Death Punch Studios filling positions. by leeleatherwood - Page 15 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Death Punch Studios filling positions.
Page 15 of 26
NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
281 - 05-23-2011, 15:36
To Lee: Skiing is nice - but far from perfect ( don't take this the wrong way ). One thing I noticed is that if you're on a hill / steep hill, hit jump, you won't fall, or initiate the 'skiing' state - you just jump.

It also seems like there's no directional input as far as carving / skiing goes. It's almost as if you just flag a frictionless state - with minor mouse directional input. Can't really explain it.

There's also something funky going on with momentum gain/loss. The physics themselves don't feel loose enough - kinda like T2 jello ;( .

Sponsored Links
NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
282 - 05-23-2011, 15:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewSpitt View Post
How was T:V not apart of the Tribes IP or are you saying that it didn't feel Tribes-like? Is that what you're getting at, because if that is the case then you're arguing apples and oranges.

Just saying that a game can be made with Tribes characteristics - but not qualify as Tribes. It used the Tribes IP, obviously, but would you classify it as a Tribes game if it had a completely different model set, different weapons, etc., the whole gamut? Similar, yes, Tribes, no.

I see the placeholders and that's what I'm talking about. All it takes is one forgotten "place holder" to have a case. Please tell me I'm wrong...please, please tell me I'm wrong.

In the future, is it okay if he asks for your advice on whether or not any of his in-game entities are 'too' similar to Tribes? I'm sure he would appreciate one of the few useful qualities you seem to exhibit.

Which one of these projects have made a profit or have even tried to make a profit? Dum****.

None. I guess that changes the fact that those projects used place-holders and crappy art/models.

leeleatherwood
Veteran³
Old
283 - 05-23-2011, 15:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFiX View Post
To Lee: Skiing is nice - but far from perfect ( don't take this the wrong way ). One thing I noticed is that if you're on a hill / steep hill, hit jump, you won't fall, or initiate the 'skiing' state - you just jump.

It also seems like there's no directional input as far as carving / skiing goes. It's almost as if you just flag a frictionless state - with minor mouse directional input. Can't really explain it.

There's also something funky going on with momentum gain/loss. The physics themselves don't feel loose enough - kinda like T2 jello ;( .
yeah i disabled jumping above a certain speed to work on JUST the skiing part. I also set the movement force to 1/3 of its normal value when skiing. Maybe i should raise it.

The jumping off a hill thing is a glitch, it will get fixed i just working on the really important parts first.

Too easy on the momentum gain/loss, i will just increase the gravity a tad. Ive already increased it but i can increase it more.

The problem i have is that I cant get T1 to run on my computer, i cannot click on any of buttons in the main menu, thus cant play. I will spend some time to get it working soon enough.

I will put out a patch soon.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
284 - 05-23-2011, 15:55
This forum really is the ****ing fag drop off centre.

None of these assholes are IP lawyers or have any real experience in anything; stop coming here! It's just full of mouth-breather and arm-chair "whatever they feel like being an expert in at the time due to wikipedia and an article they read on reddit" idiots.

Vid looked nice, still seems to have too much drag on the actual body :s

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
285 - 05-23-2011, 16:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewSpitt View Post
I don't know what specifics are in the Tribes IP
Well it certainly isn't ****ing skiing or jetpacks, that's for sure. Most of it would be the about the universe, lore, names, that sort of thing, not goddamn gameplay mechanics.

AnubiS
VeteranXV
Old
286 - 05-23-2011, 17:03
who's this ****ing idiot?

Any update ?

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
287 - 05-23-2011, 17:48
if its patented you can not use the idea
if its trademarked you can not use the name
if its copyrighted you can not duplicate it

tribes is not patented
tribes is trademarked
tribes is copyrighted (which means: source code, art, sound, etc AKA intellectual property)

skiing, jetpacks, etc are all ideas

Last edited by HaPpY; 05-23-2011 at 19:07..
fant-
VeteranXX
Old
288 - 05-23-2011, 18:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joemomma5000 View Post
This forum really is the ****ing fag drop off centre.

None of these assholes are IP lawyers or have any real experience in anything; stop coming here! It's just full of mouth-breather and arm-chair "whatever they feel like being an expert in at the time due to wikipedia and an article they read on reddit" idiots.

Vid looked nice, still seems to have too much drag on the actual body :s
jm5k i actually had the temptation to do this a long time ago, but i held back then, but i'm not going to hold back now: please stop posting

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
289 - 05-23-2011, 19:00
so many raging nerds on this forum

fant-
VeteranXX
Old
290 - 05-23-2011, 19:13
umad copa

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
291 - 05-23-2011, 19:21
imad4good

umad4bad kid

fant-
VeteranXX
Old
292 - 05-23-2011, 19:33
no u

hyung
VeteranXX
Old
293 - 05-23-2011, 19:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by leeleatherwood View Post
yeah i disabled jumping above a certain speed to work on JUST the skiing part. I also set the movement force to 1/3 of its normal value when skiing. Maybe i should raise it.

The jumping off a hill thing is a glitch, it will get fixed i just working on the really important parts first.

Too easy on the momentum gain/loss, i will just increase the gravity a tad. Ive already increased it but i can increase it more.

The problem i have is that I cant get T1 to run on my computer, i cannot click on any of buttons in the main menu, thus cant play. I will spend some time to get it working soon enough.

I will put out a patch soon.
you need either nofix's vista mouse fix or use 1.40

leeleatherwood
Veteran³
Old
294 - 05-23-2011, 19:56
1.4 sp1 did the trick.

NoFiX
VeteranXV
Old
295 - 05-23-2011, 19:57
Just use 1.40 man. Not hard to find it.

Tribes 1.40.655 Download and Service Pack 1 by Plasmatic - TribalWar Forums

leeleatherwood
Veteran³
Old
296 - 05-23-2011, 20:07
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFiX View Post
Just use 1.40 man. Not hard to find it.

Tribes 1.40.655 Download and Service Pack 1 by Plasmatic - TribalWar Forums
yeah, i really wanted to use my old tribes config.

Shopper47
VeteranX
Old
297 - 05-23-2011, 21:57
Quote:
Originally Posted by fant- View Post
jm5k i actually had the temptation to do this a long time ago, but i held back then, but i'm not going to hold back now: please stop posting
Hey fant feel free to post your credentials on having any opinion here

I actually like seeing something productive happen and I know this site is not the place to go for anything other than a 5% over-all beta test. Watching people give ridiculous opinions as if they have any clue what they are talking about only kills initiative and creativity; plus this site (especially TT) exists largely only to ****ing murder anything that comes near it.

fant-
VeteranXX
Old
298 - 05-23-2011, 23:16
umad jm5k

[email protected]
VeteranX
Old
299 - 05-24-2011, 01:41
lol ya jm5k seem mad

hemad but he right

so many raging nerds here

HaPpY
VeteranXX
Old
300 - 05-24-2011, 02:43

Page 15 of 26

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Death Punch Studios filling positions.

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
odio is a child rapist , odio is a fucking retard , sticky thread