[So] I received a Mail, ccp says more pvp...

ReneG8

Veteran X
From the view of an active player, how does it do?

I mean, whats the general concensus on the fraction pvp? As i understood you could just say "yes i want to be recruited" and then pvp the other factions, right?

Pretty much. You decide which faction you want to join (there is a standings requirement) and then fight the 2 opposite factions. Caldari/Amarr vs Gallente/Minmatar.

It mostly just makes it legal to kill enemy militia players without penalty anywhere and tries to concentrate the action into key low security systems. The system has it's pros and cons, but if all you want to do is shoot shit then it certainly doesn't hurt.

Pretty much. You decide which faction you want to join (there is a standings requirement) and then fight the 2 opposite factions. Caldari/Amarr vs Gallente/Minmatar.

It mostly just makes it legal to kill enemy militia players without penalty anywhere and tries to concentrate the action into key low security systems. The system has it's pros and cons, but if all you want to do is shoot shit then it certainly doesn't hurt.

What about corps that have all 4 races in them?

in corp fight? Or is it like a "lets make pvp for a while and then drop out, do carebear stuff again" thingy?

Well if you're in a corp and the entire corp joins one side, then there is no fighting among corp mates. You're all unified against the enemy.

Think of the militia more as an npc alliance that you're joining, either by yourself to the npc corp or your entire corp.

What about corps that have all 4 races in them?

in corp fight? Or is it like a "lets make pvp for a while and then drop out, do carebear stuff again" thingy?

In order to join the militia of the individual faction, you have to leave your corp...the militia becomes your corp. If your entire corp joins FW, it will be for one faction only.

There are faction missions actually, but the payout is poor on those, you'll pretty much never get the time bonus, and it sends you deep into enemy territory. Although the point of them is more to send folks deep into enemy territory so it does what it's supposed to.

There is no other money earning ventures except for looting wrecks (and those freaks actually organizing mining ops within the militia *shudder*).

There are faction missions actually, but the payout is poor on those, you'll pretty much never get the time bonus, and it sends you deep into enemy territory. Although the point of them is more to send folks deep into enemy territory so it does what it's supposed to.

There is no other money earning ventures except for looting wrecks (and those freaks actually organizing mining ops within the militia *shudder*).
I believe that the dev team indicated that eventually there would be unique rewards available for faction warfare. Right now I'm pretty sure the game just uses the standard mission running LP rewards. That could change though.

I believe that the dev team indicated that eventually there would be unique rewards available for faction warfare. Right now I'm pretty sure the game just uses the standard mission running LP rewards. That could change though.

That might be true, but right now it's pretty much pointless.

Back