[(#)SOCCER] 2009-2010 Season Thread

City started from nothing though. Yes they overpay for a lot of players, but when was the last time they were at Chelsea or Liverpool's level? Decades. Maybe from now on they can start from equal playing level. They just badly needed to make up ground.

I wouldn't disagree with that argument, though if you look at Liverpool's line-up when Rafa came in it would probably be worse than City's line-up when Hughes came in

But to say they spend the same and distort the numbers to fit your argument is fucking stupid

Who still argues with Fufu? You can't argue with 7 year olds. It does nothing for you except frustrating yourself. Also he's too dumb to remember what the argument was anyways so there is no winning involved.

The same backlash that is happening towards City is the exact feeling most of us have towards Chelsea since it happened to them. Funny enough though, I don't despise city nearly as much as Chelsea. But anyways, it will be fun to watch a team that cost a tenth the price outperform and outclass them while looking outstanding.

Also, a little chant for the next time we play them:

Adebayor, Adebayor,
Your dad washes elephants,
and your mom is a whore

Big news for FC Inter. Sold Maxwell to Barcelona for 4,5 mil euros. (they should have asked more money imo) and bought Lucio from Bayern Monaco.

I'm not too happy about Maxwell transfer, potentially he's a very good player and Barcellona should've payed him more. I guess he's gonna be a great value adder for them.

On the other hands, the arrival of Lucio sorts every problem we had in defence. At this time our defence could be defined as one of the world best.

Maicon, Santon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu, Cordoba, Materazzi, Zanetti, Burdisso. Plenty of choice.

The same backlash that is happening towards City is the exact feeling most of us have towards Chelsea since it happened to them. Funny enough though, I don't despise city nearly as much as Chelsea. But anyways, it will be fun to watch a team that cost a tenth the price outperform and outclass them while looking outstanding.

Adebayor, Adebayor,
and your mom is a whore

damn you guys changed your tune quick from:

Adebayor Adebayorrrrrr
give him the ball and he will score.

and he's not even there yet :lol:

it shouldve been:

Adebayor Adebayorrrrrr
give him the ball and will give up the ball.

Big news for FC Inter. Sold Maxwell to Barcelona for 4,5 mil euros. (they should have asked more money imo) and bought Lucio from Bayern Monaco.

I'm not too happy about Maxwell transfer, potentially he's a very good player and Barcellona should've payed him more. I guess he's gonna be a great value adder for them.

On the other hands, the arrival of Lucio sorts every problem we had in defence. At this time our defence could be defined as one of the world best.

Maicon, Santon, Lucio, Samuel, Chivu, Cordoba, Materazzi, Zanetti, Burdisso. Plenty of choice.

Inter fans in other forums had been saying he was far too much of a liability defensively as a fullback (essentially another Ramos or Alves), did you see him this way?

Adebayor, Adebayor,
and your mom is a whore

Uh

Do you see anything problematic about that chant?

Inter fans in other forums had been saying he was far too much of a liability defensively as a fullback (essentially another Ramos or Alves), did you see him this way?

Many agree with that. Perhaps I might agree too with that, but we really needed a central defender able to create "gameplay". Samuel is so and so on that, Cordoba is just a great defender, but his feet are made with rocks (that's how in Italy we call players that totally lack sensibility with the ball :p). Materazzi could do it, but he's on a descending curve and in the past season he was far away from what we were used to. Chivu could've done that job too but he's not very tall. Having someone like Lucio there in my opinion is a big upgrade (especially during international matches).

Another news coming, looks like Inter is due to get Hleb from Barcellona (as part of the Maxwell-affair). The guy is great, but somehow was left behind and people forgot him while he was in Barcelona. Inter at this time lacks a playmaker, a "n°10". I hear people saying he could take that spot, but frankly I remember him as a very good mid/wing man (and we're just plenty of those), but not as a playmaker.

Days of Our Lives vs. the New York Red Bulls tonight - where can I watch this online?

FSC had it on.

Beckham started ok, had a few decent posessions/cross. But pretty much sucked it up.

Everyone else played pretty good. All of LA's goals (3) were goals of the week. Pretty spectacular, imo.

NY got a 2 PK's at the end, failed to convert the second one. Rikkerts (LA's Jamaican goalie) is awesome.

Was a good game to watch. Second half got a little stale until the end. First half was awesome.

Donovan got one of the awesome goals and an awesome assist. Escandaria had a pretty awesome juke, flip, shoot goal. The finish after the pass for Lewis, brilliant.

Watch the highlights, they're worth it. LA's goals were pieces of work.

:)

The same backlash that is happening towards City is the exact feeling most of us have towards Chelsea since it happened to them. Funny enough though, I don't despise city nearly as much as Chelsea.

It's because they arn't yet succesful after attemping to buy everyone in the world.

FSC had it on.

Beckham started ok, had a few decent posessions/cross. But pretty much sucked it up.

Everyone else played pretty good. All of LA's goals (3) were goals of the week. Pretty spectacular, imo.

NY got a 2 PK's at the end, failed to convert the second one. Rikkerts (LA's Jamaican goalie) is awesome.

Was a good game to watch. Second half got a little stale until the end. First half was awesome.

Donovan got one of the awesome goals and an awesome assist. Escandaria had a pretty awesome juke, flip, shoot goal. The finish after the pass for Lewis, brilliant.

Watch the highlights, they're worth it. LA's goals were pieces of work.

:)

I just saw them...wow

Looking more and more like a cake walk for Juve in Serie A if Zlatan goes. Suck it Evisk.

Just kidding :) It's nice to at least have one other person who follows the league. Especially a fellow Italian.

IBRAHIMOVICH TO FCB FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES

with eto'o on his way out this could be good

Seems like Eto'o is bitching again and the whole deal is based on him. So we can't be sure of this transfer, until Negro'o calms down. He's absolutely not worth 13mil/year btw.

Looking more and more like a cake walk for Juve in Serie A if Zlatan goes. Suck it Evisk.

Just kidding :) It's nice to at least have one other person who follows the league. Especially a fellow Italian.

Well if Zlatan goes, any other italian team would still have a hard time beating Inter.

Julio Cesar
Maicon Lucio Samuel Chivu/Santon
Thiago Motta Cambiasso Hleb/Stankovic/Viera/Quaresma(who seems to have recoved, about time bitch!)
Balotelli/Milito Eto'o

There's plenty of quality solution.

On another point of view FC Inter might lose a bit with the departure of Ibrahimovic. But let's not forget a few facts. FC Inter was centered on Ibra. I'm not saying Ibrahimovic will have a hard time in Barcellona, but he wont be the main star. It's worldwide known that he'll always be lying beneath Messi's shadow.

Second fact, Ibrahimovic (due to the team, but himself too, it's easy to score amazing goals against Catania, on the other hands against Manchester he failed some very easy shots) always failed to be decisive in important matches and especially in CL. He's a mercenary, he's not devoted to anything, nor the shirt. He just wants fame and money (don't get fooled by the fact he's lowering his fee in FC Barcellona).

Inter on the other hands is getting the best striker in the world. Eto'o is for sure the most decisive player on earth (along with Messi). Despite not being wanted by Guardiola, he's the one that dragged Barcellona to its amazing winning serie.
But a problem is clear, he's a mercenary too (or at last he seems to be like it), and he won't be able to have the same weight Ibrahimovic had for our team. Eto'o needs a playmaker (we still lack it, but wih 50mil+Hleb, I guess we could approach Cassano, Ribery, etc).

Inter could be advantaged losing Ibrahimovic. No more Ibra centric gameplay (easy to predict gameplay), no more Ibrahimovic bitching against the team (he's an idiot since FC Inter players sacrificed in order to make Ibra shine).
We're surely not the best team on chart this year (Real and Barca are, but the first imo will have many problem as soon as losses come in) but it's on the right way. FC Inter could be this year great surprise if Mourinho manages it good.

On the other hands I see an unbeatable Barcelona with Ibrahimovic added value.

And let' not forget what is Barcellona doing: Eto'o+Hleb+45/50 mils. How can you decline such an offer?

ps: stay in touch next season, Arnautovic coming (young player, resembles much of Ibrahimovic, could be another surprise).

Juve as Serie A favorites? with Ranieri leading? what a sick joke

Milan couldve challenged until they decided to villainize their entire supporter base by selling kaka, bersculoni's doin great in italy right now too

inter have got to be just huge favorites, with or without zlatan

Juve as Serie A favorites? with Ranieri leading? what a sick joke

He was fired. Ferrara (first timer coach) leading the team.

Milan couldve challenged until they decided to villainize their entire supporter base by selling kaka, bersculoni's doin great in italy right now too

I'm disappointed at how they approached the market. They need an huge revamp if they want to be competitive.

man everyone in fifa 2010 is going to play real madrid now

it's going to be real vs barca over and over again

i'm not really complaining though.

Back