LOLbama - Obama changes tune on Iraq by Zombie - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page LOLbama - Obama changes tune on Iraq
Page 2 of 9
link_
Old
21 - 07-03-2008, 18:07

If any of you are actually shocked or upset by this "shift" then you are ****ing retarded.

Sponsored Links
Automatic Jack
VeteranX
Old
22 - 07-03-2008, 18:09
Nobody said un****ing this situation would be easy. It was designed to be impossible.

The day the last of our troops leave is the last day we give any kind of **** what happens there.

TonyElTigre
VeteranXX
Old
23 - 07-03-2008, 18:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Not a Obama supporter but this post is a lame attempt at destroying his credibility.

Ever consider he is Anti-War but he now understands that a irrational emotion driven withdraw from Iraq would cause 10x more harm then good?

He didn't start it, but if he wins the Presidency he has to clean it up.
So you don't find it disturbing that people want to elect a man that is just figuring this out? The guy with his finger on the button shouldn't be learning on the job

Thetar
Veteran++
Old
24 - 07-03-2008, 18:10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty View Post
If you seriously use the term "flip-flop" to describe someone changing their mind or reevaluating the facts, you have no place in either politics or discussions about politics.
That would be 99.99999% of the TV talking heads covering any election.

Teratos
Veteran5
Old
25 - 07-03-2008, 18:18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockup View Post
Anybody with a half a brain knew has was not going to do the fast withdrawl. All of you defending him bought into his bull**** and are now backpedaling.

braski
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 07-03-2008, 18:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post
So you don't find it disturbing that people want to elect a man that is just figuring this out? The guy with his finger on the button shouldn't be learning on the job
there is no ****ing button

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
27 - 07-03-2008, 18:33
Quote:
Originally Posted by braski View Post
there is no ****ing button

If (when) elected McCain will have one of these installed to launch the nuclear missiles.

DocHolliday
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
28 - 07-03-2008, 18:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyElTigre View Post

I find it laughable that anyone out there believes a Presidential candidate should know all before they are elected. They have a ****ing cabinet once elected for a reason, I couldn't give two ****s if he knows war and politics surrounding it like the back of his hand. What I care about is he has a good cabinet that gives him all the facts and he is intelligent enough to make a decision based on that and in the end it helps this country and those we consider friends. run on yes, I don't care.

Last edited by DocHolliday; 07-03-2008 at 18:38..
JackBootedThug
VeteranXV
Old
29 - 07-03-2008, 18:35
Whether it be McCain or Obama the United States as a free and prosperous nation is over.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
30 - 07-03-2008, 18:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty View Post
If you seriously use the term "flip-flop" to describe someone changing their mind or reevaluating the facts, you have no place in either politics or discussions about politics.
Right.

Obama "reevaluated the facts" not because of conditions on the ground, new information, or anything substantial.

Here's the thing - being fiercely anti-war won him the democratic primary.

And now he has to win the general election. He's hoping to ride on his anti-war cred while not freaking out conservatives that he's going to lose the war and hand iraq to al qaeda in the process.

Bam. That's all it is. Silly to think hes suddenly changed his mind on such an important issue.

Last edited by triple; 07-03-2008 at 18:43..
elijah
VeteranX
Old
31 - 07-03-2008, 18:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY View Post
id rather have someone who admits mistakes and is capable of improvement than someone who "stays the course" (no matter how wrong they are)
Exactly.

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
32 - 07-03-2008, 18:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple View Post
Right.

Obama "reevaluated the facts" not because of conditions on the ground, new information, or anything substantial.

And now he has to win the general election. He's hoping to ride on his anti-war cred while not freaking out conservatives that he's going to lose the war and hand iraq to al qaeda in the process.

Bam. That's all it is. Silly to think hes suddenly changed his mind on such an important issue.
What if he was merely posturing to win the Democratic nomination and his real position has always been the one he is now putting forth?

cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
33 - 07-03-2008, 18:45
Quote:
um, no it didn't. being fiercely not hillary won him the democratic primary.

if it was all about being anti-war kucinich would have won in a landslide.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
34 - 07-03-2008, 18:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
What if he was merely posturing to win the Democratic nomination and his real position has always been the one he is now putting forth?
What difference does it make. If I have to figure out someone's "real position" I don't want to vote for them.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
35 - 07-03-2008, 18:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogzinofa View Post
um, no it didn't. being fiercely not hillary won him the democratic primary.

if it was all about being anti-war kucinich would have won in a landslide.
Kucinich isn't a serious candidate, and he can't win a general election. Obama has been the dnc's prize horse since 04.

And why the hate for hillary? Couldn't possibly be because she voted for the war and took a more centrist tone on iraq, could it?

cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
36 - 07-03-2008, 18:47
oh, and

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...5/1167856.aspx
Quote:
Posted: Wednesday, June 25, 2008 2:47 PM by Mark Murray

From NBC's Jim Miklaszewski and Courtney Kube
Pentagon press secretary Geoff Morrell confirms that Obama has asked for, and will soon receive, a military operational and intelligence briefing. Morrell said it will be his second such brief in recent months. The briefing, however, will be nothing more than any member of the Senate would receive.
it's entirely possible that he's hedging because he just stated receiving national security briefings...you know, because they don't start doing that for candidates until it's clear who's the winnar.

Archimedes
VeteranXV
Old
37 - 07-03-2008, 18:48
Quote:
What difference does it make. If I have to figure out someone's "real position" I don't want to vote for them.
Well you seemed pretty certain in your original post.

cogzinofa
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 07-03-2008, 18:48
Quote:
Kucinich isn't a serious candidate, and he can't win a general election. Obama has been the dnc's prize horse since 04.

And why the hate for hillary? Couldn't possibly be because she voted for the war and took a more centrist tone on iraq, could it?
what's that have to do with it? you said it's all about being anti-war.

I'm just pointing out that obama's popularity isn't based on his anti-war-ness.

triple
VeteranXV
Old
39 - 07-03-2008, 18:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimedes View Post
Well you seemed pretty certain in your original post.
I'm certain hes saying what needs to be said to win an election. He can't be blamed - hes a politician, that's what they do. I don't know if he actually means it.

I think the real reason people aren't coming down on me harder is because you know this makes a lot of sense.

SuckyPenny
VeteranX
Old
40 - 07-03-2008, 18:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockup View Post
Anybody with a half a brain knew has was not going to do the fast withdrawl. All of you defending him bought into his bull**** and are now backpedaling.
exactly

Page 2 of 9

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page LOLbama - Obama changes tune on Iraq

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo is faggot , fagmotron , free gon , illiterate republicans , not right now you don't , obama lies , partisan hackery , republicans like boys , tw coverup