[SO] The government is shut down... by SL83 - Page 10 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SO] The government is shut down...
Page 10 of 83
SL83
VeteranXV
Old
181 - 10-01-2013, 13:43
Hey guys you know they soak those baby cut carrots in chlorine?!

Sponsored Links
Phyzx
VeteranXX
Old
182 - 10-01-2013, 13:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHatSam View Post
That sucks, but there were similar anecdotes trotted out about why we needed Obamacare in the first place. Again your situation doesn't sound like something that wasn't happening prior to the ACA, and I was curious if people had more thorough explanations of how the ACA is the direct cause of the current rise in insurance costs over the cost increases that were occurring prior to the passing of the ACA.
I have no idea, just offering up a personal glimpse of what its doing to my family. Right now, its an 8% increase over what I was paying, and in-line with previous medical increases, but then again, I haven't figured out how much vision/dental is going to cost me to get to a final number. I'm guessing I'll probably be more like a 20-25% jump (this year).

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
183 - 10-01-2013, 13:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detox.enD View Post
You think the DJIA is an accurate measurement of how the economy is doing?

more specifically...

You think a 4 hour performance of the DJIA is an accurate measurement of the impact government policies/behaviors have on the economy?

It's not having much impact. Now if you put Bernanke out there and he says "We're going to end the QE program immediately" watch the DJIA drop like a rock. The last few times that it was suggested that the fed would taper the QE, the DJIA dropped very quickly only to recover when he said it was going to continue. yay we love play money!

SmallKiwi
VeteranXV
Old
184 - 10-01-2013, 13:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyzx View Post
I am paying $1458 for 80/20 right now, with vision and dental included.

Under Obamacare (when Cobra runs out) I will be paying $1500/yr more, have a higher out-of-pocket expense per person, and lose vision/dental. Oh, and Medicare tax goes up. I also lose our current doctors from my understanding.
Do you actually believe that w/o Obamacare that your health insurance would not go up after cobra run outs? You can't be that stupid.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
185 - 10-01-2013, 13:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICFire View Post
...and yet there are plenty of people on the right who talk about it being free while paying over $1,000/year extra on their own premiums to pay for the uninsured.

I never figured how many them pay something was worse than them paying nothing...
I don't know what you are tying to say here?

Detox.enD
VeteranXV
Old
186 - 10-01-2013, 13:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
It's not having much impact. Now if you put Bernanke out there and he says "We're going to end the QE program immediately" watch the DJIA drop like a rock. The last few times that it was suggested that the fed would stop tapering, the DJIA dropped very quickly only to recover when he said it was going to continue. yay we love play money!
People that use the DJIA as a current indicator of the economy or changes in the DJIA as some sort of indicator of government policies are stupid and have no idea what they're talking about.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
187 - 10-01-2013, 13:57
you guys ever see the health plan senators get?

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
188 - 10-01-2013, 13:58
no, but i bet it really sucks b/c it's government health care

these people are old and we really need to do a better job of getting them decent health coverage

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
189 - 10-01-2013, 13:59
You know rates are set by insurance companies, not Obamacare? They also change depending on where you live.

Do you know why the republicans have paid for commercials to try to convince younger people not to participate?

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
190 - 10-01-2013, 14:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICFire View Post
You know rates are set by insurance companies, not Obamacare? They also change depending on where you live.

Do you know why the republicans have paid for commercials to try to convince younger people not to participate?
And the government has spent millions in tax money to try to convince people to participate? What's your point?

Hmmm:

IRS Watchdog: $67M Missing from Obamacare Slush Fund - Fox Nation

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
191 - 10-01-2013, 14:02
Government is well behind the spending curve on this.

ScooBySnaCk
Tribalwar Staff
Contributor
Old
192 - 10-01-2013, 14:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnTSxONpO4o

Phyzx
VeteranXX
Old
193 - 10-01-2013, 14:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallKiwi View Post
Do you actually believe that w/o Obamacare that your health insurance would not go up after cobra run outs? You can't be that stupid.
Funny you should mention that. I can switch RIGHT NOW (well, in 15 days) and I'd actually go down in costs, and I keep vision/dental (although braces won't be covered anymore), except those rates will only run till 12/31/2013.

Can't generate a personal quote for 2014.

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
194 - 10-01-2013, 14:14
Hour 14 after the government shutdown.

Food is running scarce. There are bodies in the streets. The survivors are scavenging the remains... I don't know how much longer we can go on like this.........

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
195 - 10-01-2013, 14:17
do i get some kind of rebate since the government is shutdown
i mean i shouldn't have to pay for it
comcast would give me a free month

Fonzie
VeteranXV
Old
196 - 10-01-2013, 14:22
i need to find a job where i get paid $200k, can have a 10% approval rating from my peers, and when my company cant figure something out, we shut down and still get paid

Firerizer
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
197 - 10-01-2013, 14:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
do i get some kind of rebate since the government is shutdown
i mean i shouldn't have to pay for it
comcast would give me a free month
I like this!

JoMo
VeteranXV
Immigrant
Old
198 - 10-01-2013, 14:25
ANARCHY!

Veterans break past World War II Memorial barricade ***8211; CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
199 - 10-01-2013, 14:27
Remember when Obama promised everyone would get to keep their old insurance plans if they wanted under the new law?

Putrid
VeteranX
Old
200 - 10-01-2013, 14:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMo View Post
Hour 14 after the government shutdown.

Food is running scarce. There are bodies in the streets. The survivors are scavenging the remains... I don't know how much longer we can go on like this.........

I stocked up yesterday, just in case...

others joined me already in solidarity.

Hey you political heads... by Putrid - TribalWar Forums

I hope it's not too late for some of you.

Page 10 of 83

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [SO] The government is shut down...

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ass mode , captain taxleach , circle jerk , dealytard bitch tits , gubment took my gubment , icfire child rapist , icfire convicted pedophile , icfire is a chester , icfire touches kids , icpedo , lady liberty got raped. , moar bacon bitchtits , they took my govt