Breaking Bad Season 5

y do ppl like to try and decipher and play detective with such a good show that never fails to let you down

just fuking enjoy the ride u fucks.

I'm bummed they're stretching 16 episodes across two summers. Just let it all play out back to back, or at least if you're going to split it bring it back in January/February.

Wouldn't a criminal mastermind use whole-drive encryption? 
That whole part of the storyline has pissed me off. Like someone as careful as Gus is going to be storing video recordings of his meth lab where he murdered one of his employees, let alone storing them as unencrypted data on his laptop that he keeps in his office at his restaurant where DEA agents have been snooping around.

It made no sense at all.

Also, I once took an electromagnet strong enough to lift up a laptop and placed it right up against the hard drive while it was writing to the disk and it didn't do anything.

I'm raging so much. :lol:

I'm sure they were also banking on the impact breaking the hard drive.

also 16 episodes across 2 summers? the fuck? what if the world ends dec 2012?! how will i know the ending?? they don't have cable TV in hell, do they?

They were also banking on an icepick or knife from the lockup being pulled so hard by the magnets, that it pierced the hard drive and then also spontaneously ignited.

I'm sure they were also banking on the impact breaking the hard drive.
Which wouldn't happen to a HDD that's off. It might mess up the interface or something at best, which is all very easily repaired. The actual data would be just fine.

Also there's no way that magnet would be strong enough to send a 5lb laptop flying like we saw in the episode.

Did they even mention that Gus stored the videos on the HD? It seems it was just speculation and Walt wanted to make sure it was destroyed. It could of just been a stream.

I mean imagine how much HD space it would take to store weeks of footage.

Did they even mention that Gus stored the videos on the HD? It seems it was just speculation and Walt wanted to make sure it was destroyed. It could of just been a stream.

I mean imagine how much HD space it would take to store weeks of footage.

At my previous job, I had 26 cameras storing 2 months of video on 500gb. It only saved the frames that had motion in them.

That whole part of the storyline has pissed me off. Like someone as careful as Gus is going to be storing video recordings of his meth lab where he murdered one of his employees, let alone storing them as unencrypted data on his laptop that he keeps in his office at his restaurant where DEA agents have been snooping around.

It made no sense at all.

Also, I once took an electromagnet strong enough to lift up a laptop and placed it right up against the hard drive while it was writing to the disk and it didn't do anything.

I'm raging so much. :lol:
Did they ever say that the data wasn't encrypted?

Presumably its only a matter of time before they get the data once they have the laptop.

I was hoping the 'twist' would be that the laptop had an SSD :lol:

don't forget about the two very powerful magnets inside the hard drive. Those will erase your hard drive if you tip the magnetism too much to the right.

Back