So, uhmm, help? I just don't know what to do anymore [LONG]

I'm pretty impressed on all of the good advice in this thread. Can't really give anything that hasn't already been said.

I have been in the dumps before too, and trying to get better at the whole social interaction thing. Just think of it as a clean slate with the next year or two proving to yourself that you can get back on track.

I am quiet.
I am socially awkward.
I am afraid of standing up for myself.
I have no friends.
I have no girlfriends.
I don't have any connections.
All of that comes from this one thing:
I just really have no idea what the hell to do at this point.

Figure out who you are. Figure out what you want to do with your life. It may take weeks or even years. Some lucky people have just always known exactly what they want in life.

Fuckers.

Doing this will get you what you need most - CONFIDENCE. However long it takes you, just be sure its based on a deep sense of who you are. When you walk in step with who you truly are, there is no reason to give a shit about what anyone thinks of you. Unless you enjoy self-hatred and being miserable over things you can't change. Get out of your comfort zone and get some DAMNED SOCIAL SKILLS.

Last edited:
^confidence is the key... and don't let what ever asshole on tw says to you bother you.

THE SCHOOL SITUATION
Apply for student loans or fasfa... it helps! and with most student loans you don't need to pay until after you graduate (some you can even pay the interest while attending school).

THE WORK SITUATION
Stand up! You will never move anywhere if you're just going to be the person sitting in the back. No matter what job... No one likes someone that is anti-social. Especially with fellow co-workers.

THE BIKE SITUATION
I would keep it (only because I used to work for Harley Davidson). If you don't have a girlfriend, or an elderly person to drive around... then a bike is the perfect transportation. Use the bike to your advantage... don't let the bike take advantage of you. Also, do not mess up on this bike loan... once you screw this up your credit will get shot (if repo'd) and further loans you apply for will be hard to get.

THE ANTI SOCIAL SITUATION
I've seen the dorkiest people make friends... simply because they are social and comfortable with themselves. Try and dress better (if you don't) and start exercising... you can look fit, but if you don't feel fit then that can also be the reason to being anti-social.

btw, i know someone who was 23... working minimum wage, then got fed up... became a social person and began making friends. soon enough that friend offered him a well paying job at about $14.00 an hour and after two years working for him he is now making over 80k a year. (about 20k worth of commissions)

i didn't read anyone's reply... so if i repeated it... then maybe that is a good thing!

Last edited:
^confidence is the key... and don't let what ever asshole on tw says to you bother you.

THE SCHOOL SITUATION
Apply for student loans or fasfa... it helps! and with most student loans you don't need to pay until after you graduate (some you can even pay the interest while attending school).

THE WORK SITUATION
Stand up! You will never move anywhere if you're just going to be the person sitting in the back. No matter what job... No one likes someone that is anti-social. Especially with fellow co-workers.

THE BIKE SITUATION
I would keep it (only because I used to work for Harley Davidson). If you don't have a girlfriend, or an elderly person to drive around... then a bike is the perfect transportation. Use the bike to your advantage... don't let the bike take advantage of you. Also, do not mess up on this bike loan... once you screw this up your credit will get shot (if repo'd) and further loans you apply for will be hard to get.

THE ANTI SOCIAL SITUATION
I've seen the dorkiest people make friends... simply because they are social and comfortable with themselves. Try and dress better (if you don't) and start exercising... you can look fit, but if you don't feel fit then that can also be the reason to being anti-social.

btw, i know someone who was 23... working minimum wage, then got fed up... became a social person and began making friends. soon enough that friend offered him a well paying job at about $14.00 an hour and after two years working for him he is now making over 80k a year. (about 20k worth of commissions)

i didn't read anyone's reply... so if i repeated it... then maybe that is a good thing!

ThInK2WIcE about taking his advice

There is so much bullshit in that original post I don't know why so many of you replied in serious fashion.

as much as i hate it, if you do not grab life by the balls, it will kick you in yours

come to terms with this as soon as possible. you are still young, at least you're not 40 and just realizing it.

You know what its time to do right?

18cho-2-600.jpg

TIME TO BREAK THE HIGHSCORE!!

Yeah, you really need to get back into that "I'm seven years old and I am going to kick your ass" life-mentality from your childhood (but NOT the "I'm 13-I had my period-I do what I want" phase). That mindset was pretty much the best in terms of personal motivation: life was what it was, flirting was easy and worked, friends were both easily made and easily recognized, challenges are all set in the realm of 'possible' by default so you try your heart out, and everyone knew your name (which is huge) unless you were a loser-kid.

Success with anything is 90% trying and 10% Usher. Re-framing the situation is key--you have to admit, there is a certain freedom that comes with being 'stuck' in a situation. Use that and fight your way out.

Last edited:
three things

1) sell the bike, that's a no brainer

2) get a college degree

3) you don't need to go through your school to finance your education. the gov't will gladly loan you money at low interest rates and it won't be payable until 6 months after graduation

so stop feeling sorry for yourself and become proactive. there's plenty of good advice in this thread

you could join a motorcycle gang. before you know it, you'll have your own old lady and a jeans jacket front pocket full of doobies...

- Your biggest problem is that you are shy and timid, that isn't going to help you in the long run. The most important skill a human being has is social skills. Look at 90% of CEO's and politicians, and they aren't even close to the smartest in company, but they have a certain social quality about them that makes people just believe in them. Knock Clinton or Bush and thier policies all you want but people believed in them, and followed them in the millions. You master social skills and you can go very far.

- At 22, most people's resumes are a joke. Mine was. With layoff you are competing in a recession so alot of people are unemployed with better qualifications. That's the way it is, you may have to settle for less, or join the military.

- Dump the bike. Not only is it a burden but Harley's portray a poor image.

When I was your age I joined the Marines. My mother died when I was 17, and I was on my own. I made it working, but I was working 70 hours a week just to get by, and going to school. The Marines (joined when I was 21) were an easy way out and helped me develop my skills. Oddly, I exceled in the Marines, I wasn't the baddest or toughest, but I knew how to take shit, so I did well. Kinda like Forrest Gump in the Army.

I'd suggest the Marines, its the only thing that can change your environment, and your decision making skills. You can join another branch, but you'll get more joining the Marines.

I'd suggest the Marines, its the only thing that can change your environment, and your decision making skills. You can join another branch, but you'll get more joining the Marines.

There are better places to learn social skills than FALLUJAH.

we're pulling out of fallujah soon

i'm guessing the majority of deployment in the near future is gonna be to afghanistan

If you want to sell your bike, just sell off the loan.

The person who wants it will have to submit a loan application with the company you're paying, or they will have to find financing on their own and pay your company off.

In any case, you'll likely lose most if not all of what you've already paid on it. It will, however, get rid of that debt.

The other alternative is to just keep it and continue looking cool in a Harley. Plus you'll save gas vs having a car. That is assuming you can afford the monthly payments and insurance.

School: Sounds like you got screwed. Until you find a job and assuming you have things that must be paid else screw up your credit and get repo people at your door, then this isn't a priority.

Job: You're really aiming low here. Get out of your comfort zone and start applying for things you wouldn't normally apply for. If you get an interview, that will be your ticket in the door. Make a good impression and be confident. What's on your application/resume isn't really relevant anymore once you have an interview. Just be prepared to discuss what you put on there, because at least one or two things will come up. Google good interview practices and techniques.

All the rest of the pity party comments: You're just depressed. Feelings are temporary, they always change with time. Drop the sad feelings and focus on what's important. Once you get your life back on track, things will change and you'll forget about the bad times.

Back