Straight out the trailer thread

I saw this on the side of the road stuffed under a cardboard box filled with rotting newspapers. Pulled over and tossed into the van

Tried a 12v battery from the other hot wheel and it turned on and ran right away.

It smelled like shit from gallons of water sitting in the wheel so I punched a bunch of holes in the tires to keep them drained.

washed it off in the backyard. Used that gritty soap shit for auto body and a steel wool pad to get all the moss off that was embedded in the paint and wet sanded it.

The fwd/reverse switch was messed up so cleaned out the rust from it and greased it up.

I got (2) 12v UPS batteries from work thatve been sitting for years. I set it up for 24v. It’s charging up now.

I think I’m safe at 24v but I’ve got literal boxes of these UPS batteries. So I dunno maybe I’ll parallel some in there for capacity

1.21 GWaaaaaaaats on that thing

u gonna be straight up tokyo drifting under mount fuji son

land of the rising sauna sun

In the dune runner I can carry 40lbs of kids + 190lb of me with the 12v. The 4wheeler seem much weaker when I ride it it barely goes so the 24v should help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I always thought about hot rodding one of these but then when you look at the no suspension and the pivot points are just plastic and screws it’s kind of hard to do anything besides free.

At $100 I can get an actual 36v kids 4wheeler.

If you run a 12v motor with 24V you will burn it out bro. Better to hook them parallel to double your current capacity.

if u ever used a 12v battery to jump a 6v starter motor it just spins super fucking fast lol

unfortunately these 12v UPS batteries aren't working out, i guess they just dont put out the amperage to drive a motor so i'll just get a bunch of these used guys and they have a $5 trade in value at autozone so ill get like, 5 and change them towards a lawn mower battery

190915153110-01-titans-football-fire-190915-exlarge-169.jpg

Last Monday I picked up a $200 golf cart for parts. Gas 2 stroke par car. I need the final belt drive parts off it to fix another, but the chassis is good. Maybe I'll find a wrecked snowmobile and scavenge it for parts and fix it, or go full retard and convert to electric.

electric seems good but the batteries are $$$$ and then keeping them warm in the winter etc. I can see some benefits to keeping gas.

buying shit from china freight, like a dirty goddamned (((trade traitor))), is exactly how u wind up making an entire society go backwards, u cheapskate scum

Before it was two halves of plywood that fit inside the hole and were held up by the hinges, problem being, the kids were using it as a slide and the hinges broke and the doors fell inside the hole.

I re used the same plywood and welded the broken hinges and soaked them in transmission oil to free them up. I worked th back and forth until the rust was running out the bottom of the pins. I looked at new ones and for the same heavy duty type they were like $10/ea - NO THANKS.

The plywood was super warped but it’s 3/4” and that shit is expensive. Pressure treated is like $30 a sheet. Got some 1x4 deck boards and when I screwed it all together it straightened the plywood out.

I restructured so that the doors have a perimeter to sit on while they’re closed so the hinges aren’t so stressed out.

The top was of the hole was a steel bar and too low for the doors to sit on, last homeowners best idea was to fill the void with expanding foam. So I cleaned it up and packed it with mortar and pressed a board into it, then drilled and screwed the board into the steel.. For the bottom, it was a low concrete step so I put the board in and packed it in with mortar. The board sits pretty low tho so I’ll pour some concrete for the board to sit in to hold it up better. This brought up the perimeter for the door to sit on.

I’m thinking like the traditional barn door colors, white backing and red bars. I was gonna do white backing and black bars because I already got the paint but wife said no stop being a cheap bastard.

The screws in the hinges and handles are undersized and temporary. When it’s painted up I’ll replace all the screws with the correct sized hardware installed by hand, so I don’t get that shitty painted over look.

Edit: fuck, I think it’s supposed to be red backing and white bars.

Last edited:
Back