[Official] '09-'10 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

He was talking about himself, I thought? Unless I misheard or your post is in sarcasm?

:huh:

the guy that the announcer/analyst was talking about when he started to cry.

He said that in Game 4, 1992 (Iirc), he walked off the ice and said something to a kid.

Man that seriously tore me up when Roenick started crying man. The other announcers were trying to cheer him up but...

:(

fuuuuuuuck

Roenick was on ESPN radio this morning for a good 20 minutes during my morning commute. (ESPN 1000 in Chicago)

He was still emotional, and just talking about it all over again, his voice was getting shaky. Dude was a serious competitor. He's got the "no favorites" act down for TV commentary, but I can't imagine there was any fan out there that wanted Chicago to win more then him.

edit : he reiterated his story about the crying little boy after they lost the cup at old chicago stadium though. you can tell that memory haunts him pretty bad. hopefully now it won't.

Last edited:
Classic hockey line:

Football players say they are going to Disney World after winning the Super Bowl.

Hockey players go to the 24 hour dentist to get 7 teeth replaced:

I didn't realize till recently that Scotty Bowman was scouting for Chicago. No wonder the franshise has turned around. Their average is is like 24, 3 strong lines. It's not just a good team, it's a potential dynasty.

I looked Scotty up on wiki. He's won 9 cups as a coach, another 4 in management. If he would of stuck with Pittsburgh after their first cup with Lemiuex he'd have even more! If he didn't leave Detroit he'd have more, but omg 13 rings!

Bowman is the only coach in all pro sports to win championships with three different teams.

lol @ naming his son after the cup, a son who is now GM of the Championship team. What a story.

Gotta love Jeremy Roenick, he tried so hard to make the moment about him because he loves the game so much.

He was also an analyst for NBC during the 2010 Stanley Cup Finals, were after the Chicago Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, Roenick became overwhelmed emotionally, barely holding back tears and addressing the Blackhawks organization and their fans by saying "For the kid who was there in 1992 who was crying when I came off the ice in after we lost Game 4 at Chicago Stadium — you waited 18 years. I hope you have a big smile on your face. Congratulations." When pressed further about his emotional state Roenick appeared to have trouble putting his emotions into words and simply replied "I’m proud, I’m happy. I’m proud."[

But yet,
During the 2004–05 NHL lockout, he addressed certain fans that perceive NHL players as being spoiled. Roenick told these fans to "kiss my ass" and accused them of being jealous. He stated further that he would prefer that those fans who shared that perception no longer attend NHL games or watch them on television

What a tool.

this parade is hilarious, kane was spraying the crowd with champagne someone just threw a coors light to byfuglien so he cracked it open and a chicago cop drove an atv through a crowd running over some kids and then ran over another cop injuring them

Back