[Official] NHL free agency

thats what i thought...i plan to watch some TSN on the internet tomorrow to track things...pens better make some fucking noise...they barely have 3 lines under contract

haha oilers went from one of the worst pp's in the league beginning last year to prolly one of the better ones this year

Canada Day will be fun pretty much anywhere except Quebec since they're a bunch of sepratists and maybe in the territories since they're all inuit and don't really care about the country because of the government.

Ya it's the first time I have been out here for the day. They have spent the last 3 days putting flags up everywhere - should be pretty fun, I think they are expecting 400k people out.

Got that feeling MTL will loop again on Sundin. But this time at least, Gainey moved and tried something. If Sundin says no, I'd do huge efforts to bring Jagr in to MTL.

I have a feeling it's sundin or nothing. Habs need a big center or a 3rd liner with toughness and grit. MTL has a better chance of landing hossa then they do jagr which comes right after a snowball in hell so yea...don't hold your breath for tomorrow cuz I know I'm not.

Habs are already better than they were last year and they finished first. Adding a Sundin would make them automatic cup contenders.

EDIT: Apparently habs are interested in acquiring Laraque.

Last edited:
Neither of them really take the point on the PP.

relying on the point for our pp goals was the whole problem with it sucking in the first place
gagner is incredibly sick behind the net and hemsky is incredibly sick along the boards
the pp started clicking more when gagner could work down low and souray was hurt and stoll was not taking shots from the point

anyhoo im posting because the hossa sweepstakes just got interesting
i have no idea if the oilers will have a chance at getting him, but the team is offering at least 9 million a year for him
so hossa is signing for at least close to that number no matter where he goes :scared:

Hossa signing would mean someone in addition to Pitkanen has to go. I would love to see Hossa come here but I don't think he will.

Hossa signing would mean someone in addition to Pitkanen has to go. I would love to see Hossa come here but I don't think he will.

people are overestimating our expenditures so far, if we can get rid of roli we've cleared up almost 4 million dollars, and realistically we could give him away for nothing if we had to

Back