[UFC] Anderson Silva is training with Steven Seagal

haha, I wasn't going to say anything. I was gonna just finish watching Aliens. All of his training must be cutting off air supply to his brain.

Another thing I thought while watching that Krav Maga video.

Man that guy makes all that shit look so easy and fluid. Like he could whoop anyones ass. then I remembered he probably trains that shit hours a day most every day of the week and has been for god knows how many years.

The average person wouldn't look so awesome doing it and might not be as effective. So as people have said. I'm gonna go with Run-Fu

In that Krav Magna video he uses a lot of wrist-locks which aren't even allowed under MMA rules.

The stuff that would work in a "real" fight aren't allowed in the sports because of their effectiveness.

In that Krav Magna video he uses a lot of wrist-locks which aren't even allowed under MMA rules.

The stuff that would work in a "real" fight aren't allowed in the sports because of their effectiveness.

Wrist locks are usually allowed in MMA. There are not used because 1.) they are rarely effective against a trained opponent, and 2.) they are much more difficult to perform because of the wrist wraps.

Also, there are more effective and damaging techniques in MMA that are allowed. Compression locks for example, can royally fuck your legs for life.

Wrist locks are usually allowed in MMA. There are not used because 1.) they are rarely effective against a trained opponent, and 2.) they are much more difficult to perform because of the wrist wraps.

Also, there are more effective and damaging techniques in MMA that are allowed. Compression locks for example, can royally fuck your legs for life.
This.

Someone catching a calf-slicer or a heel hook cleanly and cranking it immediately will detonate your knee.

The only illegal submissions under unified rules are finger/toe manipulation, fishhooking, eye gouging, biting, hair pulling, grabbing the collarbone, and titty twisters of all variations.

This.

Someone catching a calf-slicer or a heel hook cleanly and cranking it immediately will detonate your knee.

The only illegal submissions under unified rules are finger/toe manipulation, fishhooking, eye gouging, biting, hair pulling, grabbing the collarbone, and titty twisters of all variations.

so a good thumb strike is legal?

wonder why more people dont use those... if for no other reason than distraction to help get out of a submission.

so a good thumb strike is legal?

wonder why more people dont use those... if for no other reason than distraction to help get out of a submission.
Unlikely you could hurt someone enough with it to let go of a locked sub. Defending properly is generally a better choice.

Edit: Plus it's "dirty" even if legal, so most guys wouldn't do it. You're likely to just piss your opponent off and make them want to smash your fuck harder.

where exactly are you going to thumb strike

do you plan on tickling him
Ribs. Grinding your knuckes into someone's ribs is a cheap/dirty way to get out of some subs. I've had people do it to me in jiu jitsu before. It hurts enough that I'd give up a sub in training and just not roll with that person in the future for being a dickbag, but you can easily grit it out in competition.

yeah in an mma fight with millions watching and tens of thousands of dollars on the line and adrenaline pumping i am sure an aikido thumb jab will free them from the deadliest of holds

yeah in an mma fight with millions watching and tens of thousands of dollars on the line and adrenaline pumping i am sure an aikido thumb jab will free them from the deadliest of holds

you'd be surprised, it can be very distracting... i've had it done to me a number of times... usually you flinch and lose your grip on someone... it sucks.

Back