[SO] The government is shut down... by SL83 - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SO] The government is shut down...
Page 2 of 83
Ares
VeteranXX
Old
21 - 10-01-2013, 00:53

Sponsored Links
Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
22 - 10-01-2013, 00:53
I'm mulling over gathering signatures for a ballot initiative that would make AZ's representatives and senators ineligible for reelection if there's a govt shutdown ever again after this bull****.

Last edited by Swensonator; 10-01-2013 at 00:57..
Odio
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 10-01-2013, 00:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
What's ****ed up is that essential employees still have to report..........and won't get paid for it. Historically, once the government opens back up, they will get back pay...but no guarantee.

The health care act is good. I know tons of people that were denied insurance....even with no pre existing conditions! This should fix that. The only people that are against this are those that stand to lose something - and those companies are ver well funded - they are the ones that have been bank rolling all the negative campaigns. We are the only civilized country without a decent health plan. 1/5 of Americans can't afford health insurance.
Stick to video game threads. You're out of your element here.

Meat
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 10-01-2013, 00:59
The reps were sent there to attempt to FORCE change. Now people are mad that the reps kept their word regardless of outcome. I'm not saying change happened, but they have done what they were sent there to do. I do not believe any of the tea party reps are there to try and get reelected, they are there in hopes people will realize how grossly huge and overwhelming the US government has become. How can anyone back this government in its current iteration with **** like the NSA going on? I wouldn't want to fund it either.

terrorists
bombs
airplane
Allah
etc...

Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
25 - 10-01-2013, 01:03
The teabagger assclowns have decided to hold the american govt, and by extension our entire economy hostage in order to get their way because they cannot compromise or face the fact that they don't have the votes needed to pass everything they want.

Every single congressman at this point deserves to be fired.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
26 - 10-01-2013, 01:07
I'd call a 1 year delay a compromise to not funding it. Hell, it even had some Democrats supporting the idea since it isn't ready yet.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
27 - 10-01-2013, 01:07
I reloaded and the marketplace is open now. GET YOUR FREE HEALTHCARE!

https://www.healthcare.gov/

Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
28 - 10-01-2013, 01:08
And moderate republicans were willing to vote to fund the govt without touching the healthcare act. Your point?

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
29 - 10-01-2013, 01:09
wtf is this ****, I have to sign up before I look at prices....

Meat
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 10-01-2013, 01:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swensonator View Post
The teabagger assclowns have decided to hold the american govt, and by extension our entire economy hostage in order to get their way because they cannot compromise or face the fact that they don't have the votes needed to pass everything they want.

Every single congressman at this point deserves to be fired.
teabagger
hostage
compromise

hmmm....

Just because you have the power to do something, doesn't mean you should. They are refusing to increase the debt ceiling, when they have compromised on increasing it until this point. I fail to see what you are saying.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
31 - 10-01-2013, 01:09
Quote:
And moderate republicans were willing to vote to fund the govt without touching the healthcare act. Your point?
Moderate Republicans are Democrats. Sellouts. No difference between the two.

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 10-01-2013, 01:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
I'd call a 1 year delay a compromise to not funding it. Hell, it even had some Democrats supporting the idea since it isn't ready yet.
No. It is Tea Party obstructionism, plain and simple. The inclusion of the "conscience clause" illustrated that the far right had no plans for actually trying to get the bill past Congress.

They should shut down the federal air traffic controllers to really grab people's attention. The last time the Republicans used this tactic it ended up hurting them in the next election; let's hope for a similar scenario.

Meat
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 10-01-2013, 01:10
Moderates are nothing at all. They are basically nihilists.

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
34 - 10-01-2013, 01:12
why in the **** would dems delay it?

so republicans can try to repeal it forty more times before it's enacted?

defending the GOP's actions in this case is simply laughable. stfu already. you lost.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
35 - 10-01-2013, 01:12
No moneyz.

The Democratic National Committee is nearly broke - The Term Sheet: Fortune's deals blogTerm Sheet

Swensonator
VeteranX
Old
36 - 10-01-2013, 01:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Moderate Republicans are Democrats. Sellouts. No difference between the two.
The right can keep moving further and further right and refuse to work with anyone else all it wants. All it's doing is using an ever larger dildo to **** itself in the ass. It's a certainty at this point that they're going to lose seats in the next election.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
37 - 10-01-2013, 01:16
Quote:
The right can keep moving further and further right and refuse to work with anyone else all it wants. All it's doing is using an ever larger dildo to **** itself in the ass. It's a certainty at this point that they're going to lose seats in the next election.
I don't know about that. They were supposed to be 'dead' after 2008.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
38 - 10-01-2013, 01:17
Seriously, why must I sign up on the healthcare website if I just want to check prices? What kind of BS is that? What if I'm already insured? Not only that but they spam your email too, wtf kind of **** is this?

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
39 - 10-01-2013, 01:17
The majority of the people do not want obamacare. It is an abortion of a system the way it is now. I do not see any harm in a delay.

(SF) DirtyRatFink
Veteran4
Old
40 - 10-01-2013, 01:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan O'Brien
Our government may be shutting down in a few hours. So, folks, get ready for absolutely no noticeable difference.

Page 2 of 83

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SO] The government is shut down...

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ass mode , captain taxleach , circle jerk , dealytard bitch tits , gubment took my gubment , icfire child rapist , icfire convicted pedophile , icfire is a chester , icfire touches kids , icpedo , lady liberty got raped. , moar bacon bitchtits , they took my govt