He walked. Law applied as intended.

Got a prob with that then change the law

Sponsored Links
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
42 - 07-22-2018, 12:41
I would say you prob need to look at what stand your ground means.. other states require you to run before you can defend yourself

Austforbeer
VeteranXX
Old
43 - 07-22-2018, 12:41
The dude was stepping back when the gun came out. It should at least go to trial.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
44 - 07-22-2018, 12:46
after the assault happened. Stand your ground means you can defend yourself without fulfilling other prerequisites

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
45 - 07-22-2018, 12:47
such as fleeing first.. which again.. the law requires in other states

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
46 - 07-22-2018, 12:48
I would hope when they passed a law called "stand your ground" they knew what they were passing

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
47 - 07-22-2018, 13:01
I will also say that me, personally, I would not shoot over a shove. But that is me and I am not the ccw holder in that situtation. The law says he can do what he did. If the law needs to be changed then work to change it. As the law passed and is intended, the ccw holder did nothing wrong

edit: and if he broke no laws, there can be no trial

Last edited by SuperTrap; 07-22-2018 at 13:10..
Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
48 - 07-22-2018, 13:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brasstax View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nFtxkJ7ywg

In theory I get this. I even support it. But - when I watch how this went down in the video - it makes me pause.

1) So - could the kid have walked up to the old dude and shot him claiming stand my ground because he was protecting his vehicle and family? So - he pushes the guy instead of blasting him - gets killed for that and everything is OK?

Let's discuss.
Let's get the story straight before discussing anything:

1.) Handicap spots shouldn't exist in the first place
2.) Entitled black woman parks in handicap spot so her boyfriend/husband can go get something in the store
3.) 47-year-old *****es at the black woman for parking there
4.) ****** woman gets out of her vehicle to confront the 47yo
5.) Violent male ****** comes out and blind-side shoves the man to the ground
6.) On the ground, the 47yo pulls out gun and shoots the still semi-aggressive ****** male who upon seeing the gun, backs up a foot or two, but it's too late

#1 is the most important here. ADA is bull**** and should be abolished.

Secondly, you don't have the right to attack someone because they did or didn't call your girlfriend a ****** or something for parking illegally.

Do you realize you can easily die from being blind-side shoved like that? Crack your skull open on the ground or land on a curb badly and get paralyzed.

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ATTACK SOMEONE OUT OF THE BLUE. If do you, you take on the risk of the person using extreme force to defend themselves.

No other discussion is worthy of debate.

Last edited by Validuz; 07-22-2018 at 13:20..
epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
49 - 07-22-2018, 13:18
i agree

fuk ppl in wheelchairs that need space to wheel theyre bull**** all over us

flaunting their 'look at me i dont have 2 walk'

its bullshi

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
50 - 07-22-2018, 13:19
Yeah... if you are disabled, injured or sick you should have to park at the back.

I think what you meant was they need to stop handing out placards like candy

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
51 - 07-22-2018, 13:20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austforbeer View Post
The dude was stepping back when the gun came out. It should at least go to trial.
No, retard. What if he was running back to his car to get a gun, or simply to just get in a defensive position to shoot from? How is someone rightfully defending themselves supposed to know this?

God damn, use your ****ing brain.

Validuz
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
52 - 07-22-2018, 13:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic View Post
fuk ppl in wheelchairs that need space to wheel theyre bull**** all over us

flaunting their 'look at me i dont have 2 walk'
99% of people with the handicap stickers aren't handicapped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
Yeah... if you are disabled, injured or sick you should have to park at the back.

I think what you meant was they need to stop handing out placards like candy
No, I meant what I said. 99% of the time they aren't used.

Yes, they are giving those things out like candy, but how many people are ACTUALLY disabled (unable to walk, not "I hurt my back once") AND ACTUALLY going out to the store? I can on one hand the time I've seen someone in a wheelchair (that wasn't just a fatass) in the past 5+ years.

Once. One time. One time have I seen someone who actually needed the parking space in front of a store. They we're actually using a wheelchair that they needed. We really forcing every store to have disabled parking for these ratios? 1/1,000,000 visitors needs it? Ludicrous, wasteful, stupid. The disabled have people go for them.

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
53 - 07-22-2018, 13:34
Meh.. if you say so. I am callous but I am also logical and realistic. Plenty of legitimate disabled folk out there. How many amputees alone from iraq?

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
54 - 07-22-2018, 13:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
That is the second person that was shot in the area this week over something stupid.

Around Tuesday ( i think) a guy was just release from prison in mid june walked into an indian gas station, and walked out with 3 cases of beer without paying. The owner and son go after, son brings a gun. The guy doesn't fight just put the beer in his car and tries to take off. The son fires into the car, hitting the thief in the arm and chest, he was in crit condition.

However the shooter was charged with second degree attempted murder. Over $36 worth of cheap beer

If it's a clear case of stealing and you don't stop when you're caught and try to take off ... You might get justifiably shot

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
55 - 07-22-2018, 13:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post

Do you realize you can easily die from being blind-side shoved like that? Crack your skull open on the ground or land on a curb badly and get paralyzed.
I don't think many of you are old yet. Yes you can do permanent damage to somebody if they fall. I'm real careful about injuries nowadays because they take a lot longer to heal and I've got some surfing to do left in my life, but it only takes one injury to ruin my hopes of the future. Don't shove me to the ground, there might be consequences.

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
56 - 07-22-2018, 14:20
wow, val raging over disability privilege vs having to walk a few extra feet
the huge manatee

uno
VeteranXX
Old
57 - 07-22-2018, 14:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
Here's a hypothetical question: If the older guy didn't have a CCW would he have confronted a younger guy in the same manner?

It's an interesting thought because if you know you have a gun and you know the law will protect you if someone attacks then you may end up creating scenarios that otherwise wouldn't have played out at all. The desire to carry a loaded weapon as a civilian is already a forfeit of objectivity.

The reverse can easily be true and CCWs could de-escalate and prevent harm. But even that requires drawing a loaded weapon with intent to use it. I don't think that's something the average human can determine when they're the subject in such a given scenario
Lol your logic is ****ing nuts. Ya, old timer was just looking to start trouble and shoot someone. Just completely ignore what started it to begin with. You require the current government to protect your soft ass. You would not have survived 150+ years ago. ****ing pussies like you is the reason our kids will be speaking Chinese, Russian and Spanish.

Ixiterra
VeteranXV
Old
58 - 07-22-2018, 14:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrap View Post
I would point out that is is completely legal for someone who has a ccw permit to ccw. It is also always illegal to assault someone
remember that "assault" simply means to make someone else fear that you might harm them. if he was acting in a threatening way to the woman at the car, he would be guilty of assault and that might raise the question as to whether or not the dude pushing him down was (somewhat) justified

I think this happened a month ago or something right? so I assume the police determined that he did not assault the woman, but you definitely can't tell that from the video

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
59 - 07-22-2018, 14:45
If nothing else it is a good deterrent for bad behavior. I am willing to bet people act more civil for a couple of more hours after this news wears off

SeVeReD
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
60 - 07-22-2018, 14:52
Is that what a salt stands for really? I would think the old adage applies: Sticks and Stones can break my bones but words will never harm me?

Page 3 of 16

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page TW - I have some problems with this

Social Website Bullshit