Reload this Page New good metal bands?
Page 3 of 4
The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
41 - 05-26-2019, 09:41
Here's my pick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P94y8NKhruw

I know I know, calm down, I have great taste...

Sponsored Links
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
42 - 05-27-2019, 09:49
I haven't seen anything new lately but I did get to see mastodon and clutch both twice in the past year or so. Awesome

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 05-28-2019, 17:41
i these threads, adds to my to-torrent list

with that said, anyone have invites to a music torrent? ipt is fine for the mainstream ****... otherwise waffles/apollo are gg

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
44 - 05-28-2019, 17:45
How about, you know... buy some music, a t-shirt, a patch, something?

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
45 - 05-28-2019, 20:08
i donated to iptorrents, does that count?

Alvarez
VeteranXX
Old
46 - 05-28-2019, 22:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
i these threads, adds to my to-torrent list

with that said, anyone have invites to a music torrent? ipt is fine for the mainstream ****... otherwise waffles/apollo are gg
I was sad when waffles closed and there was this super huge torrent site I got an invite to and was there like a month or so and it closed down. The name is escaping me but it had EVERYTHING.

Bodom
VeteranXX
Old
47 - 05-29-2019, 08:56
i know you all prob want your lossless files and flacs and whatnot but Spotify is basically a metal haven. it has so much stuff. the daily playlist feature is really awesome. it curates a list based on what you've been listening to and improves it based on what you give athumbs up too.

you can also create a playlist of your fav songs and then have spotify start a pandora-esque radio station based on that. totally worth the premium price in my mind.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
48 - 05-29-2019, 16:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
I was sad when waffles closed and there was this super huge torrent site I got an invite to and was there like a month or so and it closed down. The name is escaping me but it had EVERYTHING.
well apollo was the successor to waffles. which closed down soon after.

makes me wonder how some sites go down so fast while others stay up forever. guess they just know where to host themselves... like some offshore/russia/watever. apparently piratebay was hosted from some oil rig for a while lol

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 05-29-2019, 16:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
i know you all prob want your lossless files and flacs and whatnot but Spotify is basically a metal haven. it has so much stuff. the daily playlist feature is really awesome. it curates a list based on what you've been listening to and improves it based on what you give athumbs up too.

you can also create a playlist of your fav songs and then have spotify start a pandora-esque radio station based on that. totally worth the premium price in my mind.

or i can just torrent a fat wad of all metal made this year. the only feature these sites have that id like is that pandora recommender, but that sort of thing should be possible soon (if not already) through a personal AI setup anyway.
and flac matters when you have good cans/speakers like
beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO | Reviews | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org
which make my ears jizz

Last edited by HaPpY; 05-29-2019 at 18:19..
HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
50 - 05-29-2019, 22:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowl of blood View Post
this is every bit as metal as meat loaf
i call that disney metal

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
51 - 06-03-2019, 19:13
Meh, 2016 is still newish.

This album will probably be banned soon, for being way too ****ing awesome, so listen while you can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJyEuV7Alds

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
52 - 06-04-2019, 06:16
oomph! > *

also, whats the appeal of screamer metal. half the **** listed here just sounds like some dood burping at high frequency lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--Dxk81fUUU

Bodom
VeteranXX
Old
53 - 06-04-2019, 07:20
voice is another tuned instrument. it just works with the right music but it can take time to adjust to (except screamo metal). not everyone wants to listen to clean singing.

you're awfully *****y about your music for someone who has only posted folk metal Flogging Molly, Nightwish-but-pirates, and an industrial rock band.

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
54 - 06-04-2019, 18:27
ya ofc, but in screamo metal they always sound the same... if the argument is thats a human instrument, then its analogous to hitting the same key/string/etc over and over... or more precisely scratching a chackboard with a nail

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
55 - 06-05-2019, 03:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
ya ofc, but in screamo metal they always sound the same... if the argument is thats a human instrument, then its analogous to hitting the same key/string/etc over and over... or more precisely scratching a chackboard with a nail
Screamo != Metal

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
56 - 06-05-2019, 06:21
ya north euros seem to have metal figured out, the rest not so much

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
57 - 06-05-2019, 14:05
i haven't heard anything in this thread that isn't exactly slayer, death, iron maiden, or meat loaf. you know why metalheads love "subgenres" so much? it's an excuse to play covers and say no uh we're just a norse sludge historical power metal band. still no evidence metal isn't dead.

Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
58 - 06-05-2019, 14:27
You're choosing not to hear anything else despite ample examples and resources being provided by several other folks. Eagle's original request has been answered already. Consider starting another thread if you want help fixing your narrow-minded perspective.

Bodom
VeteranXX
Old
59 - 06-05-2019, 14:43
then go visit metalsucks, metal-archives or any of the other sites that list new/recent metal and see what genres suit your fancy. then search youtube or spotify to listen to them. or shut the **** up. the last one is probably the best option.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
60 - 06-05-2019, 15:00
i'm just sayin it's surprising to me that you guys like cover bands so much and i wouldn't trust anyone with such poor taste, especially not anyone so sensitive about what music they like

Page 3 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page New good metal bands?

Social Website Bullshit