The Witcher 2

They greatly change it. It's a very beautiful game. I'll probably finish The first game before coming back to it.

Game looks pretty amazing with everything maxed. Only thing I can't have on is Ubersampling, that kills my fps. I had to changed my sound to 5.1 from 7.1, had no sound with 7.1.

Combat is definitely revamped, can't just spam an attack and win, have to be a bit more strategic and time your attacks, dodges, and parries. Also can't drink potions in combat (or I haven't found a way to) which I don't really like.

About half-way through prologue and I have to say you can tell a lot of care went into this game unlike DA2 which was just a money grab piece of shit.

Doesnt this one have quick time events?

There's been a few quick time events so far, like to interact with objects, and to arm wrestle..

Last edited:
well my computer has issues, Downloaded from D2D. Everything is fucking blurry as hell on any setting...

set the textures up on high and everything and nothing fixes it, the textures look like they're 64x64 pixels stretched over everything and the ground textures are gridded like some people had in Brink

ATI HD 5870

im playing it on high setting (not ultra high or whatnot) and it blows da2 out of the water. there is a ridiculous amount of detail (almost too much).

one thing i dont really like right off the bat is the way you interact with shit like loot drops and chest and such. you have to be like RIGHT on top of them, then click the mouse and then hit the space bar to loot everything. it's annoying and its easy to miss stuff with the insane amount of crap laying all over the place.

combat is so-so..but like the first one it takes some getting used to i guess. the escape from the dungeon part you see in the trailers was pretty fun...kinda like a cross between a first person rpg and something akin to splinter cell. you can blow out torches, hide behind stuff, peek around corners etc.

graphically if you want to see what your system can handle this is the game to get for sure.

im at the first town and my inventory is already full i have like 20+ of some alchemy/crafting ingredients and i duno if i should sell em or wat

Brew some pots bro. Always sell the extra shit too. If you pick up every little thing then you're gonna be full all the time.

My PC (Radeon 5770, 4gb ram, 2 core AMD 3.2ghz) is doing just fine on medium settings. I'll probably try high next time I load it up.

well my computer has issues, Downloaded from D2D. Everything is fucking blurry as hell on any setting...

set the textures up on high and everything and nothing fixes it, the textures look like they're 64x64 pixels stretched over everything and the ground textures are gridded like some people had in Brink

ATI HD 5870

I've noticed some texture popping like Mass Effect 1 had. Maybe your HD textures aren't "popping in" properly. I'd check google and if no one else has a solution then just try changing the different settings in advanced video settings.

Is anyone else having problems importing the saves from Witcher 1?

They know you didn't pay for the game and are playing a pirated copy since your mom refused to pay $45 for the pre-order even though you offered to do extra chores around the house.

i'm only about 2-3 hours into the witcher 1, but am definitely planning on getting this. probably after getting a new video card too.

also need to finish mass effect 2, dragon age 1, and fallout new vegas
anybody who says there aren't any good games these days is a cynical retard

Just plow through the early part of Witcher 1. The outskirts are pretty lame but it really picks up once you get to Vizima.

i'm only about 2-3 hours into the witcher 1, but am definitely planning on getting this. probably after getting a new video card too.

also need to finish mass effect 2, dragon age 1, and fallout new vegas
anybody who says there aren't any good games these days is a cynical retard

each one of the games you just listed has a cool novelty, and is really fun in the first few hours, but you'll find it hard to finish each.

I got farther in Witcher than the other 3 you listed, but those are still pretty bad games. they'll all crumble on hour 5 when its SSDD for the next 20 hours.

not saying there arent good games out but they are def rare.

Back