Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] GoT S5 Thread
Page 13 of 59
anomaly
VeteranXV
Old
241 - 05-19-2015, 18:39
they really ****ed up with raping sansa

its one of the few things that GRRM doesnt do, raping main characters.

Sponsored Links
Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
242 - 05-19-2015, 21:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouge View Post
I never read the books so i could lay down 100 questions but...i digress.

One question i do have. Is Sansa Stark name enough to even have a rebellion or raise an Army and take back the North?
yes absolutely. Ned's old bannermen are so loyal that they will fight for any of his children to return a Stark to Winterfell. In the books, it's not the same, but it is voiced particularly.

Piata
VeteranXX
Old
243 - 05-20-2015, 01:20
They royally ****ed up Sansa's storyline in the show.

Book spoiler:
Spoiler

...which makes a lot more sense than marrying/****ing a Bolton to get back what is already hers by birth right. I've completely lost interest in this show. The writers are ****ing idiots.

h4rdluck
VeteranX
Old
244 - 05-20-2015, 03:04
Also very unhappy with raping Sansa.

Her **** was bad enough in the books. They could have written that so many different ways....like fast forward to reek wacking bolton over the head and making an early escape ect to brieanne.

Anything other than more ****ing ****.

I mean Martin has no problem depicting ****, but these guys have now turned a number of scenes that never existed into some pretty ****ing creepy **** scenes (cersei and jamie over dead son being the other major one

really pissed my wife off too.

CapnPyro
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
245 - 05-20-2015, 03:49
+1

Peanut
VeteranX
Old
246 - 05-20-2015, 04:33
game of ****

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
247 - 05-20-2015, 04:50
Show is ruined because a main character was raped when we all knew it was coming

Ok

good, stop watching. Less traffic on hbo go, the better

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
248 - 05-20-2015, 04:58
big part of the books is that they are a criticism of royalty celebrity and power. the worst **** happens to regular ppl/nobodies in the books and often happens off screen, and it all happens for dumb reasons considering the damage and slaughter

most of that is lost on this garbage

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
249 - 05-20-2015, 12:23
You really wanna piss people off, tell them Sansa consented. Anyone know what the current odds are for Tommen surviving the season?

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
250 - 05-20-2015, 12:28
given the screen time cersei's ex lover/cousin is getting, i'm sure Tommen is going to get ****ed pretty hard by the long arm of the seven, who they've set the precedent for not giving a **** who you are politically

cersei too

with each episode it is getting more and more likely that stannis is going to take over so he can replace the crazy cult of the seven with his crazy cult of burning people alive, who in turn is going to get burned alive by dragons

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
251 - 05-20-2015, 12:52
Well Cersei's obviously getting outed this year, and since she gave an army to the church and has none of her own, I get the feeling that Tommen's gonna be killed by the church as a child of incest, cursed by the gods, etc.

I don't think Myrcella's gonna make it out alive either.

anomaly
VeteranXV
Old
252 - 05-20-2015, 13:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4rdluck View Post
I mean Martin has no problem depicting ****, but these guys have now turned a number of scenes that never existed into some pretty ****ing creepy **** scenes (cersei and jamie over dead son being the other major one
not only is that in the books, but its worse in the books

jaime rapes cersei on the altar with joffrey rotting next to her... while shes on her period.

anomaly
VeteranXV
Old
253 - 05-20-2015, 13:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
Well Cersei's obviously getting outed this year, and since she gave an army to the church and has none of her own, I get the feeling that Tommen's gonna be killed by the church as a child of incest, cursed by the gods, etc.

I don't think Myrcella's gonna make it out alive either.
the show has already made robert strong inferences, i bet the beginning of season 6 they have cleganebowl (let there be hype)

i honestly think tommen is going to end up fine, GRRM and D&D actually spent the time showing how tywin takes tommen under his wing to teach him how to be a good ruler (scene when theyre walking out of joffreys vigil), which was never shown for joffrey

i bet tommen ends up escaping KL when the next invading force comes (which i think will be either the giant pack of wolves or faegon) and escapes to essos like viserys/dany did during roberts rebellion.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
254 - 05-20-2015, 13:28
I forgot about the Robert Strong part of the show

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
255 - 05-20-2015, 13:30
i can taste your tears

Piata
VeteranXX
Old
256 - 05-20-2015, 16:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBatesAlot View Post
Show is ruined because a main character was raped when we all knew it was coming

Ok

good, stop watching. Less traffic on hbo go, the better
Doesn't matter if we knew it was coming, it's ****ing stupid. Sansa doesn't need to **** a Bolton to claim Winterfell, a Bolton needs to **** Sansa to claim Winterfell.

It's the same reason Tyrion was married to Sansa. ****ing a Stark gives you a legitimate claim to Winterfell and the Stark lands.

In the books, Littlefinger and to a lesser degree Sansa know this and they use it to their advantage by arranging a much smarter and more powerful marriage. In the show Sansa gives it up because the show runners liked a scene from the books and wanted to incorporate it without bringing back a minor character from season 1 so they swap Sansa for Jeyne Poole.

Quality writing dudes.

CapnPyro
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
257 - 05-20-2015, 16:34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
You really wanna piss people off, tell them Sansa consented. Anyone know what the current odds are for Tommen surviving the season?
seeing as how tommen has as much personality and intelligence as a piece of wet cardboard idgaf

anomaly
VeteranXV
Old
258 - 05-20-2015, 16:37
everything being said, i really like what the show is doing with the faith

i dont think the books accentuated exactly how horrible a decision it was for cersei to allow them to rearm themselves

the show is really hammering that home

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
259 - 05-20-2015, 16:38
I mean all get kids gotta die according to the witch soooo

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
260 - 05-20-2015, 16:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by anomaly View Post
everything being said, i really like what the show is doing with the faith

i dont think the books accentuated exactly how horrible a decision it was for cersei to allow them to rearm themselves

the show is really hammering that home
The book did it through a Littlefinger segment where he talks about how spectacularly terrible a ruler Cersei is. He planned on her screwing up, but he thought it would take a lot longer and had to move his timetable up.

Page 13 of 59

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] GoT S5 Thread

Social Website Bullshit