service – Treasury
* United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (formerly Immigration and Naturalization Service) – Justice
* United States Border Patrol (formerly Immigration and Naturalization Service) – Justice
* U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (formerly Immigration and Naturalization Service) – Justice
* United States Federal Protective Service (part of ICE)
* Transportation Security Administration – Transportation
* Federal Law Enforcement Training Center – Treasury
* Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service – Agriculture
* Office for Domestic Preparedness – Justice
* Federal Emergency Management Agency
* Strategic National Stockpile and the National Disaster Medical System – HHS
* Nuclear Incident Response Team – Energy
* Domestic Emergency Support Teams – Justice
* National Domestic Preparedness Office – FBI
* CBRN Countermeasures Programs – Energy
* Environmental Measurements Laboratory – Energy
* National BW Defense Analysis Center – Defense
* Plum Island Animal Disease Center – Agriculture
* Federal Computer Incident Response Center – GSA
* National Communications System – Defense
* National Infrastructure Protection Center – FBI
* Energy Security and Assurance Program – Energy

From the Wiki you just linked...

cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
152 - 04-28-2009, 13:50
the financial district has been scaring the **** out of the rest of US for the past year.

please forgive me if I don't get too weepy about some spooked bankers.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
153 - 04-28-2009, 13:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
Enough in the crowd probably could though
The point is plenty could not. That is all it takes to scare people and cause a panic.

Oh one more point. If I see a 747 flying at the building I am in I am not sitting around long enough to identify the ****ing thing. Upwards of a million or more people were in range to see this plane flying around. Some might have known right away what it was. Some did not. Not everyone had the same view others did. Not everyone knows what Air Force One looks like. Not everyone is rational when a plane is flying outside normal flight patterns in that area.

On top of all that all it takes is for a few people to see it in their office building out of a thousand and they can sound the alarm and get the building evactuated. Its not ****ing like they took pictures, observed the plane and had a ****ing meeting on whether to evacuate the building and then voted on it. Its a rash decision made in the heat of the moment on little info and the person who decides might not have even seen the ****ing plane. They could be on the other side of the building.

There are too many ****ing variables to assume everyone knows Air Force One and can make rational decisions based on that and its ****ing altitude.

747's do not fly there. EVER.

Knowing this and knowing your decision can save lives do you wait?

Easy fix. Notify New York and the public a week before hand. Have the news remind people nightly. Gives people plenty of time to share the info so nobody is suprised.

I hope whoever approved this gets a big slap upside the ****ing head.

Last edited by DocHolliday; 04-28-2009 at 14:16..
Reno
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
154 - 04-28-2009, 18:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
The point is plenty could not. That is all it takes to scare people and cause a panic.

Oh one more point. If I see a 747 flying at the building I am in I am not sitting around long enough to identify the ****ing thing. Upwards of a million or more people were in range to see this plane flying around. Some might have known right away what it was. Some did not. Not everyone had the same view others did. Not everyone knows what Air Force One looks like. Not everyone is rational when a plane is flying outside normal flight patterns in that area.

On top of all that all it takes is for a few people to see it in their office building out of a thousand and they can sound the alarm and get the building evactuated. Its not ****ing like they took pictures, observed the plane and had a ****ing meeting on whether to evacuate the building and then voted on it. Its a rash decision made in the heat of the moment on little info and the person who decides might not have even seen the ****ing plane. They could be on the other side of the building.

There are too many ****ing variables to assume everyone knows Air Force One and can make rational decisions based on that and its ****ing altitude.

747's do not fly there. EVER.

Knowing this and knowing your decision can save lives do you wait?

Easy fix. Notify New York and the public a week before hand. Have the news remind people nightly. Gives people plenty of time to share the info so nobody is suprised.

I hope whoever approved this gets a big slap upside the ****ing head.
Quit being a *****-enabler.

DropSquad
VeteranXV
Old
155 - 04-29-2009, 12:59
$328,835 for ~3 hours of flying for the jet and the two fighters.

GREAT USE OF OUR TAX DOLLARS AMERICA! BRAVO!

Baby Bew
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
156 - 04-29-2009, 13:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropSquad View Post

I don't think you realize how little $300k is.

DropSquad
VeteranXV
Old
157 - 04-29-2009, 13:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Bew View Post
I don't think you realize that the fact that they can just piss away 300k in 3 hours for absolutely nothing shows a far bigger problem in how they justify spending.

Phalanx
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
158 - 04-29-2009, 13:15
since the iraq war cost us $33 million per 3 hours,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Bew View Post

MeSlayer
VeteranXV
Old
159 - 04-29-2009, 13:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropSquad View Post

Hello your completely arbitrary number is very interesting, I would love to see what makes up that number since I'm assuming it involves including costs that a jet fighter incurs regardless of it sitting on the ground or flying around NYC

because its fairly certain they didnt spend 300k on JP-8

DropSquad
VeteranXV
Old
160 - 04-29-2009, 13:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx View Post
since the iraq war cost us $33 million per 3 hours,
We spent ~ a trillion with the sign of a pen. I realize that 300K is not even a drop in the pond but if you don't see that they have no regard for money and that throwing around half a mill here half a mill there, all day every day adds up to quite a bit.

Page 8 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Low flying jumbo jet near Manhattan freaks out thousands

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
telos is a pussy