looking at getting an apartment with a roommate

those saying "never get a roommate" are probably terrible at judging peoples' characters

roommates can be a good thing, especially since if you're renting a 1 room place, you'll pay more per month for less quality

had 4 roommates in a house for 3 years, 3 roommates for a summer in a large apartment (was on co-op didn't know any of them prior), and had 2 other roommates for 8 months in another apartment (again a co-op, never met them before we moved in). plus the time in the dorms at college

I was always nice and friendly, I pitched in and did my fair share around the common living areas and brought up problems if things got out of hand. My room was my place to hangout if I needed to get away, but I usually hung out with my roommates often. In my experience it's been much easier to work with people who get to know you (and you them) than it is if it's the guy who sits in his own room 8 hours a day, microwaves his easy mac, eats it in his room, comes out washes his dish, and goes back to his room.

Maybe everyone I've roomed with is likeminded enough and typically responsible enough to avoid major issues (I've had some roommate issues over the years, but nothing too serious).

those saying "never get a roommate" are probably terrible at judging peoples' characters

roommates can be a good thing, especially since if you're renting a 1 room place, you'll pay more per month for less quality

You never really know someone till you live with them.

I just can't bring myself to type it out.

Not only cuz it would probably take me an hour to get all the info out, but it would bring back horrible memories too.

It's a fucked up, fucked up, FUCKED UP story.

"Drama" on an epic scale.

(And no, numbnuts Juggernuts is wrong, doesnt have anything to do with scooby)

well if you've got 2 different incidents that have to do with roomies and drama...you might want to look for the cause...maybe something that is a constant between the two incidents....

don't room with good friends though, the little shit will get to you (i.e. eating all your food, leaving shit everywhere)

i'm living by myself because after 4 years with a roommate it's nice to have my own place, but i'm thinking of getting a much larger apartment and picking up a roommate in the fall since it saves on rent

Im assuming youre living with your parents now, so i also assume you dont spend much money on food. You should factor in at least 10-15 dollars per day for food and miscellaneous expenses that some with leaving away from home. So that at least another $300

i do but i pay them 130 a month in rent, and i buy all my own ammenities.

only thing i didn't pay was water/electricity.

well if you've got 2 different incidents that have to do with roomies and drama...you might want to look for the cause...maybe something that is a constant between the two incidents....

Ugh... Just shut up.

If you had half a clue about what you were saying it'd be worth reading, but since you don't have any clue at all, just do the world a favor and put a sock in it k tnx.

i have enough of a clue from the years of reading your dribble that you post here to know that most likely if there were any drama, it came from you. And no matter how small it is, you are such a huge drama queen that even something as minor as leaving a dish in the sink will end up being a life threatening issue

hey...while we're waiting for someone else to beg you to post your story so you can 'grudgingly' say ok and post it, why don't you set the forum on fire with a paragraph...

I'm summoning my strength to put this story together.

It's painful.

While you wait, feel free to go suck on an exhaust pipe or something equally productive.

Does anyone else get a good laugh out of the smug self satisfaction that Juggs' posts contain when he's "owning" someone?

Back