Tribes Rebirth (source port)

It's a bug that contributes nothing to gameplay and is completely unacceptable in 2015. Why do you think a bunch of the TA guys would play stuff like QL but not T1? The game has awful technical issues. Mouse input is polled at 32Hz and interpolated. The game feels incredibly clunky.

none of those t:a ppl play ql at any capacity

i think fire is the only one that tried reflex srsly but he is a more srs gamer than most of themanyway

most went to cs or kept playing ascendbergers

none of those t:a ppl play ql at any capacity

i think fire is the only one that tried reflex srsly but he is a more srs gamer than most of themanyway

most went to cs or kept playing ascendbergers

Phonsc and z4t0 did. No-one who plays any comp shooter is going to play Tribes, if you want to change that it needs to act like a proper fps with responsive input. No-one deals with mouselag anymore.

It's a bug that contributes nothing to gameplay and is completely unacceptable in 2015. Why do you think a bunch of the TA guys would play stuff like QL but not T1? The game has awful technical issues. Mouse input is polled at 32Hz and interpolated. The game feels incredibly clunky.

You are literally the only person to ever mention this "problem". You seem pretty militant about it, too.

Last edited:
You are literally the only person to ever mention this "problem". You seem pretty militant about it, too.

I mentioned T1 to one of my CSGO teammates and he said he had tried it and thought it felt clunky. I'm not the only person who can notice 32ms mouse lag and shots not actually going where you aim.

only if ur a real fuckin try hard indoor twitch aimer will this remotely matter and only at the pro level could it really be noticeable

t1 isnt played like that (and still plays really fun indoors anyway)

aiming with 32ms mouse lag has never effected my accuracy which if u look its usually between 26-32 (sometimes more) % which is around a low level pro quake player and quake is easier to hit shit in cuz its up close anyway

so idk y we cant appreciate t1 for the type of feel it has because it really is the only thing imo that remotely plays close to cpma quake and how fast and how fluid the movement is

if t2 and other tribes games did this id play them but the video gamey do things exactly correct or very challenging (like ski jagged terrain) have ur mouse set up to be both good close up (twitch) and mid range (low mouse sense) and long range (low mouse sensitivity) then id play them but they dont

there is not another tribes game where u can cg ppl across the map threw the fog line like u can in t1

t2 has nofog hitscan sniping o wow so what u can do that in t1 just without the perma iff

only if ur a real fuckin try hard indoor twitch aimer will this remotely matter and only at the pro level could it really be noticeable

t1 isnt played like that (and still plays really fun indoors anyway)

aiming with 32ms mouse lag has never effected my accuracy which if u look its usually between 26-32 (sometimes more) % which is around a low level pro quake player and quake is easier to hit shit in cuz its up close anyway

so idk y we cant appreciate t1 for the type of feel it has because it really is the only thing imo that remotely plays close to cpma quake and how fast and how fluid the movement is

if t2 and other tribes games did this id play them but the video gamey do things exactly correct or very challenging (like ski jagged terrain) have ur mouse set up to be both good close up (twitch) and mid range (low mouse sense) and long range (low mouse sensitivity) then id play them but they dont

there is not another tribes game where u can cg ppl across the map threw the fog line like u can in t1

t2 has nofog hitscan sniping o wow so what u can do that in t1 just without the perma iff

regardless of how hard it is to adjust to it feels like shit to people who have played other FPS games made by competent coders. csgo guys consider 64 ticks/sec servers to be bad when tribes runs at 32, most would probably drop t1 quickly because of the technical issues alone.

if it doesn't affect you what's the problem with changing it to grow the playerbase? i'm going to keep the old laggy smoothed mouse input as an option so you can use it if you really want to.

idc if its added or not i cant remember ever noticing it and i dont think it will improve anyone's aim anyway

so if it appeases some kind of autist person that will cry about this in the future that is cool w/me

idc if its added or not i cant remember ever noticing it and i dont think it will improve anyone's aim anyway

so if it appeases some kind of autist person that will cry about this in the future that is cool w/me

FPS players are 90% autist so this is important

i always knew tribe was fuken weird and it felt completely different than any proper modern fps game does. that would prolly be "artificial" skill ceiling where game is much much harder because of shitty coding instead of gameplay only (which is still v skillful imo)

its something you won't notice if this is the fps you've grown up to play. i always felt it was funny and noticed sometimes my disc dont go where im aiming. also ppl who you would want to play the game to get a better understanding of it, like you are always saying mabel should play it, will discredit the game as feeling "janky" because of things like this.

as altimor said if you are used to really responsive quake and cs, why do you want to play and deal with something thats annoying and feels bad like tribes? you have no idea how autistic people are about mouse responsiveness when they've been playing with something good all along, just go look at the UT4 forums where they are complaining 24/7.

tho aimlag fix is only the tip of the iceberg and all the other stuff won't ever be fixed anyway so its not a big deal. the game will always feel like it does right now which is fine for ppl playing it right now, but don't expect many new players or maybe even old casual players who have moved on to games like cs to come back.

Back