Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [QuakeWars] Enemy Territory
Page 3 of 9
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
41 - 06-05-2008, 01:36
Yeah, the friended thing is kind of cool. Anyone going to play further tonight? I may stay up for a bit if you guys are.

Sponsored Links
dev
VeteranXX
Old
42 - 06-05-2008, 03:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishStix View Post
Would you rather insane amounts of artillery spam? :P
A lot of the clans that play down here have a defensive strategy centered on contesting the forward spawn, slipgate being the classic example. So while they're camping the GDF forward spawn, I help out the covert ops by clearing APTs and slipgate defenders. Admittedly most GDF players like to deathmatch around that spawn spot. I dunno why, but I came back after a break and found the servers crawling with newbs.

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
43 - 06-05-2008, 14:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by dev View Post
A lot of the clans that play down here have a defensive strategy centered on contesting the forward spawn, slipgate being the classic example. So while they're camping the GDF forward spawn, I help out the covert ops by clearing APTs and slipgate defenders. Admittedly most GDF players like to deathmatch around that spawn spot. I dunno why, but I came back after a break and found the servers crawling with newbs.
AFAIK Slipgate isn't played on any leagues...

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
44 - 06-05-2008, 14:32
I love how even now devs seem to not realize with games like this the maps are what need attention after release. Make new, balanced maps or te game gets shelved in time. One thing that now pisses me off is there's no filter for reserved spot servers. Too many times I try to get into a 16/18, 20/24, 18/24 server and then saying it's full and waiting for a spot. I'd like to know if I see those numbers that means there are seats there and they're not VIP'd and force me to wait for someone to leave.

Last edited by Feannag; 06-05-2008 at 14:40..
antifreeze
VeteranX
Old
45 - 06-05-2008, 14:42
this thread sucks

-anti

Homerpf
VeteranXV
Old
46 - 06-05-2008, 14:50
Might be a good time to give the game another try. I always enjoyed the game, there were just too many things the devs or the community needed to fix. It's too bad the game was released like it was (I had more fun with etqw than most other games in a while).

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
47 - 06-05-2008, 14:54
I wonder how the persistent ranks work, or more specifically how to get them. Seems they intentionally leave you in the dark so people don't just do what's necessary to get them or grind/cheat to get them.

I'd like to get out of being a Conscript, that screams noob.

DELIVERANCE
VeteranXV
Old
48 - 06-05-2008, 15:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feannag View Post
I wonder how the persistent ranks work, or more specifically how to get them. Seems they intentionally leave you in the dark so people don't just do what's necessary to get them or grind/cheat to get them.

I'd like to get out of being a Conscript, that screams noob.
Get medals.

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
49 - 06-05-2008, 15:27
Homer, you'll like promod. A lot.

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
50 - 06-05-2008, 15:47
If anyone cares... 2 of the top North American teams are going at it tonight, live on ETQWTV and shoutcasted. Team hubris` vs. Team *FATE* going down at 10:30 EST. Details here: [EnemyTerritory.tv - Shoutcast/TV] CAL Week 5: *F8* vs. h` TONIGHT 10:30pm EST - Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Official Community Site

(I may or may not be playing for hubris tonight. If I get benched, I'll probably be shoutcasting )

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
51 - 06-05-2008, 23:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIVERANCE View Post
Get medals.
Yeah I see that now, I'm trying to stick to one class exclusively now to get at least one there. But that's a lot of **** though...

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
52 - 06-06-2008, 01:03
So for Pro Mod do all the servers run .55b now or should I get .5?

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
53 - 06-06-2008, 01:04
Everyone's upgraded to 0.55b. 0.6 is coming, but will be a while apparently.

DV
VeteranXV
Old
54 - 06-06-2008, 01:48
vanilla is still vanilla if you have promod installed right? or will i need 2 installs?

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 06-06-2008, 10:25
The flying vehicles are weird has hell to fly in this game. I've got a joystick working but it's still just odd.

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 06-06-2008, 18:22
Yeah, Vanilla is still the same if you install promod. When you try to join a promod server though, it will reset your game for the mod. To bypass this, create a shortcut and add +set fs_game etqwpro to the end of the extension. Its an annoying engine limitation, but you gotta do it unless you wanna restart every time you join a promod server.

Granite Gargoyle
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 06-06-2008, 19:58
Are there alot of people playing it? I've seen it pretty cheap and thought about picking it up. Don't want to waste the money if no one is playing it of course. I thought the demo was decent.

Who am I kidding, I need something to play. So will prolly pick it and Conan up, sometime soon.

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
58 - 06-06-2008, 22:24
FishStix plays all the time it seems. Lately I have been playing it quite a bit, and LouCypher is on a fair amount of the time as well.

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
59 - 06-06-2008, 22:38
I mean, the community is tiny compared to COD4 or the likes, but there are still 4-8 fully populated pub servers with good ping (NA) and many more with scrims / pickups / propubs etc. Of course a bigger community would be nice, but meh as long as I can play at any time of day who cares?

Lately I've been playing a bit more than usual, I usually pub for an hour or two every other day.

Feannag
VeteranXV
Old
60 - 06-06-2008, 23:14
I'll be gone until the 14th or so, but I usually play more often than now every night. I'm working on learning the maps, reading the HUD quickly, and playing specific classes (Usually Field Ops/Oppressor or Soldier/Aggressor).

Last edited by Feannag; 06-06-2008 at 23:43..
Page 3 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [QuakeWars] Enemy Territory

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , stab stab stab