TW doctors help/I have an infected cut

Don't drink while on those meds, especially the SMZ/TMP. Feel free to start up a few days after the meds are completed (assumably 7 or 10 days).
Also, try to get some extra water while on the SMZ/TMP (a few good sized glasses a day should be fine)

xapz- why not?

bacardi- COBRA wasnt an option, youve got a bad memory. :) anyway the cost of dr visit + meds was less than 1/3 of what my monthly premium would be.

From drugs.com
Interactions between trimethoprim and Alcohol (ethanol)

Moderate Drug-Drug Interaction trimethoprim and ethanol (Moderate Drug-Drug)
GENERALLY AVOID: Two cases have been reported in which patients on sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim therapy, after consuming beer, reported flushing, heart palpitations, dyspnea, headache, and nausea (disulfiram - alcohol type reactions). The proposed mechanism is inhibition of acetaldehyde dehydrogenase resulting in acetaldehyde accumulation.

MANAGEMENT: Patients should be alerted to the potential for this interaction, and advised to avoid alcohol while taking sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim.

I wouldn't recommend drinking with any antibiotics. It may not cause you any harm, but it sure won't help any.

did they check it for mrsa or vrsa? i got mrsa, pusses up fast and fevers. needs sulphur based antibiotics

i didn't think that mrsa could be identified without taking the antibiotics it's resistant to? The reason I'm taking two antibiotics is in case it's staph resistant.

peg-leg.jpg

I don't think we're ready to take on another medical treatment experiment as a community ... I mean.... the last guy we tried to help lost his finger.

bacardi- COBRA wasnt an option, youve got a bad memory. :) anyway the cost of dr visit + meds was less than 1/3 of what my monthly premium would be.

yes but it will cost a few bucks more to have to revive you after your alcoholic/antibiotic mixture goes wrong, and then the 2 weeks + amputation in the hospital should get you to declare bankruptcy

dont say i didnt warn you!

xapz- why not?

You should only drink with these meds if you don't like organs (especially your kidneys).
And really, drink water or you might regret it!

And yes, the incidence is low. Similar to the incidence of a guy getting a nasty infection on his leg.

holy shit its sarbuze

whos currently winning our phd race? im doing my proposal defense this summer.

:( May '09 for me... Bastard!!!

If you're ever in Baltimore after you defend I'll take you out for drinks to celebrate!

Back