Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfive View Post
he passed out by now
Eight hours of rage and drinking will do that most people

Zomnivore
Veteran4
Old
7 - 03-07-2021, 17:12
Exercise is good for low mood, and helps with depression, but I found that it only really helped my energy levels, it didn't stop me from feeling depressed after I quit medicine.

Stay positive and if you need help talk to a therapist or get yourself treated for depression. Its not something you gotta make a death sentence.

amRam
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
8 - 03-07-2021, 17:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanster View Post
Trying to run every day.
Trying to be a decent supe.

That's all I've got.
What about your drinking

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
9 - 03-07-2021, 17:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomnivore View Post
Exercise is good for low mood, and helps with depression, but I found that it only really helped my energy levels, it didn't stop me from feeling depressed after I quit medicine.

Stay positive and if you need help talk to a therapist or get yourself treated for depression. Its not something you gotta make a death sentence.
I don't know. For most men, they get cheated on and left, and they treat it like it's just a bad load of laundry. They pick up, shower, and get on with their lives. There is something wrong with me that I'm unable to do that. After Mary left the first time, Sertraline HCL 100mg, b/d worked for a few years but then it didn't, and I took myself off, with decent effect.

I look at Chris Cornell as a hero that went out on his own terms, but I don't have that kind of guts, I don't think. As far as running, at 55 I don't know if I have a sixth hundred miler in me, but an easy terrain one maybe. At the moment, it's just hour to hour.

Money Ma$e had correctly identified Mary and the person she is, and did warn me. He did the best he could, and I didn't listen. Meh.

Last edited by Vanster; 03-07-2021 at 17:26..
havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
10 - 03-07-2021, 17:32
Quote:
I don't know. For most men, they get cheated on and left, and they treat it like it's just a bad load of laundry. They pick up, shower, and get on with their lives. There is something wrong with me that I'm unable to do that. After Mary left the first time, Sertraline HCL 100mg, b/d worked for a few years but then it didn't, and I took myself off, with decent effect.

I look at Chris Cornell as a hero that went out on his own terms, but I don't have that kind of guts, I don't think. As far as running, at 55 I don't know if I have a sixth hundred miler in me, but an easy terrain one maybe. At the moment, it's just hour to hour.

Money Ma$e had correctly identified Mary and the person she is, and did warn me. He did the best he could, and I didn't listen. Meh.
Be honest, why do you think Mary cheated on you again?

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
11 - 03-07-2021, 17:37
The next guy? I really don't know.
What I didn't know is that this is going to be her 8th.

Enjoy this Havax. It's weird to me that a human could take such delight in another one being broken, but okay. enjoy it.

KittyCat
VeteranXX
Old
12 - 03-07-2021, 17:43
Dude **** Mary you are way too hung up on one women

You need a change of scenery or something to snap you out of this but as someone who likes you this is getting sad like one women shouldn't cause this type of mind games on a guy especially since this isn't the first time it's happened

Vanster
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
13 - 03-07-2021, 17:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post
Mason drilled and drilled this, multiple phone calls, et. cetera and I just didn't listen to him. Eph was more dismissive and indifferent, but said the same thing.

I suppose the takehome here is the toughlove friend I have in Naptown.

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
14 - 03-07-2021, 17:48
Quote:
Mason drilled and drilled this, multiple phone calls, et. cetera and I just didn't listen to him. Eph was more dismissive and indifferent, but said the same thing.

I suppose the takehome here is the toughlove friend I have in Naptown.
yeah you ****ed up

naptown is definitely an alpha, and you are a beta cuck, so listen next time, noob.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
15 - 03-07-2021, 18:16
Quote:

My first wife cheated on me. She was supposed to be the one. You know what I mean? I had this overly romanticized view of how things were supposed to be. Men may be tough as nails when it comes to physical work etc but when it comes to losing someone we love? We feel it deep.

Anyway, I found myself having suicidal thoughts. Not that serious. But, I was at home by myself and the thought went through my head - "I could always use the Glock".

That thought rocked me. My brain recoiled in horror. I promised that very day that no one would eve hold that kind of power over my future ever again. That was around 30 years ago.

I went on to be better than ever before. met another woman, had a kid. We ended up getting divorced as well. (another story). But, we all get along. Kids are all healthy and happy. One of them is getting married this Spring. Another is an amazing gay, republican professional doing really well. The other is still enjoying being the youngest.

Some quick tips:
1) I know you are feeling older and not at the top of the game but RUN or walk outside. You don't have to be winning races and going 5000 miles. Just go outside and enjoy the air.
2) Get a new hobby that you are passionate about. Anything to keep your brain occupied. Maybe go back to school for something that you told yourself you would never do.
3) Time heals everything. At least most things
4) Remember that today can look dark but just one little thing like getting a puppy to raise gives you purpose. It's all chemical.
5) Focus on the good memories. Not the bad ones.
6) Try to avoid the drugs if you can. Use behavior instead. At least don't end up using them as a permanent crutch.
7) Don't dwell. Move forward.
8) Compartmentalize emotions. It is possible to function and process the baggage in chunks.
9) Consider a change of location, job, etc.
10) Have a sense of humor - do not underestimate the power of being able to look at yourself and get a laugh.

Anyway, slumps suck. You have a tough, resilient streak. Use it.

Sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch.

GL fellow TribalWarrior.

Le Sean
VeteranXV
Old
16 - 03-07-2021, 18:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyCat View Post

You need a change of scenery or something to snap you out of this but as someone who likes you this is getting sad like one women shouldn't cause this type of mind games on a guy especially since this isn't the first time it's happened
All of this.

samUwell
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
17 - 03-07-2021, 18:49
Quote:
I don't know. For most men, they get cheated on and left, and they treat it like it's just a bad load of laundry. They pick up, shower, and get on with their lives.
Read a book a while back about elite military contractors that can and do just about anything when it comes to killing other humans. These guys have seen the worst humanity has to offer but the author of the book dedicated a chapter to how relationships affected these men.

Same story told over and over, no matter which department of special operations or contractors, when the man is gone for months or years on end, the woman will seek attention elsewhere. These guys, when they find out, break down like little kids from this and many of them make the worst decision. They have seen some of the worst **** known to man and can move on and do their job with little hesitation but when their heart gets broken over infidelity, they crumble.

What you are feeling is normal. We should not have to feel this way, but relationships are brutal even to the strongest of us. There is a common misconception when it comes to men and emotions and how we are emotionless monsters when compared to women, but this is a load of crap. The idiotic emotional IQ test created to show how awesome women are, proves that men are just as emotional as women - we just don't wear them on our sleeves.

Time.

Plasmatic
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
18 - 03-07-2021, 19:13
PM me if you need to talk Levan

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
19 - 03-07-2021, 19:14
Think about those dudes doing the dirty work. Many of them justified it by telling themselves that it was all for the relationship back home. Soon, it would be over and they could get back to reality. Then, that little string snaps and bam. No getting back to normalcy. Tenuous moment.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
20 - 03-07-2021, 19:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmatic View Post
PM me if you need to talk Levan
You are a good man, Plaz.

Page 1 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Vanster, you ok buddy?