TW - I have some problems with this

That is not really a good explanation for it being stupid. I would counter with if in this case had Drejka been openly carrying his gun, he may never have been shoved in the first place. Because of his actions he may still do jail time if the State decides to charge him. Same with Zimmerman, he may never of been jumped had Martin saw that he was packing when he decided he was done with midget man stalking him.

Personally I would love to see every law abiding citizen open carry. Imagine the effect that would have on the crime rate.

I also see where concealed carry maybe desirable. I don’t see either as stupid.

But that's the argument of everyone that wants to open carry. "B-b-b-ut if they see i'm armed, then they won't commit crimes'

Yeah, they see cops are armed, but still try to take a run at them. In reality if you are armed, you are the biggest immediate target and will be dealt with first, and the attacker knows who you are, you have no idea who they are.

And there really isn't any reason anyone needs to roll through the neighborhood strapped with a long rifle.

Open carry is so stupid
This x 100.

Concealed carry can go anywhere, legally or otherwise. Open carry can't go into many businesses and if you're trying to go to a job, well, you're not. Almost no company would allow that, regardless of your rights. This means you either leave your gun in your car, or just don't carry it 5/7 days, which would be quite pointless.

Concealed doesn't scare people, you aren't the main target, and it can't easily be used as intimidation.

sort of reminds me of those neckbearded autists that were trotting all over with ar15's and shotguns at target and starbucks

jfc

open carry is silly because the only attention it draws is negative and unnecessary conversation with people that are misinformed

not because it makes you an immediate target

i used to believe that, open carrying around here ppl just think you're off duty or a det, even shitskins think twice about shooting a cop. only other situation is a mass shooting in which being targetted for OC is just as unlucky as being in a mass casualty event itself.

im glad indiana remains red in a sea of blue. castle doctrine, stand your ground, etc are laws that actually provide deterrence. this wouldnt even be a headline if race wasnt a factor

exercising your rights is a good enough reason and the only reason you need

Yeah, and thats the exact thing that stirs up everyone in that neighborhood to go vote the next time it comes up on the ballot and now you can't carry ANY firearm...but hey, it felt good exercising that right for all 5 minutes didn't it

Yeah, and thats the exact thing that stirs up everyone in that neighborhood to go vote the next time it comes up on the ballot and now you can't carry ANY firearm...but hey, it felt good exercising that right for all 5 minutes didn't it

It's a good thing it's the supreme court, not the knee jerk reaction assholes like you, who get to decide what people can and can't do with their firearms

Edit: it's because people don't exercise their rights often enough that you end up losing them. Because people aren't accustomed to seeing a dude walking down the street with a rifle, they don't even know that it's legal to do, that they fucking freak out and call the police. You've effectively already lost the right at that point, or teetering on the edge of losing it.

Last edited:
i wonder if a zealot like skittlebrew walks around with his straps and ar's on his back

I don't need to. where I live people aren't a bunch of cucks freaking out every time they see a gun. I was in Subway the other day and there was an old farmer looking dude with a revolver tucked into this belt a few people ahead of me. Nobody fucking cared.

Rifles in the gun racks in the trucks in the school parking lots. Kids go hunting after class.

Last edited:
i saw people every day with pistols holstered at fry's in arizona, no1 cares

but ur talking about carrying rifles on your back and walking into bed bath and beyond and acting like normal people arent going to have a reaction to that

Last edited:
the i need to walk around looking like para military is equally fucking retarded as the gun control nuts

ur a goofy spaz

Back