shit is going down in massachusetts

DnApD0pVAAEQg75

Family crawled out of that mess, no update on how they are doing.

180913-crushed-car.jpg

First confirmed fatality, 18yo kid was in that car the chimney crushed.

Pictures of broken houses always freak me out. :ugh:

A few years ago there was a gas explosion in Cali that caused all of our energy prices to increase due to everyone suing PG&E.

oh man they got hit with a hurricane of them

PG&E jolted by wildfires lawsuit from dozens of insurers

so much so they came up with this as a solution

PG&E could shut off your power on purpose amid fire hazards

just cut power and utilities off to areas that might be a hazard ahead of time + higher prices

that should make everyone happy

:lol:

oh man they got hit with a hurricane of them

PG&E jolted by wildfires lawsuit from dozens of insurers

so much so they came up with this as a solution

PG&E could shut off your power on purpose amid fire hazards

just cut power and utilities off to areas that might be a hazard ahead of time + higher prices

that should make everyone happy

:lol:
Yeah... I checked my address on the PG&E page and discovered that I, too, can have my power turned off because of a fire. I think all these power companies are sitting on their dicks until all the power lines are so outdated that the politicians get involved to get the taxpayers to pay for upgrading the powerlines, rather than the companies paying to upgrade their own shit.

You know, exactly like the Paris Peace Accord. Tax the ever living shit out of the American working class to give to corporations that set up shop in 3rd world nations to reduce their own carbon footprint. Which is exactly what that accord was about.

utility rates go up.......utility taxes go up

utility infrastructure goes to shit

service quality becomes non-existent

everyone who matters wins

and then both groups get involved to make the services compulsory

tied to your property and mandated/enforced by government

that is the perfect storm for sure

isnt that what cable companies already did?
got money from government to make fiber and then spent it on yachts

Saw a convoy of about 50 PNG gas company trucks going down I84 towards Boston area last night. They took the investigation away from the gas company responsible and Eversource is leading the investigation now.

Yah - cuz the company involved has a little bit of a history with this shit. Also, there was some union strike or walkout going on in the days leading up to this. Fish stew, man, fish stew.

a coworker's husband is a plumber and has lots of experience with gas line work. in his opinion there's no way this was an accident, there are just too many redundant safety systems inline of one another for something like this to happen

#terroristz

I work for a gas company. There are two gas systems underground, distribution and transmission. Distribution usually runs at 50psi, transmission can go up to 1000psi. Dristribution runs through the streets feeding your service to your meter where there is a regulator that drops the distribution pressure to house pressure of about 1/3 psi. The transmission lines feed regulator stations that take transmission pressure and drop it down to distribution pressure. There will be regulator stations spread out all over keeping the distribution system fed. Sounds like a transmission reg station failed and overpressurized the distribution system causing the house regs to fail. There are usually redundancy built in to the stations, but if they are not maintained, this can happen.

I’m going with this

Back