Have ya ever met a happy atheist? by SuicideTaxi - Page 11 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have ya ever met a happy atheist?
Page 11 of 77
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
201 - 10-10-2018, 14:35
and don't make the mistake of assuming TW is real life

Sponsored Links
SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
202 - 10-10-2018, 14:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
and thus prove my point. You can't and will not except the possibility someone can live and die without the fear you have. The fear that has made you question the very existence of a person that can be happy without god
You sure do extrapolate a lot of things from what people don't say, don't do, and don't express... it's pretty fascinating to watch.

As you go through your daily life... do you walk into a store and then be like "I KNOW WHAT YER THINKING!!!! YOU THINK I'M NOT GONNA BUY ANYTHING, AREN'T YOU???" to the salesgirl and stuff, right after she says "Hello."

Last edited by SuicideTaxi; 10-10-2018 at 16:20..
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
203 - 10-10-2018, 14:42
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideTaxi View Post
So are you presenting yourself as the example of a happy atheist?

Because... I mean... not for nothin, but you seem like a angry, bitter, condescending ****.

And that isn't the equivalent of "u mad bro?", (a throwaway expression that's used to belittle someone else), because it's the foundation of the entire thread - from my experience, atheists tend to be angry, bitter, condescending ****s.
are we straying away from no true scotsman territory into trollville?

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
204 - 10-10-2018, 14:45
Quote:
Is getting that granular even worth the energy? Not sure I'm seeing the point to justify the energy expenditure.

Regardless of that though, I couldn't even begin to do so until the term "correct" is defined.

Correct in what capacity? Correct from whose perspective? Correct in relation to what?
Correct as in consistent with reality. Correct as in "the Earth orbits the Sun" correct.

And it's not even getting granular yet. I'm just asking you if you have a good reason to believe the things you believe.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
205 - 10-10-2018, 14:58
Quote:
You sure do extrapolate a lot of things from what people don't say, don't do, and don't express... it's pretty fascinating to watch.

As you go through your daily life... do you walk into a store and then be like "I KNOW WHAT YER THINKING!!!! YOU THINK I'M NOT GONNA TO BUY ANYTHING, DON'T YOU???" to the salesgirl and stuff, right after she says "Hello."
No.. body language is enough information for me. You don't get that here so assumptions and generalizations are made. Unavoidable.

Speaking of fascinating.. this anger thing. That for real? With the sarcasm and dry, raw humor I use? You guys actually think I walk around and trip old ladies or something?

I am simply the product of taking someone way from something they obsessed about. Work. I am bored. Simple as that. The thing I am unhappy about is I haven't found enough to fill my time. It is a waste. But it isn't for lack of trying.

I have built guns, Learned guitar. Read a billion words. I could name off a hundred projects I have completed. Not working is not the fun and games it appears to be. That doesn't mean I am unhappy in life or mad.

I am Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. TW takes care of the competition I miss... that's all. With TW history I kinda thought everyone knew that yeah, opinions here are real.. just the volume knob is at 12 and broke off.

This is fun and games and I don't hate anyone here.. except arsin. I laugh for 98% of this ****. How you guys are missing that angle is my fault but believe me... in real life, with body language, I totally pull it off. Funniest guy in the room usaully.. not comdedian funny cause I am not suicidal.. just a little funny

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
206 - 10-10-2018, 15:01
why you all go in so hard on such a ****ty troll dang

you should know better

(SuperTrap is excused from this)

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
207 - 10-10-2018, 15:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Yes, we need a higher power to look up too, otherwise there is anarchy.
no

and I do realize that just saying that will do nothing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_29yvYpf4w

Last edited by Falhawk; 10-10-2018 at 15:53..
cael
VeteranXX
Old
208 - 10-10-2018, 16:14
supertrap tryin to convince us all he's a funnny guy lmao

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
209 - 10-10-2018, 16:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
Yes, we need a higher power to look up too, otherwise there is anarchy.

However, there really needs to be a new religion. Besides the things I mentioned earlier (Noah, Adam, Eve), I can't get past

The bible saying the earth is only 6k years old and in-directly mentioning the dinosaurs (talking about a big animal).
The Quran only goes back about 2k years.

I would do religion and believe in a god or higher power if it wasn't for these ****ed up stories. Thus I believe in another dimension with aliens watching us because of the weird dreams I have.
The problem with the Bible is twofold -

One, it's a horrible and completely untrustworthy record of events that was originally handed down verbally from generation to generation, then written down, then edited, added to, redacted from, then politicized, and in the end convoluted to the point where who the hell knows what the real story is anymore.

Two, people tend to get waaaaaaaaaay too hung up on details. While some of the parables of the Bible are great, (just like any other good parable), much of the "story" really just distracts from the message, and the message I think is meaningful and valid.

I personally don't even bother with much of the Bible, (the old testament more than the new, anyway) because I don't even see how, at the end of the day, how it's really relevant to the overall message.

There should be like... three stories in the Bible-

Story One - The Garden

Adam and Eve were in the Garden of Eden, where everything was fine, there was no strife or difficulty for them. Cool place. Utopia.

The Creator doesn't want his creations to be robots, un-self-aware meatsacks blindly following orders without any free will or self-motivation, he wants them to be enlightened gods as well, just like himself. So he throws in the Tree of Knowledge, equipped with the entire catalog of what sins are available, complete with all the temptations of what choices can be had by God's creations.

To focus on their Free Will, the Creator tells his creations, "Hey fools, you can have every apple out here but the ones from that tree, dig?"

Adam, not too bright, says "Aight!", and goes with it.

Eve, the smarter one, says "I think.... I might... wanna eat dat...", and she does, convincing Adam to have a snack as well.

The Creator isn't angry with his creations, in fact he's very pleased, because his creations are now thinking for themselves. To further push his creations to think for themselves, the Creator tells them they must leave the Garden. They must be removed from a clearly-defined, safe, and predictable environment, and they must now go out into an environment that's the polar opposite of Eden - an unsafe and perilous place where their survival is dependent on their ability to think for themselves. The Creator instilled into his creations the instinct to value and protect and preserve their mortal bodies, but still let them retain the awareness that they're more than just self-animated fleshballs, they're really spirits in a physical frame.

Expelled and on their own, Adam and Eve take this knowledge and begin hacking out an existence for themselves in this mortal plane.

As time goes on, Adam and Eve's children do quite well for themselves, physically. Using the strength and motivation they attained from following the word of God, they master food, shelter, medicine, and eventually begin to not only dominate the earth, but even begin stepping out into the stars.

But along the way, the Creator's children forgot their Creator. In their zeal to master the physical world, his distracted children lost sight of what they were designed to be - beautiful, happy, kind, and creative creatures building their own Garden. This is due to the the Creator's opposite - the Adversary.

Story Two - The Adversary

The Adversary is one of the Creator's children, in fact he's his first creation. Beautiful and smart, the Adversary is a god himself, having traversed through the mortal plane and ascended to spiritual form. But the Adversary turned his back on the Creator, considering himself to be the Creator's equal. But in his hubris and jealousy, he's instead the Creator's opposite, the destroyer of things. Convinced that he's better than the Creator, jealous of the Creator's other children, the Adversary thrives on destroying not only the Creator's children but their creations as well. Threatened by these other creations, the Adversary attempts to prevent all of them from ever becoming beautiful, happy, kind, and creative spirits, working in every way to destroy them. Sometimes he works from outside, sometimes he works from within. He knows their weaknesses.

The Creator allows this to continue. As all of his creations must traverse through the physical plane, and once the hazards of the physical environment are overcome with knowledge, technology, and other mortal endeavors that smooth out the rough edges of physical existence, the purpose of the physical plane must remain - a proving ground for self-awareness and the capacity to exercise free will. As such, the challenges that his creations must face in this new Garden of Eden will be even more focused on self-awareness and free will, thanks to the efforts of the Adversary, who is constantly presenting challenges and obstacles to the Creator's children.

Story Three - The Christ

As the spirit and the body of his creations may often contradict or overshadow one another, and as the Adversary will work on beguiling and destroying the bodies and spirits of his creations, the Creator sent to earth a messenger, a beacon, a guidepost to all of his creations. The Christ, living the life of an ordinary man, facing the challenges of ordinary men, asking the questions of ordinary men, the Christ will do one thing different than ordinary men, he will not doubt. He will never waver in his devotion to the Creator, never doubt his trust in him, nor vary in the teachings of the Creator, where kindness, compassion, and love should be the basis for all actions. The Christ shall suffer in full view of everyone, with ample opportunities to choose the ways of the Adversary and revoke the Creator, to lie to save himself, or to hate those that betrayed him. Instead, he died in glorious fashion as he had lived - following the Creator. As such, the Christ's existence has meaning for all who came after him, as a source of strength, as an example of courage, and as a testament to kindness and compassion.

And like... that's it.

The end.

/Bible

The rest of the stuff in there just kinda distracts from the message:
  • You are not just a meatsack
  • Remember your Creator
  • The world and its contents are not the point of your existence

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
210 - 10-10-2018, 16:22
LDS?

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
211 - 10-10-2018, 16:27
I mean it sounds like LDS. I could be wrong.. but if it is.... you ain't supposed to use social media for 10 days remember?

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
212 - 10-10-2018, 16:37
I think the official term is Taxiology.

Pretty sure.

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
213 - 10-10-2018, 16:37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post
Correct as in consistent with reality. Correct as in "the Earth orbits the Sun" correct.

And it's not even getting granular yet. I'm just asking you if you have a good reason to believe the things you believe.
lol this noob believes that copernican heliocentric nonsense

#Sad!

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
214 - 10-10-2018, 16:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
supertrap tryin to convince us all he's a funnny guy lmao
he made u laff tho

cael
VeteranXX
Old
215 - 10-10-2018, 16:39
dang that is true

SuicideTaxi
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
216 - 10-10-2018, 16:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeus View Post

Sorry you keep getting lost in the thread clutter.

Spirituality is not science.

If you're asking me to scientifically prove something, you're asking me to do something that is impossible to do, so... it's a fool's errand.

Science is very good at explaining the how's, but it's fairly abysmal at explaining the why's.

Gravity, black holes, nebulas, stars, chemical reactions, alternate universes even... brilliant scientific minds can explain how much of all that works.

What a single one of them can't explain yet is why it's there in the first place.

Last edited by SuicideTaxi; 10-10-2018 at 16:59..
cael
VeteranXX
Old
217 - 10-10-2018, 16:52
i can explain it

jesus put them there when he made the dinosaurs to ride on

it's so easy to explain, all you gotta do is read the bible

Amadeus
VeteranXX
Old
218 - 10-10-2018, 16:59
Quote:
Sorry you keep getting lost in the thread clutter.

Spirituality is not science.

If you're asking me to scientifically prove something, you're asking me to do something that is impossible to do, so... it's a fool's errand.

Science is very good at explaining the how's, but it's fairly abysmal at explaining the why's.

Gravity, black holes, nebulas, stars, chemical reactions, alternate universes even... brilliant scientific minds can explain how much of how that all works.

What it can't explain is why it's there in the first place.
I'm not necessarily asking you to scientifically prove anything, I'm asking you if you have a good reason to think that we live in a reality where a deity of some kind exists. This is a simple yes/no question. Do you?

Edofnor
VeteranXX
Old
219 - 10-10-2018, 17:08
yes i do b/c absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence

i'll get back 2u after i consult ted haggard 4 more info

havax
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
220 - 10-10-2018, 17:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by cael View Post
i can explain it

jesus put them there when he made the dinosaurs to ride on

it's so easy to explain, all you gotta do is read the bible
it's like he's stuck on troll mode

Page 11 of 77

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Have ya ever met a happy atheist?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
gay for jesus , hail satan , hfs was this made by ants