Star Trek: Discovery & Orville Trailers

Discovery is completely fucked.

They've butchered it in pursuit of exploiting a brand for its potential to make money and totally made hash out of out even that possibility.

It's a cold depressing day in the universe when Seth MacFarlanes spoof of Star Trek makes for better Star Trek than actual Star Trek makes of Star Trek.

If the following is even half true, it affirms what many already suspected:

sort of how spaceballs was a better movie than half the star wars films ;)

sort of how spaceballs was a better movie than half the star wars films ;)

BtZdOnW.jpg

The discovery ad on this magazine says "to boldly go where no woman has gone before"

They must have forgotten about Voyager's female captain

Wow both shows look absolutely terrible.

And that's coming from someone who is a sucker for cheesy scifi.

Discovery is completely fucked.

They've butchered it in pursuit of exploiting a brand for its potential to make money and totally made hash out of even that possibility.

It's a cold depressing day in the universe when Seth MacFarlanes spoof of Star Trek makes for better Star Trek than actual Star Trek makes of Star Trek.

If the following is even half true, it affirms what many already suspected:

at least with macfarlane, we know he's a dude who fiercely loves TOS/TNG/DS9 and what star trek stands for

this new rubbish idk

I thought it was good. Kinda funny how they show people dying and brush it off like nothing. Like they try to be funny and serious at the same time.

dog licking his balls

so many laughs

:ugh:

the punchlines were so meh
like when the black helmsman was like "was the dog licking it's balls the first thing you saw?"
the punchline is "it was THE FIRST thing I saw"
it would have been slightly better if he said something like it was the only thing I saw or something like "why are we here again" I dunno

black dude drinking soda on the bridge would have been slightly funnier if there wasn't some awkward and lame conversation about it beforehand

if these were about stanky vaginas they'd be amy schumer quality jokes

I'll give it a couple more eps just because space, but yeah hopes were not high from the trailer and the 1st ep didn't disappoint

I was expecting Orville to be more of a parody, given MacFarlane's track record. Was pretty surprised that he was playing things pretty straight. It was him living out a childhood fantasy I suppose. The scenes of the ship leaving space dock especially, MacFarlane had this "Omg I'm a starship captain" look on his face. But I don't know if you can fit a decent sci-fi plot in 30 minutes. I enjoyed the show, the crew jokes were pretty entertaining. But holy shit, the aliens shoot worse than stormtroopers.

Orville wasn't bad at all. I'm in.

- Humor was mostly good, laughed out loud a few times
- Love that the ship in spacedock and departing was played completely straight, like straight out of ST: TMP or something
- Love the racist robot :lol: as the Spock/Data
- Overall cast looks promising

Last edited:
i gurantee im the hardestcore trekie nerd on tw. i will b watching orville. i will NOT be watching discovery (nor will i ever watch enterprise) fuck that overt pc shitshow.

Back