Reload this Page WE'RE GOING TO WAR. [Syria]
Page 4 of 4
arsin
Veteran++
Old
61 - 06-15-2013, 10:44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderDawg View Post
If we get into another war, isn't Iran first in line? And what about NKorea?
and it is also my opinion that Carthage must be destroyed long before we move into Syria.
"The road to Iran passes through Syria."
- Benjamin Netanyahoo in Scheming with the Cabinet (unplublished).

"The tail wags the dog."
- Ms. Livni Israeli Minister of Foreign Affairs overhead when at talking about US/Israeli relations.

Sponsored Links
Milk-Man
VeteranXX
Old
62 - 06-15-2013, 10:47
We're due for another civil war. Let's team up the Navy and Air Force and have them battle it out against the Marines and Army. Coast guard can just keep on doing whatever it is they do. Ready, FIGHT!

T-Dawg
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
63 - 06-15-2013, 11:15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
I just want this Syria **** to end. I don't normally think about other countries' issues so much, but the sheer volume of innocent people being slaughtered over there is ridiculous. Almost every week I switch BBC News on and see footage of living rooms where families were gunned down on their sofas, villages wiped out, etc.

It really is some bad ****, I don't remember seeing as much horror as this during the Iraq conflict and such. From what I've seen women and children are being mercilessly put in confined rooms and all shot dead, there's no sense of honour whatsoever.

At this point I don't give a **** who did what or why, I just want the conflict ended. But of course those things are vital to actually bringing it to an end so just ignore my politically ignorant ass.
Do you really want us to liberate them?

-SS-
VeteranXV
Old
64 - 06-15-2013, 11:32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flunky View Post
in this particular case, my guess is this is how syria got them:

Russia sold them to Iraq, Iraq smuggled them to Syria during/just before GW2.

anyway, Russia's tactic should be familiar to you - deny deny deny...

even if this speculation is true I don't think we should be involved.
Close.

Actually, Iraq was given WMDs by the US due to the protracted war with Iran (and were later used against the Kurds during their uprising). Speculation is that Saddam had some of them disassembled and began his own research and production. He kept them relatively mobile to avoid UN inspections.

Within the first two weeks of the invasion of Iraq, news reports of the US saber rattling at Syria were posted and quickly pulled. It was believed that the remaining WMDs were moved to Syria just as when Saddam flew his air force into Iran during the Gulf War in 1991.

SecretSquirrel
VeteranXV
Old
65 - 06-15-2013, 11:37
Saddam always had some WMD capability and tried to use it at different times.

During the Iran-Iraq war they would crank up the output of the laser rangefinders on their Soviet tanks and flash them across the battlefield at the waves of attacking Iranian soldiers, causing blindness.

Last edited by SecretSquirrel; 06-15-2013 at 11:40..
ZooL
VeteranXX
Old
66 - 06-15-2013, 12:14
PRAISE OBAMA HE IS THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER - WE SHOULD SEND OUR YOUNG MEN OVER THEIR TO DIE IN FAR AWAY LANDS, THEY SIGNED UP FOR IT..ITS THEIR FAULT FOR NOT GETTING AN 8 YEAR AND A 200,000K A YEAR JOB.

Flunky
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
67 - 06-15-2013, 22:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SS- View Post
Close.

Actually, Iraq was given WMDs by the US due to the protracted war with Iran (and were later used against the Kurds during their uprising). Speculation is that Saddam had some of them disassembled and began his own research and production. He kept them relatively mobile to avoid UN inspections.

Within the first two weeks of the invasion of Iraq, news reports of the US saber rattling at Syria were posted and quickly pulled. It was believed that the remaining WMDs were moved to Syria just as when Saddam flew his air force into Iran during the Gulf War in 1991.
wow so surprised to learn -ss- is actually some neocon fraud...

Last edited by Flunky; 06-15-2013 at 22:46..
Dynamo
VeteranXV
Old
68 - 06-16-2013, 11:33
our foreign policy is truly theatre of the absurd at this point

we spend the entire past decade fighting islamic radicals allied with al qaeda

now we're sending weapons and military support to...islamic radicals allied with al qaeda

it's like they don't even give a **** anymore, they don't even have to try to make this **** coherent because no one is paying attention. just point to someone and say, "that's the bad guy," and the media falls in line and pushes the story into the heads of braindead america.

combing through everyone's phone calls and emails must have made them realize just how ****ing stupid the average person in this country is and emboldened them in their plans

Scud411
VeteranXV
Old
69 - 06-16-2013, 12:00
maybe.
beyond that they also somehow forgot about the soviet war in Afghanistan.
how well did helping 'rebels' work out in the long run for us then.

the UN should be there giving aid. food, water, medical aid to innocents who are caught in the crossfire and just trying to stay alive. that is already the case.

that should be all that's being done.

ICMeltdown
VeteranX
Old
70 - 06-16-2013, 12:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scud411 View Post
maybe.
beyond that they also somehow forgot about the soviet war in Afghanistan.
how well did helping 'rebels' work out in the long run for us then.

the UN should be there giving aid. food, water, medical aid to innocents who are caught in the crossfire and just trying to stay alive. that is already the case.

that should be all that's being done.
Yup, stupid decision if we aren't part of a multi national force, made up of mostly countries from that region w/ the US providing logistics/intel and drone work.

There was a time, long ago now, when it was our national policy not to interfere in the internal struggles of another nation. So far doing so has never ended well for us that I'm aware of.

Page 4 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page WE'RE GOING TO WAR. [Syria]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
ender has herpes