'polyamory' and idiots from tw who believe in it

i really hate to say it, but obibun echoes my thoughts on the matter:

Wraithed, what I think he means is that a sane, chemically balanced individual cannot have a working polyamorous relationship. We're not meant for it, genetically it's doomed to fail.

However there are plenty of fucked up people out there who probably have fantastic polyamorous relationships.

Wraithed, what I think he means is that a sane, chemically balanced individual cannot have a working polyamorous relationship. We're not meant for it, it's doomed to fail.

However there are plenty of fucked up people out there who probably have fantastic polyamorous relationships.

Again... the painting with a broad brush. So, now they are all insane as well?

You seriously believe that unless people think or behave the way you think they ought too that makes them insane?

Please note: I have not and will not give an opinion on this matter... as it is immaterial to my point.

I'm not trying to define what is 'sane' here, only saying that humans who are genetically (for the most part) correct and not fucked up in any sort of way.. you know, average humans.. have certain qualities and traits that will disallow them from being in successful polyamorous relationships.

Basically my definition of 'sane' is a human without any uncommon sicknesses/maladies/mental health issues.

It's a survival trait. We are made to be in monogamous relationships. As such, no matter how hard you try to get past the genetics, it will always leave a lurching feeling in your stomach.. or in your subconcious.. and those types of relationships are doomed to fail sooner or later with sane people.

Again... the painting with a broad brush. So, now they are all insane as well?

i have no problem absorbing a shit-ton of anecdotal information and forming an opinion based on it

every single relatively intelligent person i have ever met or talked to who has experience in a polyamorous relationship admits that it either didn't work at all or worked because of the crazy people involved. the only people defending such relationships were in one at the time and hadn't had their personal trainwreck yet.

so yeah, i firmly believe anyone in a "working polyamorous relationship" is either crazy or retarded.

and your analogy is fucking stupid. i'm not picking on people based on how they look. i'm picking on people based on their actions. how far off the mark can you be?

I'd wager that there are some swinging couples that are very happy in their choices and in their relationship with each other. (And have been for years)

and i'd wager that they're insane, retarded, or a bit of both.

i'd also suggest that you have no idea what happens in someone's relationship once the doors are closed.

i mean, gay people will stay married to a chick for years to keep up the facade that they're straight.

do you know better than me what happens once the doors are closed? Maybe this type of thing is a hell of a lot more common than you think, maybe even in some couples that you perceive now to have healthy, normal relationships.

You are incorrect when speaking in absolutes. That is all I am trying to say to you.

Try using the word some... or even most... then, and only then is your opinion valid.

"Cheating" behavior is noticeable in animals that mate for life. I've seen some funny footage of penguins and ducks involving that.

If it weren't for that fact that it was gigafool, I wouldn't understand the hate. Please continue though, we're getting a laugh from all your baseless assumptions about our personalities since you know nothing about us.

I am 5' 11" and 195lbs. So if that makes me fat, bring on the manatee gifs. Honestly, I've got about 15lbs to lose before I'll be happy with my weight, and I'm burning about 600 cals a workout, 3-4x a week.

You know gigs, I was going to talk some shit about you being insecure about your girlfriend leaving you, you being a control freak, blah blah blah but really I couldn't care less. If what you're doing works for you and makes you both happy, great. Sorry if that doesn't make for good TW drama but there's a reason I've been here since 02 and this is the first thread about me; I'm not an attention whore. :shrug:

Also, I'm sure people like Infinite are hotter than hot, but we are not accepting any applications right now. I'll let you know if the position becomes available. :sunny:

Spoiler

You are incorrect when speaking in absolutes. That is all I am trying to say to you.

Try using the word some... or even most... then, and only then is your opinion valid.

i get what you're trying to say

and i'm having none of it

you don't have to agree with my opinion or think it's valid for me to have it and share it with you all :)

I was going to talk some shit about you being insecure about your girlfriend leaving you, you being a control freak, blah blah blah but really I couldn't care less.

please?

i think i would really enjoy having you explain to me how the fact that my gf doesn't routinely get railed by black dudes i dont know makes me insecure or a control freak

btw afterimage according to BMI, 5'11" and 195 is overweight

so 1/2 the relationship is officially fat

let me know when you're ready to confirm that i'm 100% right by telling us how much ur gf weighs

not that i'm supporting Afterimage on this one (i mean, even if you DO want to enjoy an 'open' relationship of this kind, how fucking stupid do you have to be to post about it on TW? :sunny: ) but the BMI is bullshit

some article i read at work for a sociology & health journal was all about how the BMI charts were completley fucked and not at all realistic/relevant (OH YOU READ IT SO IT MUST BE TRUE...well, most of the stuff i end up randomly browsing through at work is written by serious eggheads and has been through a peer review process of more serious eggheads :roller: so i tend to believe most of it :shrug:)

p.s i'm not fat ;>

Back