Marweas still hasnt told us about getting fired

It's really not that controversial a story, but I won't waste my current employer's time writing it out. It's been long enough that I'm no longer bound by confidentiality, but I'm afraid there isn't much mud to sling.

Still, it might be interesting to some of you, since there seems to be a lot of confusion about how it all ended. I'm travelling for the next few days (Philly) so I may not get to it for a couple days. If people have specific questions I'll be happy to answer them.

BTW, neither Thrax, nor Menzo, nor Scr8pin were any sort of douchebags. They all loved Tribes for their own reasons, and all tried to help. Unfortunately only I knew how to speak Tribalwar, so you never quite understood that they were really really trying to help. Gish was also completely blameless and tried every chance he could. Not surprisingly the people most deserving of mockery you don't know. They don't have nicknames because they never played, never read TW, never cared. The demise of Tribes, and my job, and Thrax's job came about as a result of a completely unrelated power / political struggle. If you really want to hear about that, I'll see what I can remember.

i honestly would like to hear what other ideas and thoughts they had for the game, what features they considered including but didn't, which engines they thought about and which developers, etc

I don't really care about the back office politics of an office I don't know

has no one ever had a job with bosses that dont know shit tell you what to do

its not that fucking hard people

I've got questions.

Why was it that T:V turned out to be nothing like the "super MOD friendly game" that it was promoted as being for it's entire development? Was it due to VU's rushed timetable, IG's lack of experience in working with mod makers, something else?

Also, was the meat of the deal worked out between VU and IG actually for SWAT, and T:V was kind of thrown in by IG as a bonus to sweeten the deal and to act as a test bed for their UT engine development that they are now using for Bioshock?

Wouldn't it be cool if someone announced a new Tribes game?

That'd be cool as hell. And we could repeat the same cycle we've done three times now (for T:E, T2 and T:V) - telling the developers what we want, never agreeing on exactly what that is, and being disappointed in the end.

Sigh. Alex, thanks for doing what you did for T:V and the community. You clearly did your best and were thwarted by greedy powermongers.

Back