[~100 pics + story] My trip through South-America.

South America is no doubt beautiful.

But I wouldn't consider visiting it until my chances of being mugged and left for dead on the side of the road drop below 1%.

South America is no doubt beautiful.

But I wouldn't consider visiting it until my chances of being mugged and left for dead on the side of the road drop below 1%.
I can understand your concern, but I'm sure that your experience making friends over the internet could get you out of a jam.

Rio is pretty damn dangerous from what my girl tells me, other than that I have been told it's usually okay if you stay in groups.. don't rent a car etc.

I can understand your concern, but I'm sure that your experience making friends over the internet could get you out of a jam.

:rofl:

To be honest i've only had it one time that a bunch of pimps chased us with their knives and such, how the fuck could i know that we were in a whorejoint, i tried to kiss a girl and she was like 20 soles! So good ol' me tried to talk some sense into her that she should stop working as a prostitute (i WAS really wasted) and pimp squad didn't like it :D

Rio is pretty damn dangerous from what my girl tells me, other than that I have been told it's usually okay if you stay in groups.. don't rent a car etc.

Everyone in rio takes cabs to everywhere, the best areas to stay are Copacabana and Ipenema, but at night allways take cabs.. They even changed the regional laws in Sao Paulo (Brazil's biggest city) that you don't have to stop for a red stopping sign if there's no other traffic around (at night mostly) because of the loads of stick up for your car over there hehe..

yeah my GF flys back and forth to Sao Paulo every month (works offshore). Some interesting stories to be sure about people being in the wrong place at the right time.

Amazing pictures, looks like a hell of an adventure, relate any picking up foreign women stories if you have any

Amazing pictures, looks like a hell of an adventure, relate any picking up foreign women stories if you have any

Brazillian women were really hard to get into.. most of them don't speak a word english.. Bolivian women were butt ugly except for in Santa Cruz :) and to be honest i only had one british girl (haha yeah i know) in Peru and some Peruvian girl in a club over there but i was so fucking wasted and i don't even remember what she looked like :p. And later on i made out with a Peruvian girl on that houseparty in Lima.. that's pretty much it hehe.

that is a fucking amazing post you made man, looks like an unbelievable trip.

Out of curiousity, how much did it cost for you for the whole thing??? i'd love to do something like that some day

I wrote it down on page 2 somewhere ;) oh and that money includes buying a backpack, all the stuff around it and getting insurance done and such.

I wrote it down on page 2 somewhere ;) oh and that money includes buying a backpack, all the stuff around it and getting insurance done and such.

damn, how long were you gone for all together?? 5 months?

That's a hell of a vacation, I'm truly jealous (but in a good way)!

Back