rogue spec

Probably right, I mean the Vind set (Bloots, Belt, Bracers, Rings, Neck) all seem to have been the same for at least two seasons of Arena (maybe three) so I guess that would make more sense. AB on holiday sucks though, my rig gets tanked on video lag. I really need to get my new rig up and running. Should pick up a cheapy PCI vid card tomorrow.

Yea, there are small changes from one season to another. Not worth the 75K honor grind. I started the grind on my hunter just last week and I'm picking up all the Vind gear first. It takes me a few weeks to grind that amount and maybe by then we'll know more about S4

Not that I'm skeptical about S4, but the theory is PvE was supposed to "balance" with PvP.

S1 = T4
S2 = T5
S3 = T6

Now I know that hasn't translated well AT ALL but the point is Blizzard was making attempts to balance PvE and PvP sets. Mainly to keep either side form feeling shafted/favored. And if S4 comes out, Blizzard would have to implement some kind of T7 set at the same time because if they didn't... Well then people would just Arena for raiding gear (which would now be better in terms of general stats) and the raiders would QQ at not being Blue's favorite anymore.

I expect they'll add an 'in-between' S4 set if anything as I don't expect there to be a T7 any time before the expansion. I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that 2.4 would be the last big content patch before WotLK. And most of the time T# gear arrives along with big content updates.

If S4 is to start before WotLK then expect S4 gear to look like recolored S3 gear (not far fetched since they did this with S1 S2 weapons) but have only small improvements.

Well I dunno about you but someone managed to data-mine out the supposed S4 gear, called "Brutal".

S4 Warrior Chest

As to what it means, I've no idea. But it does mean the original data for S4 is in place in the files. Obviously it's subject o change, but it shows the initial template is there.

MMO Champion said:
There is indeed a change in 2.4 intended to offset some of the mana regen from drinking away from the very beginning of the duration.

However, we specifically made sure the water would not change the amount of mana regenerated by players who drink between pulls or during gauntlet runs. You should see little to no difference in the amount of mana yielded if you sit to drink for at least 4 seconds, which most players do.

So right now you get a tick roughly every two seconds. After the change the first tick will give you nothing, second tick will give you normal tick+66% extra, the third tick normal+33% extra, and then it levels back off after that. So, at the ~6 second mark (or after three ticks) you've made as much as you would have before.

The change has to be consistent across all water as this fix applies to Arenas, battlegrounds, and world PvP, which will have specific emphasis in the upcoming expansion.

So this basically means you get nothing for the first 2-second tick, but they lump that regen amount across the 2nd and 3rd 2-second ticks. Should casters be QQ'ing over this? I can't really tell because I never really did drinking in the middle of PvPing.

Back