Learning skills being removed

JoMo

Veteran XX
EVE Online | EVE Insider | Dev Blog

FURTHERMORE, as of a patch which should arrive on (or about) the 14th of December:

ALL LEARNING SKILLS WILL DISAPPEAR
We're not kidding. In your head, in your hangar or in your anything else, they're gone. Vamoosh. Deleted. Sent to the big recycle bin in the sky. Etc etc.

All skillpoints invested in learning skills will be reimbursed, including all the fiddly corner cases. If you have 2,012,692 SP in learning, you will find yourself down those skills, but with 2,012,692 skillpoints to redistribute.

All skillbooks not currently injected into people's heads will be reimbursed at the old NPC sell price. The money will go to whichever character or corporation owns the container that the skillbooks are in. For example, things in cans you've anchored for yourself will be reimbursed to you, things in corporate hangar arrays or the "deliveries" bin will be reimbursed to the owning corporation.

This will also involve cancelling any and all market orders containing these skills. Contracts containing learning skills will have those skillbooks substituted for copies of the Pax Amarria.

All new and existing characters will have an extra 12 base points (ie, non-remappable) in each attribute.

The 100% training speed bonus up to 1.6m SP will no longer be available. People partway through this bonus will lose the remaining bonus amount. They will of course gain a huge attribute bonus to make up for it.

Miscellaneous other cleanup tasks will be performed that are not very interesting, details available on request.

yeah uh, i have a ridiculous amount of learning skills

i will be able to fly like 20 new ships the day this shit comes out

I'm putting in the learning skill I'm best spec'd for, so when the change happens I'll have more SP to put towards my skill plan than if I had just trained the plan itself

Fuck yeah.

Back