Pressure Cooker meal

old_skul

UVALAN
Veteran XX
So I got a pressure cooker for my wife for Mothers Day last year :) yeah yeah, whatever. She hated me for a few minutes, calmed down, and now loves it.

Throw a couple of boneless chicken breasts in it. Two cans of diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning. Half a can of water. Press the "poultry" button. (It's a fancy electric one.)

What comes out the other end is delicious. Perfect, tender chicken in what turned into a lovely tomato bisque. It's a favorite meal of mine and it takes literally 5 minutes to prep and 30 for it to cook.

I hear ball bearings are great in them.

Spoiler

I'd say people should have pressure cookers over slow cookers in their house as a staple kitchen item.

But why are you using boneless/skinless breasts?

i'm drinking but pretty sure he didn't say boneless/skinless though I didn't know people put chicken breasts in pressure cookers.

I actually just bought a pressure cooker this week and intend to play around with it today. Going to try a bunch of recipes from Modernist Cuisine at Home and see how they play out. I think that book should rename itself to "Things that should be cooked low and slow now cooked fast AND things that should be cooked quickly now cooked slowly".

Back