[SO] The government is shut down... by SL83 - Page 11 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SO] The government is shut down...
Page 11 of 83
SmallKiwi
VeteranXV
Old
201 - 10-01-2013, 14:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyzx View Post
Funny you should mention that. I can switch RIGHT NOW (well, in 15 days) and I'd actually go down in costs, and I keep vision/dental (although braces won't be covered anymore), except those rates will only run till 12/31/2013.

Can't generate a personal quote for 2014.
Then what are you waiting for?

Sponsored Links
Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
202 - 10-01-2013, 14:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightTrain View Post
I do see your point but the CR that only repealed the medical device tax (a change almost everyone agrees with) should have been accepted by the Senate and none of this would have happened.
negative

Phyzx
VeteranXX
Old
203 - 10-01-2013, 15:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallKiwi View Post
Then what are you waiting for?
Doesn't make any sense to switch for a whole 30 days (I'm paid through Nov.) only to find out what 2014 looks like with no alternatives. All 4 kids also have dental appointments before the year is up, and 2 of them have retainers/braces.

NightTrain
VeteranXX
Old
204 - 10-01-2013, 15:06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggi View Post
negative
Well that's quite compelling I must admit.

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
205 - 10-01-2013, 15:10
Where the G.O.P.'s Suicide Caucus Lives : The New Yorker

^^^ lol

someone remind me to bump this thread when mid-term elections come up next year

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
206 - 10-01-2013, 15:11
ok

eggi, remember to bump this thread at mid-term elections next year

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
207 - 10-01-2013, 15:13
thx

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
208 - 10-01-2013, 15:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
you're an idiot if you think obamacare increases premiums by that much.

fact: Obamacare will increase premiums 2-4% due to the 3 new taxes on insurance carriers. anything more than that is insurance carriers trying to use the ACA to sneak a higher rate increase.
So, anyone wonder what it looks like when your premiums only go up 2-4%?

(stolen from another forum)

"Negligible" increase in premiums (equivalent to typical market increase), double or triple increase in deductibles, co-payments, prescriptions, and out-of-pocket expenses. And this is a "Bronze" plan under Obamacare -- the cheapest available.

Welcome to the Unaffordable Care Act. You ****ing idiots...

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
209 - 10-01-2013, 15:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyzx View Post
Doesn't make any sense to switch for a whole 30 days (I'm paid through Nov.) only to find out what 2014 looks like with no alternatives. All 4 kids also have dental appointments before the year is up, and 2 of them have retainers/braces.
And what were your options before? Your cobra is running out so without the exchange you'd have to pay out of pocket anyways...

Have you figured out what your tax credit is?

Fonzie
VeteranXV
Old
210 - 10-01-2013, 15:36
My 2014 increase will be 9%.

I wish it was 2%.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
211 - 10-01-2013, 15:37

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
212 - 10-01-2013, 15:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
So, anyone wonder what it looks like when your premiums only go up 2-4%?

(stolen from another forum)

"Negligible" increase in premiums (equivalent to typical market increase), double or triple increase in deductibles, co-payments, prescriptions, and out-of-pocket expenses. And this is a "Bronze" plan under Obamacare -- the cheapest available.

Welcome to the Unaffordable Care Act. You ****ing idiots...
Did you read the part where the discontinuation was because it didn't mean the minimum required levels of insurance?

So basically the insurance before was ****ing ****ty and didn't even meet the basic baseline layed out by the government for what qualifies as insurance, hence it being so ****ing cheap.

Your argument speaks to the absurdity of the previous system, not the problems of the new one. That absurdity being that health insurance was becoming so expensive that these bull**** awful coverage plans were created to bring people into the system at a level they could afford, when in reality they had ****ty insurance should anything significant happen.

They were the equivalent of title loan companies.

KillerONE
VeteranX
Old
213 - 10-01-2013, 15:46
I don't follow ANY of this, so this could be an ignorant statement.

Based on the few things I have read and overheard, the intention of the ACA is to bring the cost of healthcare down by forcing everyone to have insurance. More people having to get insurance, more competition, lower prices.

I imagine, it might take a few years to implement and see the effects. Along with preventative coverage that is provided for free (no co-pays), costs will gradually decline.

Arguably if people are getting more preventative care, it's possible we'll see healthier people, needing to go to the doctor less often.

It's all speculation and who knows for sure. But don't we need to try "something"? How can we fix anything if we don't change it. We could complain about healthcare for 20 more years or try to do something about it.

If this doesn't work, we can try something different. People are so opposed to the process of change, they can't see passed their own fear of trying something different. If people worked together to try and make something work, I think we'd be amazed to find how much better our lives could be.

Really wish we'd all stop this head in the sand **** when it comes to differing ideas.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
214 - 10-01-2013, 15:48
law of large numbers bro
spread the risk as much as possible to keep rates as low as possible for xyz

insurance 101

Breyer
VeteranX
Old
215 - 10-01-2013, 15:51
I think it is a misconception that the intent is for costs to decline

Rather the intent is for them to accelerate less rapidly

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
216 - 10-01-2013, 15:55
What is the ACA?

hurrrrp

"Cheap/Free aka Affordable GOOD insurance for the American people! Insurances aren't allowed to deny a person for a pre-existing condition! Etc!"

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
217 - 10-01-2013, 15:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyer View Post
I think it is a misconception that the intent is for costs to decline

Rather the intent is for them to accelerate less rapidly
and for people that couldn't obtain affordable insurance to no longer have the problem; ie: preexisting conditions and such.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
218 - 10-01-2013, 15:57
Oh ****, not this guy again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
Did you read the part where the discontinuation was because it didn't mean the minimum required levels of insurance?

So basically the insurance before was ****ing ****ty and didn't even meet the basic baseline layed out by the government for what qualifies as insurance, hence it being so ****ing cheap.
Bzzzzzzzzzzt. Wrong.

1. This plan was perfect for the insured. He liked it and was promised by King Obama himself that he'd be allowed to keep it. So much for that, right?

2. Obamacare sets ridiculous standards that ALL PROVIDERS are struggling to meet. The government requires **** that many people DON'T NEED in order for a plan to qualify under the new law. It's not ****ty insurance, it's ****ty requirements that don't make even the most basic sense for regular people.

And yes, I read it, you ****ing ass.

Quote:
Your argument speaks to the absurdity of the previous system, not the problems of the new one. That absurdity being that health insurance was becoming so expensive that these bull**** awful coverage plans were created to bring people into the system at a level they could afford, when in reality they had ****ty insurance should anything significant happen.

They were the equivalent of title loan companies.
See above. Your argument is invalid. Get bent.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
219 - 10-01-2013, 15:58
But Data... you can like get.... free birth control now... and like... mammograms and stuff that's important to you...

Eggi
VeteranXX
Old
220 - 10-01-2013, 15:58
to be fair, that pic data posted does indicate that the new insurance plan for that person ****ing sucks in normal usage circumstances. $5K deductible AND they have to pay $500/mo? And $60/office visit if they go more than 3 times? ****, even $1.5K deductible sucks ass if you are already paying $500/mo. Even after they meet their deductible, that plan kind of sucks.

i'd like to know the backstory on that, maybe he had some fancy plan subsidized by his company that his company was no longer going to support.

Last edited by Eggi; 10-01-2013 at 16:00..
Page 11 of 83

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SO] The government is shut down...

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ass mode , captain taxleach , circle jerk , dealytard bitch tits , gubment took my gubment , icfire child rapist , icfire convicted pedophile , icfire is a chester , icfire touches kids , icpedo , lady liberty got raped. , moar bacon bitchtits , they took my govt