Reload this Page [World Cup] football thread
Page 14 of 14
TrojanMan421
VeteranXV
Old
261 - 07-15-2018, 19:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
I still don't understand how these unknown countries end up in the world cup. What leagues do they have? You're saying they throw together a bunch of people who can play soccer and that's it? Is the secret a few black people who can run fast with some white dudes? I mean, what is the formula for each country and can the USA do it?
2018 FIFA World Cup Russiaâ„¢ - Teams - FIFA.com
Look, there's all 32 teams. How did most of them get there? For example, I don't hear about a soccer league in Iran, yet they were there.
Recruiting/developing youth 'foreign ****s' is crucial to a winning soccer program. The USMNT is a bush league organization akin to Cleveland Browns. Our scouting, recruitment, and development is routinely beaten by 3rd world countries. (We're actively losing our prospects because the USMNT organization is such a dumpster fire).

How U.S. Soccer ignores talented Hispanic players like Jonathan Gonzalez - SBNation.com

Sponsored Links
NoGodForMe
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
262 - 07-15-2018, 19:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanMan421 View Post
Recruiting/developing youth 'foreign ****s' is crucial to a winning soccer program. The USMNT is a bush league organization akin to Cleveland Browns. Our scouting, recruitment, and development is routinely beaten by 3rd world countries. (We're actively losing our prospects because the USMNT organization is such a dumpster fire).

How U.S. Soccer ignores talented Hispanic players like Jonathan Gonzalez - SBNation.com
Nice article. Seems like the solution is complicated. But what I see is the MLS needs to be a league that develops players for our national team, like the NBA did for the Dream team. It's like the MLS and the national team are completely separate. Then where does the national team get the experience they need?

TrojanMan421
VeteranXV
Old
263 - 07-15-2018, 19:26
It's way before MLS that the scouting and development needs to happen.
Pulisic will be the best American soccer player we've ever had (comes from a soccer family, early development) and he got a passport from Croatia just to train properly in Europe (Croats probably steamroll France if he had defected to their national team).
Clint Dempsey didn't get discovered till he was essentially an adult. Talent needs to be discovered early and developed accordingly.

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
264 - 07-15-2018, 19:36
Broadcasters warned not to focus on hot women while filming World Cup games

TrojanMan421
VeteranXV
Old
265 - 07-15-2018, 19:37
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F9jXYOH2c0

Fling
VeteranXV
Old
266 - 07-15-2018, 21:25
while I love soccer, I do think there are 2 problems that should be addressed. I think the goals need to be slightly bigger to improve the goal scoring and excitement. Ultimately, we got a good final today, but more often than not it's 0-0, or 1-0, or 1-1. Even increasing it some very slight amount like 4" on each side and height would make it that much harder to defend.

I also think they need to do something about the shootouts. What a dreadful way for a game to end. Perhaps something like after 90 minutes, it goes to sudden death with each team dropping a player after 5 minutes until someone wins.

I would have loved to see Croatia win today. They were much more exciting and inspiring to watch than France. Today, Croatia defeated themselves.

ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
267 - 07-15-2018, 23:25
average height and reach of goalkeepers has probably grown that much since the goal size was standardised so that's not a really dumb idea.

Then again the strength and speed of attackers has also increased so it probably balances out. I don't see a big difference in scores from history to modern times.

Although it is boring as **** sometimes but that's what it is. Otherwise go watch Aussie rules.

I do like the idea of dropping a player every 10 mins or so, that could lead to some epic 2 on 2 action.

zalientek
VeteranX
Old
268 - 07-16-2018, 00:35
Here's another good one... 100 Women: 'I was a World Cup honey shot' - BBC News

Oh woe is me. My life is so much harder now that rihanna gave me publicity and i got a modeling contract. Ugh, I'm such a beautiful girl that I make copious amounts of money I never thought possible. Reading the trolls comments makes it so hard. I don't wish this kind of fame and wealth on anyone.

gtfo here with that ****.

SuperTrap
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
269 - 07-16-2018, 01:17

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
270 - 07-16-2018, 01:34
I kind of feel bad for women at world cup games now, because if you're on TV you're not attractive enough to be excluded from being on TV.

slush
Veteran4
Old
271 - 07-16-2018, 03:14
almost cared about the worldcup..

havax
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
272 - 07-16-2018, 04:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by slush View Post
almost cared about the worldcup..
not even close

ArakAtak
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
273 - 07-16-2018, 09:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool View Post
I kind of feel bad for women at world cup games now, because if you're on TV you're not attractive enough to be excluded from being on TV.
yeah this

Lucien1964
VeteranXV
Old
274 - 07-16-2018, 15:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fling View Post
while I love soccer, I do think there are 2 problems that should be addressed. I think the goals need to be slightly bigger to improve the goal scoring and excitement. Ultimately, we got a good final today, but more often than not it's 0-0, or 1-0, or 1-1. Even increasing it some very slight amount like 4" on each side and height would make it that much harder to defend.

I also think they need to do something about the shootouts. What a dreadful way for a game to end. Perhaps something like after 90 minutes, it goes to sudden death with each team dropping a player after 5 minutes until someone wins.

I would have loved to see Croatia win today. They were much more exciting and inspiring to watch than France. Today, Croatia defeated themselves.
IMHO the only thing the need to do to increase scoring and open up the game more is remove off sides rules. More long passes down the field plus the defense will be forced to have players play similar to a safety or DB .(NFL) Force to stay back in case of break away's etc.

bonepuppet
VeteranXV
Old
275 - 07-16-2018, 16:39
football needs to be more like football

Esteban_Villa
VeteranX
Contributor
Old
276 - 07-16-2018, 17:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien1964 View Post
IMHO the only thing the need to do to increase scoring and open up the game more is remove off sides rules. More long passes down the field plus the defense will be forced to have players play similar to a safety or DB .(NFL) Force to stay back in case of break away's etc.
The sweeper was one of the most important players before offsides even existed for a bit after

AnubiS
VeteranX
Old
277 - 07-16-2018, 17:56
So, policeman kills a man and the entire country goes riot.

Amazing way to celebrate a world cup.

AnubiS
VeteranX
Old
278 - 07-17-2018, 12:04
Emanuel Macron on green screen, have fun guys ! - 9GAG

Lulz

Page 14 of 14

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [World Cup] football thread

Social Website Bullshit