Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page To the tw religious ppl
Page 4 of 34
NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
61 - 10-15-2020, 06:50
Religions are outdated in our modern world and need to be re-written. The problem is, they say things like "Allah's word is perfect." The Quran has over 100 passages telling their people to kill those who don't believe. It was written in a time when conquering lands through war was the way of life.

Christianity means good, but saying the earth is only 2k years old, there was an ark, the earth flooded, and so on is BS. The stories were written 2k years ago by people drunk on wine. It's that thing where you tell a story over and over, and it changes. I'm sure there was a flood a couple thousand years ago. But saying every animal got on a boat, the earth flooded for a month, and now we're here, no. Just no.

Attempts at making religions today are whacked cults. Scientology is the example of this.

So what's the answer? Make a bible based on real history, that tells people to be good.

Sponsored Links
StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
62 - 10-15-2020, 06:58
1. The 3 major religions do not worship the same God.
2. The Earth was flooded. Half ass study geology and that fact becomes crystal clear. Of course putting every animal would not work. What would work is ---.
3. Only the worthy have a right to the truth. Many of you can not handle simple things such as politics. Spoon feeding those types the most important of truths will not end well for anyone. Things are hidden for good reason.

Last edited by StapleMammal1; 10-15-2020 at 07:10..
Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
63 - 10-15-2020, 07:17
Tehvul123

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
64 - 10-15-2020, 07:37
My friends call me Big Red, but you can call me anything but that.

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
65 - 10-15-2020, 08:31
i still want to know what south africa has to do with anything

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 10-15-2020, 08:57
this thread is sucking

someone coax gandalf into saying the earth is 6000 years old

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
67 - 10-15-2020, 09:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
this thread is sucking

someone coax gandalf into saying the earth is 6000 years old
People don't really believe that, they just like to be contrarians, like flat earthers

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
68 - 10-15-2020, 09:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falhawk View Post
People don't really believe that, they just like to be contrarians, like flat earthers

my older sister, without hyperbole or exaggeration, believes the earth is 6000 years old. she is a practicing baptist.

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
69 - 10-15-2020, 09:21
Baptist huh? Loads of fun. -_-

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
70 - 10-15-2020, 09:21
Does she engage in conversation about it?

Mr Jimmy Pop
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
71 - 10-15-2020, 09:25
Quote:
Originally Posted by havax View Post
i submit that no one on this Earth knows for certain about any of it, even if they claim they do, so why bother trying to answer this thread? believe in what you want to believe, have faith in what you want to have faith in, leave everyone else alone. thanks.
This is my belief as well.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
72 - 10-15-2020, 09:29
I do think it is interesting what people believe and why. Is it because of where and when they were born? Were they just raised that way? Did they find something later in life that just made sense to them?

The use of religion as a form of control over the masses is also interesting.

StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
73 - 10-15-2020, 09:30
Same.

The Catholic Church mastered the control aspect.

Alvarez
VeteranXX
Old
74 - 10-15-2020, 09:32
There is very little someone over the internet is going to say to make you believe what they believe if you don't already want to. For me I have been questioning a higher powers existence for decades. The textbook answer here is he has worked in my life and speaks to me. I was basically atheist and know what my internal voice and conscience sounds like. That is not the voice I hear when I pray, or at other times in my life.

If when the curtain falls I was wrong. So be it... I am happy with what I turned in.

Looking at many religions they are very similar and may fall to the same God but skewed here or there. Some of the greatest scientists have trouble looking at the universe and thinking it just happened with no creative influence. There are many times they fall to perhaps just a higher power.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
75 - 10-15-2020, 09:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarez View Post
There is very little someone over the internet is going to say to make you believe what they believe if you don't already want to.
Accurate description of every political thread on tw

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
76 - 10-15-2020, 09:38
I miss the Church of Mountain Dew thread. Shame all the links are dead.

Alvarez
VeteranXX
Old
77 - 10-15-2020, 09:39
Quote:
Accurate description of every political thread on tw

That is why politics and religion are held in the same category as far as some institutions for subjects you shouldn't breach.

The Pumpkin King
VeteranXX
Old
78 - 10-15-2020, 09:47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchdubai View Post
Passive aggressive response. Unusual for a weak person
Not really man. I just had **** to do and generally discussion with you is non-productive, so it was much more of a dismission if anything. You were literally trying to teach me what the word "edgy" means, which in itself is the veiled passive aggression that you accuse me of. Even if it had been sincere, I was an English teacher for 8 years, and you teaching me English is nothing more than a waste of my time.

When you argue with everyone constantly about everything, you start seeing everything in the form of argument and attack. You are like a bull seeing red everywhere he looks.

Calling others "weak" seems to be your go to when in actuality running around throwing insults at numerous other individuals recklessly is an actual sign of weakness. I will follow this up by saying that I do not think you are a weak person, nor would I ever want to accuse you of anything negative recklessly.

Showing kindness to others is a sign of strength. It is a reflection of a healthy inner state of mind.

I realize the M.O. is to cause as much damage to as many people as possible, but you may want to rethink your behaviors and the consequences that they have on both other individuals around you as well as yourself.

Since this is a religious based discussion here you go: "A man is not defiled by what enters his mouth, but by what comes out of it."

One of the reasons the bible is not foolishness is that it has actual life wisdom that is priceless, such as the above. When your words are mean, hateful, dirty, it is an outward reflection of a corrupt inner state of mind.

You are welcome to reply with more mean-spirited childish nonsense if you choose, but your breath will be wasted and you will only be harming yourself.

Godspeed Mitch. Wish you all the best.

Quote:
Agreed, but at least more interesting than the political threads which are an even bigger waste of time.

Totally agree. It is a lot more interesting.

Definitely got me posting...

It was a good thread imo.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
79 - 10-15-2020, 09:50
I generally don't talk either in work situations but regular conversation

bowl of blood
Veteran++
Contributor
Old