[Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please] by telos - Page 199 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]
Page 199 of 229
Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
3961 - 04-08-2009, 11:48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icey View Post
Well come on now Pixie, he admitted that he was really emotional about this awhile back so who the hell knows what exactly he said. But I gather your point.
I would've thought the would communicate the sarcasm.

Sponsored Links
telos
VeteranXV
Old
3962 - 04-08-2009, 11:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
hate to say it but I don't think it looks good. They're not going to take the wedding back from that couple, that would be worse flack for them than ****ing you over in the first place. We did have illegitimate votes and they can remove us from the contest for them, whether they do it after removing the votes and allowing us to continue or whether they do it right away is up to them. Obviously one of those options is a hell of a lot more ****ing lame than the other, why they went that way we'll never know.

I wish the second couple who clearly committed the single largest incidence of cheating in the entire contest right at the end had also been subjected to the same audit that we were, but I think they've set themselves up legally to be able to do basically whatever the hell they want. There's no obligation for them to audit everyone.
I'm so taking away your BM button. Party pooper :P

Phrozen
VeteranXX
Old
3963 - 04-08-2009, 11:54
Quote:
hate to say it but I don't think it looks good. They're not going to take the wedding back from that couple, that would be worse flack for them than ****ing you over in the first place. We did have illegitimate votes and they can remove us from the contest for them, whether they do it after removing the votes and allowing us to continue or whether they do it right away is up to them. Obviously one of those options is a hell of a lot more ****ing lame than the other, why they went that way we'll never know.

I wish the second couple who clearly committed the single largest incidence of cheating in the entire contest right at the end had also been subjected to the same audit that we were, but I think they've set themselves up legally to be able to do basically whatever the hell they want. There's no obligation for them to audit everyone.
They are obligated to play fairly though. We have proof that the other team is guilty. At no point did Telos encourage fake voting. Then theres the obvious proof that the "winning" team was not held to the same scrutiny.

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
3964 - 04-08-2009, 11:57
Don't get me wrong, I still think we got ****ed and I hope we can find some kind of recourse, but I just don't think we're going to find any good footing to stand on.

I think you're going down the right path trying to talk to them both about this. If they're not responsive I really would go to the news, you'll get more traction there than in a legal battle.

I think the 2 paragraph letter after all we've done that doesn't provide any context or legitimate reason for our expulsion that we hadn't already addressed is an incredibly insulting and dismissive brushoff. It's a solid slap in the face to the people who clearly won their contest.

Kali
VeteranXX
Old
3965 - 04-08-2009, 11:58
Don't just let it digest bro. Once they physically award the prizes, it will be MUCH MUCH harder to get a satisfactory conclusion for you. Until it's signed and dotted, things are still very much fluid.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
3966 - 04-08-2009, 11:59
... you can have your BM button back

Phrozen
VeteranXX
Old
3967 - 04-08-2009, 12:00
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I still think we got ****ed and I hope we can find some kind of recourse, but I just don't think we're going to find any good footing to stand on.

I think you're going down the right path trying to talk to them both about this. If they're not responsive I really would go to the news, you'll get more traction there than in a legal battle.

I think the 2 paragraph letter after all we've done that doesn't provide any context or legitimate reason for our expulsion that we hadn't already addressed is an incredibly insulting and dismissive brushoff. It's a solid slap in the face to the people who clearly won their contest.
Well, if we have no leg to stand on then Telos has the spreadsheets and data to win a free wedding for the 3rd place team. If we're DQed then this couple should be out too.

Either way I want these bastards to have to drop another 50 grand for their douche baggery.

Icey
VeteranX
Old
3968 - 04-08-2009, 12:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali View Post
Don't just let it digest bro. Once they physically award the prizes, it will be MUCH MUCH harder to get a satisfactory conclusion for you. Until it's signed and dotted, things are still very much fluid.
Yeah this too.

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
3969 - 04-08-2009, 12:02
Presumably Feldmann's contractual agreement with whoever runs the contest will obligate the contest administrators to compensate for any discrepancies in the contest administration.

Jelly
VeteranXX
Old
3970 - 04-08-2009, 12:04

fire zzz missallllesss

Icey
VeteranX
Old
3971 - 04-08-2009, 12:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
Well, if we have no leg to stand on then Telos has the spreadsheets and data to win a free wedding for the 3rd place team. If we're DQed then this couple should be out too.
Yeah exactly. Scourge, they have the right to disqualify people if they so choose, but they do not have the right to apply the rules of this contract differently to different people. They entered into a contract with telos and all of the other couples when they put together this contest. Sure they have the right to disqualify people but they can't make arbitrary decisions and basically just say "Whoops, we like this other group over here despite them getting less votes which we agreed would determine the winner. Never mind that they obviously cheated, we choose them." It may not be racial, religious or what have you, but it IS discrimination.

When you have a contract with multiple parties, all of those parties need to be treated equally. That is absolutely the law, which is why I've said from the start that if they DQ telos then they should DQ the other couple and any other couple who got even one semi non-legit vote.

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
3972 - 04-08-2009, 12:11
But they're not contractually obligated to audit every couple, and they have the right to audit couples (or not audit them) at their discretion. They can say we did have illegitimate votes, DQ us for those, then choose not to audit anyone else and they're just fine. Seedy and pathetic, but legally fine.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3973 - 04-08-2009, 12:14
It might be fine legally but it would sure generate some bad publicity for them

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
3974 - 04-08-2009, 12:16
Right, which is why I think he's best trying to contact both the administrative party and feldmann (especially if feldmann doesn't know about the shenanigans going on) and then go to the media. I just don't think the legal footing is there to justify the expense of legal counsel

Phrozen
VeteranXX
Old
3975 - 04-08-2009, 12:18
Absolutely Icey.

If this was in any way fair then the easy way to win Telos the contest would be for him and his wife to cast a single legitimate vote and then let us cast bogus votes for every single other couple. He can't be held accountable for all of his voters, because nothing can be done to prevent sabotage by other contestants.

Yankee
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3976 - 04-08-2009, 12:23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee View Post
3-21-2009, 08:46 AM btw, how this will end is they will say all the voting is suspect, they will throw the top three names in a drawing, and couple #2 will win
not too far off was I?

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
3977 - 04-08-2009, 12:28
i see the tw armchair lawyers are out in full force

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
3978 - 04-08-2009, 12:32
I missed my chance to use the new acronym I found on reddit: IANAL (I am not a lawyer).

anal.. hehe.

telos
VeteranXV
Old
3979 - 04-08-2009, 12:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Haggis? View Post
i see the tw armchair lawyers are out in full force
yeah I wouldn't mind input from a real lawyer :P

I know there is some one out there that would take the case but there is some one out there who would take any case.

Not that I think the legal route is the route to take here.

It will be private lines of communication. Public ones. Media then perhaps legal. I doubt it will go that far since all I really want is more of an explanation which if they did their job they should be able to provide and if Feldmann Nissian has any hopes of looking like the good guy here they will continue on the track they are currently on. They have been very helpful and are working on gathering the facts. If the administration did not hold a fair and unbiased competition the administration did not uphold their end of the deal with Feldmann.

Yankee
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
3980 - 04-08-2009, 12:36
Our e-detectives need to discover the relationship between Feldman, the contest administrator, and the winning couple.

It's there, somewhere.

Page 199 of 229

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
defcon 1 , defcon 2 , fuck nissan , hack the gibson , nissan sucks traps , telos is a pussy , telos is spineless