Hook Ammo Poll by Thrax Panda - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Hook Ammo Poll
Page 8 of 9
View Poll Results: Are you for or against ammo for the Grappling Hook?
I am IN the beta and FOR ammo. 65 14.71%
I am IN the beta and AGAINST ammo. 68 15.38%
I am NOT IN the beta and FOR ammo. 138 31.22%
I am NOT IN the beta and AGAINST ammo. 149 33.71%
Me bad english? Unpossible! 22 4.98%
Voters: 442. You may not vote on this poll

Maniac
n3rd5
Old
141 - 08-11-2004, 00:35
Something needs to be done.. I just played a game on Cavern where at least 60% of the time there was a standoff with cappers just grappling around in endless circles, never touching the ground.

Sponsored Links
KickedOut
Unregistered
Old
142 - 08-11-2004, 02:46
Is this an actual problem on all the maps or just one?

Id have to say no ammo limit, I thin that over time people will adjust to this strat on this map, maybe mortoring the celing and getting a little splash dammage??

FishStix
VeteranXV
Old
143 - 08-11-2004, 03:09
im too late to vote

but my vote still goes against ammo, although im not in the beta

crazyfreakid
VeteranX
Old
144 - 08-11-2004, 03:12
question: can grapple lines be cut by weapons? that would solve heavy hanging from roof w/ mortar issue, just get a guy w/ sniper rifle and they're all dropping down.

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
145 - 08-11-2004, 05:27
Not yet. But this is my lobby. I say if the grapple line gets struck by one, yes one, disc, it breaks it. Whether it be the line, or the point of grapple. That would end this problem that the newbies have of killing grapplers.

On a side note, all you idiots who can't deal with grapplers as of now, learn to throw the hand nades, learn to use chain gun, and learn to o snipe since they gave ammo to the sniper rifle. It is now a viable weapon on offense. **** anybody who thinks otherwise.

Fatman
VeteranXX
Old
146 - 08-11-2004, 08:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus
Not yet. But this is my lobby. I say if the grapple line gets struck by one, yes one, disc, it breaks it. Whether it be the line, or the point of grapple. That would end this problem that the newbies have of killing grapplers.

On a side note, all you idiots who can't deal with grapplers as of now, learn to throw the hand nades, learn to use chain gun, and learn to o snipe since they gave ammo to the sniper rifle. It is now a viable weapon on offense. **** anybody who thinks otherwise.
what he said.

The Prowler
VeteranXX
Old
147 - 08-11-2004, 10:45
Too late for vote. Not in beta but my vote goes for ammo unless the grapple line could be broken.

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
148 - 08-11-2004, 13:53
Dunno if its clear or not, but when I say broken, I don't mean broken. I just mean it comes un-attactched.

ml_paladin888
VeteranX
Old
149 - 08-11-2004, 22:42
i say yess to ammo....needs less spiderman and more happyfunskiing

cAn
VeteranX
Old
150 - 08-11-2004, 23:44
all adding ammo will do is promote cntrl-k spamming ******s.

Fraggy Poo
VeteranX
Old
151 - 08-12-2004, 13:41
Thinking about this a little more, I think I have a good solution. Somebody mentioned something like this earlier I think.

Instead of an ammo count that would restrict users too much, or an ammo count that wouldn't be of any real consequence (20). Have the grappler contain 20 energy. This energy would recharge slowly. To shoot out a line would take 5 energy. For every second you hold the line it would take off 1 energy. While the hook is in use no energy is restored.

This way you have an effective infinite grappling ammo, but you cannot abuse it.

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
152 - 08-12-2004, 14:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy Poo
Thinking about this a little more, I think I have a good solution. Somebody mentioned something like this earlier I think.

Instead of an ammo count that would restrict users too much, or an ammo count that wouldn't be of any real consequence (20). Have the grappler contain 20 energy. This energy would recharge slowly. To shoot out a line would take 5 energy. For every second you hold the line it would take off 1 energy. While the hook is in use no energy is restored.

This way you have an effective infinite grappling ammo, but you cannot abuse it.
I honestly have no idea what solution could be better than this.

This thread lacks dev input.

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
153 - 08-12-2004, 14:28
Uhm, no. Epic ruined the Translocator from UT by adding ammo like that to it. They've already added ammo to one ammoless gun. No more.

Viper
VeteranX
Old
154 - 08-12-2004, 14:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus
Uhm, no. Epic ruined the Translocator from UT by adding ammo like that to it. They've already added ammo to one ammoless gun. No more.
Sorry, but the UT Translocator-whoring was unacceptable.
It was neither fun not nor skillfull to play facig wolrds with all this TL.
This was gay.

Just forgot. I like that idea.

Nicodemus
VeteranXX
Old
155 - 08-12-2004, 14:56
The translocator was one of the most skillful things in UT. But I see you were playing on a face all day server, so I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Thats like the eqivelant of playing on an all day blastside server in tribes.

Plague
VeteranX
Old
156 - 08-12-2004, 15:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy Poo

[edit]: I would have thought this would be obvious, but the reason a translocator is different from a grappling hook is that the GH allows you to be in perpetual motion with only one shot, not to mention it allows you to see where you're going instead of potentially teleporting off a cliff or going around a corner into unseen enemies. There are just so many more reasons a GH is abusable in a game like Tribes that it's unfathomable that someone would dare think they could make a comparison.

Just no. You lose, go away. It doesn't need ammo, but the way it's used needs to be regulated, which it will be. No endless transport spamming for you.

Last edited by Plague; 08-12-2004 at 15:51..
Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
157 - 08-12-2004, 15:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague

Plague
VeteranX
Old
158 - 08-12-2004, 15:53
You just wanted to break the line. :p

Enargee!

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
159 - 08-12-2004, 15:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plague
You just wanted to break the line. :p

Enargee!
Quit abusing the unfortunate fact that my post was at the bottom of the page before I go Zeeky Boogy Doog on you!

Fraggy Poo
VeteranX
Old
160 - 08-12-2004, 16:57
Personally I ****ing love the idea of a grappling hook. I supported it before we knew it was in the game, and I think it is an awesome addition. However, it shouldn't be a whored out weapon where it is mandatory. Everything needs balance, and I was suggesting of a possible way to do this. If the devs just put an ammo count of 20 on it, big woop. If they put an ammo count of 5 on it everyone would cry foul.

Page 8 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Hook Ammo Poll

Social Website Bullshit