Have ya ever met a happy atheist?

I'm guessing you've become a Christian for whatever reasons. I've arguments for all the major religions, but for Christianity, you could read The God Delusion by Dawkins, or God Is Not Great by Hitchens, but the best book (books) that could sway any thinking person is to read the Bible. Read it all, front to back, no coaching, no "Bible studies," no asking for help. Any thinking person that reads the old and new testament without help is going to conclude that the entirety of Christianity is nonsense. Science and math was responsible for building the coffin of my own Christianity, reading the bible front to back was the hammer and nails.

btw you can read the Quran for free also, and while you'll draw the same conclusions (all garbage and a waste of your time), the Quran is worse because it's very boring. At least the bible has sanctioned rape, a murderous and jealous God, lots of torture and sex, and even trolling (God asking Abraham to murder his son and at the last moment says "haha, just kidding").

The Quran, Koran, whatever doesn't have much of any of that it's just "God is great" every other line. No plot, no worry about the antagonist, it's basically just a repeated chant, imho. Normally I'd recommend everybody read it, as most Sunnis want to see Americans, Jews, and Shiites lined up and shot, but honestly, it's a yawn. You're better off spending your time reading Nancy Drew with Havax.

I've was raised a Christian. Never been much of a Bible-thumper though.

I've always liked the Bible, even though some of it is definitely wtf

Really don't give much more than a passing nod to the Quran though. Don't really care.

My question in the thread was more of an observation that I've made after roaming this planet for almost half a century.

Don't take this badly but you kind of prove it, along with your authors of choice.

I'm guessing you've become a Christian for whatever reasons. I've arguments for all the major religions, but for Christianity, you could read The God Delusion by Dawkins, or God Is Not Great by Hitchens, but the best book (books) that could sway any thinking person is to read the Bible. Read it all, front to back, no coaching, no "Bible studies," no asking for help. Any thinking person that reads the old and new testament without help is going to conclude that the entirety of Christianity is nonsense. Science and math was responsible for building the coffin of my own Christianity, reading the bible front to back was the hammer and nails.

btw you can read the Quran for free also, and while you'll draw the same conclusions (all garbage and a waste of your time), the Quran is worse because it's very boring. At least the bible has sanctioned rape, a murderous and jealous God, lots of torture and sex, and even trolling (God asking Abraham to murder his son and at the last moment says "haha, just kidding").

The Quran, Koran, whatever doesn't have much of any of that it's just "God is great" every other line. No plot, no worry about the antagonist, it's basically just a repeated chant, imho. Normally I'd recommend everybody read it, as most Sunnis want to see Americans, Jews, and Shiites lined up and shot, but honestly, it's a yawn. You're better off spending your time reading Nancy Drew with Havax.

The Quran's Verses of Violence

So what you're telling me is that because you don't believe in anything supernatural beyond what we know today in this universe, you're automatically right? You do realize that we're a fledgling species and we really don't know shit, right?

big claims require big evidence. and we're not a "fledgling species" whatever the fuck that means. we're on the verge of colonizing new planets..

havax is the type of person who needs bulletproof evidence to accuse kavanaugh of attempted rape but he willingly believes in magic because why not

havax is the type of person who needs bulletproof evidence to accuse kavanaugh of attempted rape but he willingly believes in magic because why not

You're right triple everyone is guilty until proven innocent. That's the progressive way of thinking. Thanks man

My recommendation for everyone, is to read the Bible without help. Front to back, no coaching. It's the best argument I have for Christianity. My arguments against Islam and Judaism are marked in history, in the case you don't want to read their bullshit.

big claims require big evidence. and we're not a "fledgling species" whatever the fuck that means. we're on the verge of colonizing new planets..

The average mammalian species exists for 1-2 Million years, from appearance to extinction, according to the fossil records. Some mammals have lived upwards of 10 million. We've only been around for 300,000, and really only 50,000 if you're measuring by behavioral modernity. We're a young species, one that can reasonably expect another 700k-2M years before our natural extinction.

But you're right, probably be done colonizing planets by the end of the week.

On the grand scope, science has only been with us for the last bit. As far as trying to fly, we've gone from men dying in bits of wood and string to the moon in less than a century. I doubt we we'll be colonizing planets by the end of the week, and science has never claimed such. We're working on it.

On the other hand, Taxi's, your, and Havax's God has made some fantastic claims, the resolution of which, you'll all be waiting on for some time.

DG4pjVLXYAEW_fQ.jpg:large

even Dawkins himself is turning back to the rejoice of regular religion over the cult of PC and what u SJW's have done to the West lately.....not to mention what Islam is doing

Richard Dawkins accused of Islamophobia after comparing 'lovely church bells' to 'aggressive-sounding Allahu Akhbar'

What say you cultist leftists about that?

:boogie:

Ok let's cut to the chase. If you are a christian and believe the Bible is the word of God, do you think you'd still believe it if you were born in Saudi Arabia?

Also, has anyone mentioned that the Bible promotes cannibalism? (totally an easy hyperbole but it makes me laugh)

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

still a question out there...

DG4pjVLXYAEW_fQ.jpg:large

even Dawkins himself is turning back to the rejoice of regular religion over the cult of PC and what u SJW's have done to the West lately.....not to mention what Islam is doing

Richard Dawkins accused of Islamophobia after comparing 'lovely church bells' to 'aggressive-sounding Allahu Akhbar'

What say you cultist leftists about that?

:boogie:
watch live as intellectual sam harris says, any criticism is interpreted as islamophobia not 10 seconds before actor ben affleck calls him an islamophobe

Back