Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Game of Thrones Season 2
Page 14 of 90
SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
261 - 04-11-2012, 13:07
Moat Cailin is surrounded by bogs and ****.

Sponsored Links
Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
262 - 04-11-2012, 13:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSlayer View Post
And i still have no idea where ****ing asshai is
It's on your asschee.

RallyKazoo
VeteranXV
Old
263 - 04-11-2012, 13:22
Asshai is super far east I think, where the edge of the map would be.

The shaaaaadooooooowww, creeeeeepyyyyyy, when the **** is anybody going to go there?

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
264 - 04-11-2012, 13:40
No one is going to go there in two books unless they learn how to teleport travel like the dragons in the Pern series.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
265 - 04-11-2012, 13:45
shadow?

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
266 - 04-11-2012, 13:50
Ice-nature and fire-shadow. I think there are only two. If there are 4 it would be Ice, fire, shadow, and nature.

You kow, Martin really plays around with the plots and stuff almost as bad as Jordan did.

It's a book series, not reality theater.

Last edited by SecretSquirrel; 04-11-2012 at 13:58..
SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
267 - 04-11-2012, 13:55
I'm almost half way through book 5. Hoping to learn more about the doom of Valyria

RallyKazoo
VeteranXV
Old
268 - 04-11-2012, 13:59
I heard Valyria has some nice roads.

Rosencrantz
VeteranX
Old
269 - 04-11-2012, 14:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBatesAlot View Post
I'm almost half way through book 5. Hoping to learn more about the doom of Valyria
Two out of two handmaids agree:

Dragons were fed too much baked beans.

It is known.
It is known.

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
270 - 04-11-2012, 15:30
Valyria is one of those places on the corner of the map. It's supposed to be mysterious and foreign, therefore you will never hear much about it.

Its mythos bears some resemblance to Atlantis and Crete, and the sea people. I think there is also an Irish or Galic legend about a sunken island/land in the North Sea.

The horn deal seems to come straight out of Moorcrock's Elric sagas, and I think he used a horn to wake the dragons for the last battle in the series.

There is not a lot of information coming out about Valyria. If all the free cities are colonies or legacies of it, it seems like there would be more info. There is some information in Arya's Braavos pov's. Dragonstone kind of resembles Leiber's Quarmall to me.

If there is a personification of Ice and Fire, it will be through the monsters that inhabit the series in a way kind of like the Titans of the Greek pantheon of gods. People over at the main site seem to spend all their time trying to figure out who is ice and who is fire, and don't get that what they are actually reading is the emerging seven aspects of the true god through characters in the series, just as they did in the age of heroes.

It is known.

It is known.

Last edited by SecretSquirrel; 04-11-2012 at 15:32..
Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
271 - 04-11-2012, 15:49
what

MeSlayer
VeteranXV
Old
272 - 04-11-2012, 22:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel View Post
People over at the main site seem to spend all their time trying to figure out who is ice and who is fire, and don't get that what they are actually reading is the emerging seven aspects of the true god through characters in the series, just as they did in the age of heroes.
What the hell you cant just leave it at that

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE *click*

MADness
VeteranX
Old
273 - 04-12-2012, 03:26
Valyria is NOT distant from Westeros.

It is actually west (closer to Westeros) of Slaver Bay (Mereen, Astapor, Yunkai, Ghis) and way closer than Qarth (which seems to be similar to the pillars of hercules in that it sits on the narrow pass where traffic passes to the far east and asshai.

There are several mentions of how traffic from Slaver's Bay to the west coast of Essos (the eastern continent) like Braavos, Pentos and Myr has to swing out to avoid the ruins of Valyria.

The reason that most of the nations of Valyria talk about the Valyrian roads is because it was sort of smack dab in the middle of the southern coast of the continent. Volantis to the west of it (and Myr, Pentos, etc. WAY west of even Volantis) and the cities of Slaver's Bay to the east of it.

Last edited by MADness; 04-12-2012 at 03:31..
SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
274 - 04-12-2012, 03:37
ok, let's get back on track to what's going on this season. One of Dany's bloodriders' is murdered? That isn't in the ****ing book. **** is up with that. It's not like her kahelesaar is any position to avenge that murder. I hate when they make up drama where there isn't any.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
275 - 04-12-2012, 03:40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosencrantz View Post
Two out of two handmaids agree:

Dragons were fed too much baked beans.

It is known.
It is known.
The dragon roads, wait no, THE DEMON ROADS.

So I'm more than half way through book 5. My theory on Valryia is that they were really advanced, controlled dragons and such. Then ****ing bang, super ****ing volcano erupts and ****s up everything.

Much like in yellowstone.

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
276 - 04-12-2012, 03:42
Valyria is underwater. When lord Rogy Lannister invents a dragon-powered submarine in the 28th book, you will get your first real look at it through his pov.

SirBatesAlot
VeteranX
Old
277 - 04-12-2012, 04:10
THE DOOM of VALRYIA

Pengo
VeteranXV
Old
278 - 04-12-2012, 04:38
I've been watching through the Dr. Who seasons on netflix and discovered a familiar voice.

Jorah Mormont is a sergeant of some sort. Season 5, ep 4 and 5 of Dr. Who (2010)

He has a very distinctive voice

Osiris
VeteranXV
Old
279 - 04-12-2012, 05:28
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADness View Post
Valyria is NOT distant from Westeros.

It is actually west (closer to Westeros) of Slaver Bay (Mereen, Astapor, Yunkai, Ghis) and way closer than Qarth (which seems to be similar to the pillars of hercules in that it sits on the narrow pass where traffic passes to the far east and asshai.

There are several mentions of how traffic from Slaver's Bay to the west coast of Essos (the eastern continent) like Braavos, Pentos and Myr has to swing out to avoid the ruins of Valyria.

The reason that most of the nations of Valyria talk about the Valyrian roads is because it was sort of smack dab in the middle of the southern coast of the continent. Volantis to the west of it (and Myr, Pentos, etc. WAY west of even Volantis) and the cities of Slaver's Bay to the east of it.
Just check the map bro.

About book 4-5
 Map really helps by actually placing Yunkai, Mereen and Astapor for the Daenerys storyline 

MeSlayer
VeteranXV
Old
280 - 04-12-2012, 10:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBatesAlot View Post
ok, let's get back on track to what's going on this season. One of Dany's bloodriders' is murdered? That isn't in the ****ing book. **** is up with that. It's not like her kahelesaar is any position to avenge that murder. I hate when they make up drama where there isn't any.
The actor had like a better gig waiting

so he dead

its not like generic bloodrider actually does anything other than add swarthy foreign-ness to danys story

Page 14 of 90

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Official] Game of Thrones Season 2

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
give me back my son , they took my castle , they took my chain , they took my dragons , they took my iron throne , they took my peach , they took my son