Death Punch Studios filling positions.

dare couldn't code his way out of a paper bag or reverse engineer himself down a flight of stairs, there's no real technical fault he could have actually seen beyond making stuff up so that others might think his opinion is significant or that he knows what he's talking about

he saw nofix post his opinion and figured he could copy it and attempt to sound smart in front of the other forumites

this is similar to what jm5k does when it comes to spewing drivel in hopes that others dont call them out on it

yeah andrew was dumb
nofix hating and dare jumping on the bandwagon
i have little doubt that dare could not actually comprehend what he read (not that it was technical reading)

Right - because all engines have the same characteristics.

Not hating at all. I just think it's hilarious that anyone would ever suggest that it's possible to rip Tribes physics and miraculously copy / paste them ( more or less the suggestion being made ) into another engine. Yeah! That's exactly how it works!

did you read the blog? the code is *supposed* to be pseudo-code (initially it looks to be pseudo-code then it looks like he just copy pasted working code), to give a general idea of how the physics behave. he describes the nature of the disc jump, the causes of ski bugs, the little quirk difference between jump jetting and jetting alone, the reduction in friction which allows for "skiing", etc.

if someone is dumb enough to copy everything "by value" such as ticks, distances, and constants, then they shouldn't be designing a game off a new engine anyway

i mean having extra working knowledge can never truly be harmful, at the worst it can be useless but at the best it can be extremely useful in getting things just right

and let's say the information posted in his blog is limited in how it can be applied to other engines, it looks like it was good enough to make a pleasing ET:QW video which people went nuts over at the time

Last edited:
Like I said, more or less the suggestion being made. It's USELESS babble. WORTHLESS to anyone not ANDREW.

what is the suggestion being made

that lee might be able to use the information?

You do understand the ET:QW video was made by andrew ... I hope. And I guarantee it wasn't made after reading at his blog. Not to mention he has Tribes source, and many other things no one else has access to.

yes i am aware it was made by andrew (it's posted at the end of the blog), which is why for someone clueless like dare to shit on andrew's opinion is entirely unfounded, he's merely riding your jock

also, that blog (and video) are really old, long before 1.40 or IA were even in the picture

and i don't doubt that lee is probably too incompetent to make use of that information, but i don't think it hurts to post it

the physics for lee's game hardly even matter anyway, his end goal is an emulation of ultra ren, the game with infinite jets and speed boosts , ammo and no actual skiing

i've always held the same opinion with regards to when people make large attempts on big projects or community revivals

if you think it'll work, good for you - if you don't, i don't fault you. but if you don't, i don't see what there is to gain for shitting on another person's attempts, it takes no time out of my day to watch him fail, if someone wants to try to run scrim teams or a draft or create a mod or a movie, go for it - you (not you specifically nofix) don't have to help, but i see no reason for someone to try to tear down and rip apart what the guy is trying to do other than some personal grudge of chip on their shoulder

for example, dare's whole "base scrim teams" was another waste of time, and i'm sure most of us saw it coming, but its not like we lost anything for humoring his idea

Point being - the guy who created the video also created the blog. Show me one instance of someone taking the information from the blog and using it in another engine. Right. You can't.

how many people have even tried?

your beef with andrew is funny

"how dare you think something andrew posted may be useful - even though andrew says this is the same information he used to replicate the physics, hes probably lying to deceive everyone and is hiding further knowledge"

i've always held the same opinion with regards to when people make large attempts on big projects or community revivals

if you think it'll work, good for you - if you don't, i don't fault you. but if you don't, i don't see what there is to gain for shitting on another person's attempts, it takes no time out of my day to watch him fail, if someone wants to try to run scrim teams or a draft or create a mod or a movie, go for it - you (not you specifically nofix) don't have to help, but i see no reason for someone to try to tear down and rip apart what the guy is trying to do other than some personal grudge of chip on their shoulder

for example, dare's whole "base scrim teams" was another waste of time, and i'm sure most of us saw it coming, but its not like we lost anything for humoring his idea

I agree.

My first post in this thread:
Go for it man. If you can find the time to pursue something you want to do, why not ...

Despite that, the whole T1 Physics Andrew Blog thing always gets me.

i guess i just don't see the harm in posting the blog, maybe you do

agree to disagree

how many people have even tried?

your beef with andrew is funny

"how dare you think something andrew posted may be useful"

My beef? What beef? I've said the guy's a genius like a thousand times. I love the guy for what he's done. I'm on good terms with andrew. It doesn't mean I can't laugh at the suggestion of how physics are portable, transferable, copy and pasted, etc.

You really don't know anything about my relationship with andrew. During beta, our dialogue was nothing but professional. I have my issues, like everyone, however, the physics blog is just dumb. Sorry.

I will just state that I have found Andrews blog useful and have already put it to use.

The code is not directly useful of course, as all engines are different, but seeing how things are done is definitely helpful.

Lee.. Seriously..

ejection-seat-af-acesii_1_-375x254.jpg

Get some UI help from Milk and Groove and literally ignore everyone else here. This is like Dodge City in the wild west only full of nerdy elitists and losers. Leave. Leave and never come back. Do not listen to anyone here.

i guess i just don't see the harm in posting the blog, maybe you do

agree to disagree

No harm.

Just remembered the ET:QW Tribes mod was released about a year or two ago. It didn't go over that well. The physics weren't that great. The video in Andrews blog looked much better than it actually felt. T:V's videos also looked much better than they actually felt, but it actually felt. T:V felt better than the ET:QW Tribes mod.

Back