VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 11-28-2020, 22:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArakAtak View Post
lol @ weighted blankets

just go spend the weekend at Grandma's house

We always had the full sheet and two (or three) top blankets. Pure heavy wool, those things would almost smother you. We still had them at my in law's holiday place until we sold it off this year.
We still have all the blankets at home, 1960's made, 100% real Aussie sheep, damn things would probably cost a fortune now.

I always find them a bit hot and heavy, I'm used to a really light 100% goose down quilt. But you do sleep really well under those blankets, so there must be something in it.
u guys r weird. i sleep w a sheet and a fleece (microfiber) blanket otherwise i get 2 hot

Sponsored Links
Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 11-28-2020, 23:05
I built a latex bed (4 layers of 3" talalay latex, 12" total) that I've been pretty happy with over the years. I think the layers are extra soft, medium, firm, medium (in that order). I was able to build it for around $1200 by buying the layers direct from some factory in Arizona but I don't think they're around anymore (or at least not selling direct anymore).

I just bought 2 mattresses to demo for the guest bedroom. They're designed more for side sleepers though (although you could try the Aurora in Firm which might work for stomach sleeping).

https://brooklynbedding.com/products...32592681893933

https://www.nolahmattress.com/produc...h-evolution-15

They were the most reasonable prices I could find for the features. I wanted to try a Purple mattress but their prices are a bit steep IMO.

beep boop
VeteranX
Old
23 - 11-29-2020, 00:44
sleeping number mattress remains a good mattress

beep boop
VeteranX
Old
24 - 11-29-2020, 00:45
no backackes and yes u can ****

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 11-29-2020, 00:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highfive View Post
u guys r weird. i sleep w a sheet and a fleece (microfiber) blanket otherwise i get 2 hot
we just have the sheet and a doona (duvet, quilt, whatever)

100% goose down is surprisingly light and cool in summer but can be toasty warm in winter, it works both ways

(if it was up to me I just have the quilt, sheets on top are too much hassle)

but in winter at the holiday place, the old school woollen blankets are No.1 when a storm is howling through

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 11-29-2020, 00:52
I had a solid coir (coconut fibre) mattress in China.

About 2" of solid coir and springs underneath. You could bounce a basketball on the thing. First few weeks you woke up literally black and blue and bruised. After a while you hardened up and it was really nice, no overheating, no sore back and a really good sleep.

**** was good for jiggy jig as well, you could prop yourself up and not be sinking everywhere, you could really get some purchase and lean into your work. Wouldn't fancy being on the bottom tho ....

beep boop
VeteranX
Old
27 - 11-29-2020, 00:59
sleep number is great cus its air...no bed bugs...u get a lil heat from topper. u choose the hardness tho. even after several years, it has been better than a certa. ive been in sev beds. certa can seem solid. but an air bed is ****

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
28 - 11-29-2020, 05:38
"The glass beads that are used to fill weighted blankets are also referred to as micro glass beads, as they are tiny, miniscule beads, and they resemble sugar crystals or white beach sand in look and feel. Glass beads are considered top quality, and the most luxurious and quiet filler when it comes to weighted blankets."

These are apparently quite cool, not gonna have 30lbs blanket made out of wool. that **** would be hot as hell.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 11-29-2020, 06:26
the thought of sleeping under micro glass beads is worrying

enjoy inhaling them into your lungs during the night

Denver
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 11-29-2020, 06:40
you wouldn't even notice.
don't you often fall a sleep with the anal beads still in your ass?

Mitchdubai
Pooptruck++
Old
31 - 11-29-2020, 06:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
My bad. I forgot Rayn has the thread retention set super low. Those threads probably still exist in the DB but they're no longer indexed so they can't be searched.

Carry on with your mattress thread.
Well that assplains why I can't find the post pics of yourself thread. Which was mostly pics of Tehvul so never mind.

beep boop
VeteranX
Old
32 - 11-29-2020, 09:58
**** ur ****ing bed

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
33 - 11-29-2020, 11:32
Have 2 expensive beds. Never sleep in them.

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
34 - 11-29-2020, 13:19
tehvul you should write an autobiography

u got a pretty weird life

LawnDart
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
35 - 11-29-2020, 13:47
I did a lot of research on foam mattresses and it boils down how you like your bed. I like mine medium firm so the top rated was the Amerisleep AS2 I believe.

Highfive
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
36 - 11-29-2020, 13:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnDart View Post
I did a lot of research on foam mattresses and it boils down how you like your bed. I like mine medium firm so the top rated was the Amerisleep AS2 I believe.
ya that looks pretty promising - do you need a box spring for those?

LawnDart
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
37 - 11-29-2020, 14:13
nope

edit - There are bed frames specifically made for foam mattresses. Make sure it is sturdy haha. I got one that looked nice however I got into a **** fest with this one chick and the damn thing collapsed.

Brasstax
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
38 - 11-29-2020, 14:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Well that assplains why I can't find the post pics of yourself thread. Which was mostly pics of Tehvul so never mind.
Simpleton.
Post the MOST RECENT [PIC(s)] of you 2 by Rayn - TribalWar Forums

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
39 - 11-30-2020, 13:59
Here are Consumer Reports scores.

The reviews are legit. They buy all the mattresses themselves and test them all by measuring spine alignment when people lay on them, among other things. That said, the cheap foam mattresses you can get on Amazon for a few 100 dollars have come a long way over the years and no longer sleep hot or smell weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMOw8F_qrlo

Bughead
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 11-30-2020, 18:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Here are Consumer Reports scores.

Those are all innerspring mattresses. What about hybrid (pocketed coil) or 100% foam?

Page 2 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Mattresses

Social Website Bullshit