Straight out the trailer thread

I’ll use the same drywall method for over the door too. The blocks are hollow tho so I’ll probably use some tap cons to hold it up in addition to the mortar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure how I’ll finish the top of the tile. I was thinking of using a chair molding at the top and pad it out so it also covers the power cable.

Any ideas how I can cover the cable?

Last edited:

Not much progress. Finished the floor edge with an aluminum strip. Added another row on top. Rearranged the cable on the wall to look nicer.

Last edited:

Thought it needed some color so I got a mosaic and thought I’d experiment with it.

It was on clearance at 3.50/sq ft and the guy took a dollar off for me.

Last edited:

online image hosting

Thinset mortar thickness. I’m using non modified so it works to my benefit that the material buildup is so thick. It gives the cement a longer time to grow crystals. I got the super cheap bag that’s just cement and sand. $5 a bag. Otherwise the modified is $15 a bag. I think I’m around 10 bags now. Initially I bought two initially.

But the bag specifies a concrete base and use with ceramic tile. I back butter the tile and parge the wall and use a 1/4” notched trowel to get good contact.

The tile is cheap too so there’s a lot of inconsistencies with squareness and thickness anyways so doing a lot of prep work to even the walls would’ve still yielded mediocre results.

Last edited:
Great Job KingS
I'll give you one of these pieces of meat
s3tAqbk.jpg

a couple frog legs
3Rm7Seh.jpg

and some of ...a hh
this stuff
e5vdUnd.jpg

I have a friend that works renovation/construction for some of the finest restaurants.
And they love him. We go out with our wives to some really spectacular places. I am lucky.

Last edited:

I hope I’ll finish tile today, do grout tomorrow, and move on to paint by end of week

This is where we were 7.27

0088999-F-9-B88-4449-85-DF-AD5-FF5-B86533.jpg

Last edited:
Back