Page 2 of 5
CERVICAL-KREMS
VeteranXV
Old
21 - 10-13-2009, 16:53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno View Post
keystone sucks
Yeah, I'll be spending most of the time at A-Basin and loveland and Breck (if it dumps there) this year. I'm leaving 3 of the dildos behind to ride at Loveland with my friend that can keep up. The people that have never rode and skied before will like Keystone and I'll go do my own thing.

Plus, you can always come back to night riding on certain days and drinking, and we're staying real close to the hockey rink so I'm bringing my skates etc. to play every night that I can.

Sponsored Links
zorro
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 10-13-2009, 16:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by vempire View Post
It's alright. Good riding, but way too short at only 38 minutes. Even though I have next to no interest in rails, jibbing, and whatnot, one of the best parts is where Keegan Valaika drops down a narrow, brick chute that Jeremy Jones chickened out on in a previous vid. In with the new, out with the old. Neverland is pretty good. The riding is solid (Nicolas Muller rocks), but the editing can be kinda weak as can the music selection. I've heard really good things about Black Winter. Videograss is supposed to be a great film if you like rails.

I hope you like doing your own waxing. If not, you're going to hate that Banana. The Lib bases are notorious for being really high maintenance. I felt like I needed to wax mine after each day riding to keep it feeling right. My Un..Inc on the other hand can go two or three days. Don't get me wrong, the Banana is a very fun board, but I'm not too terribly impressed with the base.

i'm not worried about the waxing/maintenance.

what videos can you recommend that are similar to That's it That's All?

Swamp Kitten
VeteranX
Old
23 - 10-13-2009, 16:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipperlipicus View Post
Anybody that's going to be in Whistler from Dec 15 - Jan 15 should send me a pm.
I will be up there at some point during those 2 months, probably for New Years as well

Also

Anyone else that's going to be in Whistler or at Mt. Hood this winter and wants to party with this sexy animal:

Let me knowwwwwww

Reno
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
24 - 10-13-2009, 16:56
Oh yeah I plan to get a couple days in at Monarch

I also have reservations for a hut trip in april

vempire
Resident Freak
Contributor
Old
25 - 10-13-2009, 17:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro View Post
i'm not worried about the waxing/maintenance.

what videos can you recommend that are similar to That's it That's All?
Honestly, nothing that I can think of. TITA set the bar pretty high. But I would recommend Double Decade, Down With People, and It's Always Snowing Somewhere from last season. Picture This and Optimistic are both very solid films from 2007 that are worth finding. For the pure laughability of it, Familia from last season is almost worth a download. To see a bunch of white kids in XXXL basketball jerseys and sideways baseball caps, sliding down rails to gangsta rap is pretty hilarious.

But the one to really look forward to (and it's going to be about a year long wait at that) will be Deeper. Some of the absolutely best riders in the world hiking for their lines? Jones, Rice, De La Rue, and Moore hitting BIG lines in AK? Oh. Yeah. I can't wait.

zorro
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 10-13-2009, 17:12
i ****ing love Pat Moore

vempire
Resident Freak
Contributor
Old
27 - 10-13-2009, 17:28
Quote:
i ****ing love Pat Moore
It's actually Jonaven Moore in Deeper. In the latest issue of Transworld Snowboarding there's a pretty good interview with Pat though. He mentions that there's no way he's ready for AK just yet. But yeah, Pat is a pretty cool guy from what I've read and his riding is always great.

Dirty Sanchez
VeteranX
Old
28 - 10-13-2009, 18:00
Quote:
i know that video is "That's it, That's All"

Burton released a new video this year called "The B" which i am trying to download.
save your bandwidth. Its not that great.

look for Forum Forever

BodyShoT
VeteranXX
Old
29 - 10-13-2009, 18:19
I don't know about anyone else but I am looking at Park City Utah this year.

Reno
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
30 - 10-13-2009, 18:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyShoT View Post
I don't know about anyone else but I am looking at Park City Utah this year.
There are so many better options in Utah than Park City.

BodyShoT
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 10-13-2009, 18:26
Quote:
There are so many better options in Utah than Park City.
I knew you would say that.

Reno
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
32 - 10-13-2009, 18:40
That's because it's true. But as evidenced by last year's trip, you guys aren't too interested in actually skiing.

Daredevil
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 10-13-2009, 18:43
Jhole
i go every year

Red_October
VeteranX
Old
34 - 10-13-2009, 18:43
I'm working at Alta, so if anyone skis there or the Bird. Drop me a PM.

BodyShoT
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 10-13-2009, 18:48
Quote:
That's because it's true. But as evidenced by last year's trip, you guys aren't too interested in actually skiing.
Your schtick is not interesting or funny anymore. The general trip is 80% ski 20% party. We are not going to the middle of nowhere and live in a hostel for days. I am going to a place that has decent skiing during the day and things to do at night. We have said this over and over and you still go into arrogant prick ski elitist mode every time. The TW trip is not for you we get it. Move on.

Strega
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 10-13-2009, 18:51
Yup, last years trip was totally my fault for not happening. My bad I broke my foot on a 1500 mile motorcycle trip the day after Thanksgiving. Did I mention I broke it on mile 243 and finished the ride 3 days later before I went and got it casted? Yeah, I'm a huge ***** for not making the trip. For those that were legitimately bothered by the trip not happening last year, I'm sorry. For the rest of you that *****ed about it, and never would have shown up anyway, (Reno, ptavv, etc), suck it.

Like Bodyshot said, SOOOOO many other factors went into the trip planning than just, "Where's the best place to ski??"

If it was up to me for just SKIING alone, I never would have gone to Tahoe, I'd have chosen Banff, Whistler, Taos, or maybe the Snowbird, Solitude, Park West, Alta 4-5 day combo.

Reno, you're just...dumb. You totally don't get the spirit of the trip, why do you continue to comment?

Last edited by Strega; 10-13-2009 at 18:53..
Littlex
VeteranX
Old
37 - 10-13-2009, 18:52
I am looking for new boots and bindings, any recommendations?

Last edited by Littlex; 10-13-2009 at 18:56..
Reno
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
38 - 10-13-2009, 18:54
The BodyShot/Strega/Colosus trips may have more time on the mountain than out partying, but the focus is 80% on things to do at night. That's not a ski trip, it's a party trip that has some skiing involved.

Reno
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
39 - 10-13-2009, 18:55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strega View Post
Like Bodyshot said, SOOOOO many other factors went into the trip planning than just, "Where's the best place to ski??"

If it was up to me for just SKIING alone, I never would have gone to Tahoe, I'd have chosen Banff, Whistler, Taos, or maybe the Snowbird, Solitude, Park West, Alta 4-5 day combo.

Reno, you're just...dumb. You totally don't get the spirit of the trip, why do you continue to comment?
Stop calling it a ski trip then. Call it a party trip adjacent to skiing.

Daredevil
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 10-13-2009, 19:00
why do you care?

Page 2 of 5

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Tribalwar Snowboarding/Skiing 2009-2010

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ho playbook , http://bit.ly/7amuml