Tribes Rebirth (source port)

I'd like to point out that there are other sources of variable lag behavior on the community. These may mask any benefit provided by Altimor's aimlagfix. Community was not a good candidate to roll this on. Did arghs try running it and if so what was the consensus there?

i don't even think long-time tribes players would notice it bugs. people aim slow in this game, meaning non-twitchy. its ingrained in their muscle memory to perform shots this way because this is the way that works.

if you bring in other people from twitchy games like cs and tribes, they would notice it, like me and altimor. for example, these shot on dare i got in reflex yesterday would probably never be possible in tribes because they are too twitchy. http://gfycat.com/VariablePerkyCanine#

its something you won't notice if this is the fps you've grown up to play. i always felt it was funny and noticed sometimes my disc dont go where im aiming. also ppl who you would want to play the game to get a better understanding of it, like you are always saying mabel should play it, will discredit the game as feeling "janky" because of things like this.

as altimor said if you are used to really responsive quake and cs, why do you want to play and deal with something thats annoying and feels bad like tribes? you have no idea how autistic people are about mouse responsiveness when they've been playing with something good all along, just go look at the UT4 forums where they are complaining 24/7.

this is a completely unique format comparing to another unique format

i know legions tried to make it twitch only and thats cool cuz then it plays like ez mode quake 3 ctf. ill definitely play that

but tribes again has more of a long range mid range game for those who are truly skilled and not just cg whore up in ur face try hard rtcll types (in tr i think it was different tho) etc so making that the only focus is dumb imo and gonna limit u as a dueler/ctfer etc

basically i dont want to play fukin reflex team dm ctf with jet packs if i can just play reflex i want unique tribes 1

t1 has that unique feel for many reasons and the type of shots ur able to hit is definitely one of them

this change wont do anything to change ppls minds about "jankyness" because it does nothing to improve any1's aim

the ppl that say it's a janky game r basically just afraid of it becuze the terrain looks like 1998 cloud strife hair and not t2 very lush terrain with water

i remember t2 on the cover and inside pc gamer magazine. basically it looked like fukin reboot the tv show but in a game and way better and cooler all at once

it was fukin awesome and it plays good too. id rather play t2c than legions fucked up t:a stuff any day

but also i like that t1 u can have a long range consistent ma disc only (maybe nade) chase game in a high level pu and still own

also the skiing feel is way different than legions or t:a and really unique and unless that + terrain was exact i will never like another tribes game

basically its like if they said this is cpma with better graphics but instead it was unreal with the name cpma

u understand

this a lie

i not like sorry :-(

Last edited:
I Dont know how people like dare who played cpma and shit dont notice it.

dare carries over his sluggish aiming style to cpma. i watched him play and his mouse movements are not twitchy or jerky. this isn't a bad thing, there are many good players who have slow aiming styles. maybe he can notice the extra responsiveness, but he won't notice the aimlag or anything else unless he drastically changes up his aim style.

compare and contrast these. memphis is player off of the top of my head who doesn't play super twitchy in cpma. it is still twitchier then a tribes player because of the nature of the game. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeDclbmOPuY

the watch someone with a twitchier style like lolograde. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-85ugCLh41o

relaaa is a king of twitch style who plays battlefield and most ppl think he's hacking despite being a LAN champion. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsQmxbXzhqs bring this guy into tribes 1 and ask him what he thinks about the mouse and firing responsiveness.

Last edited:
that is untrue uve played with me twice i have cranked up my sense now to like 5x

please remember i was an hpb sniper fukin xpert for many years with 76-300 ping

i played with the highest mouse sensitivity on the planet

stork was sluggish yesterday

i beat u 2v1 yesterday LOL and im still really rusty

gl hf

also when i first came to LT i was a really high sensitivity player on twl for like the first year (limbo teams, sippin purple, some other teams, APC, probably a terraforce team, etc)

and i played fine and could get 36 cks in a good pu

u ppl r delusional if u think twitch only is the way to play tribes

look at rtcll he is very twitch, but in tr or duel the guy has incredible long range too.

thats from a mix of both twitch and precision prediction and takes real skill

not just one or the other y not both

FUCK YOU ALL

I'd like to point out that there are other sources of variable lag behavior on the community. These may mask any benefit provided by Altimor's aimlagfix. Community was not a good candidate to roll this on. Did arghs try running it and if so what was the consensus there?

altimors aim lag fix was running on my boot camp server back when he was still working on that sort of thing. i liked it and thought it was a good fix

randall i have played tribe with u lots of times

u r a good player mechanically u just have to learn to play a fuckin position and not do random shit or ren stuff

we play lt now u kno

tribes doesn't prevent twitch aim, but you can't take shots as quickly as in other fps. if you flick to someone and fire immediately you will miss.

i would play fine in a pu. i know and could play all positions competently bro. I wouldnt turn heads but id fill a slot and compete NP. You cant watch me play a pub and assume how i would play when playing with no distractions. 90% of the time im gaming, i have 4-6 friends around me shooting the shit and passing blunts and asking to get some good off me.

tribes doesn't prevent twitch aim, but you can't take shots as quickly as in other fps. if you flick to someone and fire immediately you will miss.

right and i played with the fix and i am glad it calms everyones autism. but most of u r missing cuz ur missing and not cuz the game is cheating u LOL

personally i blame high sensitivity

much like if stork wants to play reflex he'll probably have to crank his in game sensitivity like i did or become a really technical player sometimes u need to have low mouse sensitivity and take up a large amount of space to aim really good in a vidya game such as tribes

i would play fine in a pu. i know and could play all positions competently bro. I wouldnt turn heads but id fill a slot and compete NP. You cant watch me play a pub and assume how i would play when playing with no distractions. 90% of the time im gaming, i have 4-6 friends around me shooting the shit and passing blunts and asking to get some good off me.

so stop being a debby downer and just support the pus and show up

idk what this deal is with jankyness

if this game feels janky then quake live feels janky as fuck cuz it feels almost identical to quake 3 which is FUCKIN JANKY strange game for devil worshippers and reflex is a MOD of that same game and feels legitly better and so similar its almost identical

that is untrue uve played with me twice i have cranked up my sense now to like 5x

please remember i was an hpb sniper fukin xpert for many years with 76-300 ping

i played with the highest mouse sensitivity on the planet

stork was sluggish yesterday

i beat u 2v1 yesterday LOL and im still really rusty

gl hf

high sens doesn't necessarily mean twitchier. there are low sens players who are very twitchy. and your mouse movement is very slow. if you were to become a reflex pro you would look more like memphis and less like lolograde or hal_9000.

but yea tribes 1 players, even stork, have slow aim going into other games. like i said there are top players in these games with slow aim too and its not a bad thing just a style, and because super twitch style doesn't work in tribes 1, you won't see many tribes players with twitchy aim going into other games unless they change it up drastically.

imo theres no comparison between mouse input in quake 3 (using quake3e client) or tribes...quake has butter smooth mouse input while tribes has always felt a bit wonky to me, ive just learned to get used to it. but i cant play as twitchy as i do in cpma, and i know that in taking a fast twitch shot theres ~50% chance it will fail while altimors aim fix fixed the issue completely (made twitch shots in tribe feel great) so idk what the issue is

right and i played with the fix and i am glad it calms everyones autism. but most of u r missing cuz ur missing and not cuz the game is cheating u LOL

personally i blame high sensitivity

much like if stork wants to play reflex he'll probably have to crank his in game sensitivity like i did or become a really technical player sometimes u need to have low mouse sensitivity and take up a large amount of space to aim really good in a vidya game such as tribes

no doubt my aim is just not as good as yours in tribes, but 32ms clientside mouse lag and an extra 32ms serverside mouse lag make it a lot harder to transition from other shooters. if i flick to a guy w/ laser and my crosshair is where it needs to be i expect it to hit. it's hard to adjust to anything else when that's how every other shooter works.

you don't need high sens for twitch shooters, i use 45cm/360 in CS and skadoodle (prob 2nd best AWPer in the world) uses 80cm/360.

Back