IT Field Nerds - Tech 'go bags'

Measuring tape, wire cutters, wrenches, small hammer, allens, t handle allens, soldering pencil, tape, razor knife, screwdrivers, various special tools, dial indicator, digital volt meter

I have storage units in las angeles and Toronto where the heavier tools are stored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can picture juggs outside on a smoke break talking to his fellow IT experts about the latest episode of rush when he has a dr house eureka moment, charges back into the server room , folds up his big mac container and sticks it under the server rack footing to solve the fatal wobble

Back when I did field work I always took a ball peen hammer out of my tool bag.

Bitches love seeing a ball peen hammer wielding printer mechanic.

I would like to thank Juggs for making a truly traditional TW thread. This is the bread and butter of our heritage.

Back when I did field work I always took a ball peen hammer out of my tool bag.

Bitches love seeing a ball peen hammer wielding printer mechanic.

Ha yep.

I was a statewide field tech back in the mid-90s, from supporting unix and netware networks all the way down to fixing printers. Indeed I had a ball peen hammer in one of my tool cases.

I haven't carried a toolkit in many years. The laptop bag also holds a Linkrunner and a couple of thumbdrives with some helpful software and I have a leatherman on my belt as old as some of you. Good to go.

I don't go "in the field" unless it's to meet with a high-profile client for a kickoff. And then I just bring a laptop like a normal IT guy. So I can't answer any questions about GO BAGS. Sorry.

omg look @ all these noobs w/o go bags i bet they have pantries full of food, no hue lighting and no led faucets that are supposed to change with water temperature but always stay blue because they didn't get the hot water line hooked up properly

#Sad!

Oh yeah - the go bag should always have some packets of condiments. Mustard, Fire Sauce - that kind of thing.

Back