The Orville Season 2

I've done a search for Top SiFy shows. Watched the pilot episode of Black Orphan. Then looked at the plot summaries and reviews for each season on Rotten Tomatoes and said Naaa. I'm looking for a space show like the Expanse. All the others are based on Earth or they're older shows. They actually charge to watch Battlestar Galactic but I can probably watch that on Cinema TV for free.

Recently switched my AT&T phone plan to Unlimited and More. I get 35 free channels called "Watch TV" which works on an iPhone or the Firestick, one device at a time. They reduced my rate because I kept all my phone lines. I'm getting $10 off per phone line and I have 3, supposed to be $111 per month.
ATT WatchTV Live TV at a Very Low Price
ATT Unlimited Data Plans Give You More with Free Live TV

Funny, I ended up watching Galaxy Quest 1999 on the BBC America channel.

Last edited:
Great episode.
Spoiler

Next week we get the last episode of Gotham, and the final episode of The Orville for the season.

Last edited:
dang just when i was getting bored w it they drop an ep like that w that twist ending fuck me

Great episode it will be interesting to see how they deal with the ripples! I forgave the horrible wig because Kelly looked hot.

Interesting article about shows being cancelled on Netflix.
https://www.simplemost.com/all-the-shows-netflix-has-canceled/2/?lvl=opt2&utm_content=sulpbup
Most only last 1-3 years. Here's ratings for The Orville.
The Orville TV show on FOX: Ratings (Cancel or Season 3?) - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale
Looks like the numbers dropped, which sucks. Here's all the shows on Fox.
FOX 2018-19 Season Ratings (updated 4/22/19) - canceled TV shows - TV Series Finale
I never tracked this stuff until now. The Resident is good, I watch it. Don't care for 911. The Orville should get season 3, but after that it's hard to say. The Orville needs eye candy instead of being the Bortus show and SJW crap.

Last edited:
Final episode of the season.
Yes, Yes, Yes. Why can't the entire series be like that? Was like a Star Wars movie with the chase scenes.

Why don't more people watch? The show is only getting 3.17 million viewers. Where are all the nerds? They'll go watch Avengers. I don't get it.

Last edited:
If you find a pair of rigid globes stuffed under her skin appealing, I guess...

I don't know how I can push thru, but I will survive.

i mean fake tits... yuck am i rite?

jenn.jpg

Last edited:
I watched "Ready Player One" on Cinema TV. It was a great concept with people being transported to another world (Virtual Reality), but another example of a SiFy movie that only did fair at the box office and reviews on RT. This sucks because I like these movies but the General Public (GP) doesn't seem to care for SiFy.

No one has made a full virtual "world" where people hang out, instead it's still FB or Twatter on the net. It was neat seeing all the 70s and 80s references of games, music, and all the old stuff when computers started. Virtual Reality really hasn't caught on, maybe it's the cost of the head set, I don't have one. But it keeps appearing in movies, and you have to wonder when it's going to catch on. Someone is going to be super rich when they make a VR world where everyone goes, and they can charge for advertising like a google or YouTube. Then again, the world we live in is Virtual to me, it's just that we haven't found the red pill to get out.

Last edited:
Cable Television is all but dead.

Fewer and fewer people are watching TV on a conventional cable subscription. If your show is depending on airtime, like The Orville, you have an uphill battle. Not only just producing content people want to watch, but also good enough that they'll make time to sit in front of the TV at a specific point in the week to watch it.

I don't have cable TV anymore. I have to watch The Orville online from the local station provider, which only streams the latest 2 episodes... with advertising... and low resolution. This also effects the ratings because of some shinanigans that go into calculating the number of viewers, they weight the numbers heavily on the day it airs, so people like me who watch online several days later don't count as much, or at all in the ratings. They want to see as many people watching at a given time, the bigger that audience, the more impact the advertising and the more money it is worth. Or, at least that's my best guess. Same numbers stretched out over a week, less impact, less money.

I like The Orville, but it doesn't excite me enough to go out of my way to put up with cable TV. If The Orville was on Netflix or Amazon, even if it was weekly episodes, it would do a lot better numbers. It would be a no brainer for me.

That... and I think they lost a little momentum with me and all those awkward Bortis episodes.

Last edited:
Cable Television is all but dead.
Great explanation. I also cut the cord. I'd say many people are streaming, which is called IPTV. So the entire cable pool where the ratings are coming from would be less. This is verified because there's articles saying the NBA and NHL playoff ratings are down. I can't see the NHL playoffs, and won't see the NBA games until they are on ABC. When I look at the links I posted above about weekly TV shows, they're down across the board as well.

You are correct about watching a TV show live verses after the fact with no commercials. I'll watch the Orville live because it's my favorite, but everything else can be streamed from Cinema TV on my Firestick. Amazon Prime has a lot of stuff, but the most popular, they want you to pay for it, so I go to Cinema TV at that point. I'd rather watch without the commercials, then an hour episode is 40 minutes, plus I can skip the fluff talk (speeches), and then it's even less.

Last edited:
Back